Edges of leaves curling up and twisting new growth

• Thread starter Drako
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drako

Thank you all for the help and support. I will have to get a Meter or something just not entirely sure of everything haha. Gonna take a couple grows to be able to afford everything I need for a amazing one. Just don't have all the money at once.

D

Drako

Well there seeming to get worse tacoing not sure what's going on. It's now moved to three plants really confuses as to what is happening maybe light intensity.

20220217 022615
20220217 022546
20220217 022526
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Aim your fans at the walls, not the plants. The breeze pulls moisture from the leaf edges and the light intensity starts drying them out causing edge curling. They only need to slightly vibrate, not get blown in a hurricane.

D

Drako

Aim your fans at the walls, not the plants. The breeze pulls moisture from the leaf edges and the light intensity starts drying them out causing edge curling. They only need to slightly vibrate, not get blown in a hurricane.
Thats what I'm saying the fans are not on them ones aimed a little above the light and the other is aimed right at a wall next to them they don't barely move when I'm in there and also when I look through the cracks of the door.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Heat Stress.
Dim your lights by 10%. If its 80% dim to 70%...
Take the leaf temps. Use a no-touch laser thermometer.
Get it at the local Walmart or drug store, or order online.

D

Drako

Heat Stress.
Dim your lights by 10%. If its 80% dim to 70%...
Take the leaf temps. Use a no-touch laser thermometer.
Get it at the local Walmart or drug store, or order online.
Okay I will have to do this I had it on 75 I dropped it to 50. Started worrying me since I checked this morning like 10 more leaves have the symptoms.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's always better to reduce the amount of light.
1. It slows the plant down and gives you more time to figure out what's wrong.
2. It lets the plant recover more quickly as they do on overcast days.

D

Drako

Okay I will have to do this I had it on 75 I dropped it to 50. Started worrying me since I checked this morning like 10 more leaves have the symptoms.
So leave it at that and keep checking on it? If it does continue to get worse what would the next thing that can cause that be?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The only other thing that causes edge folding is mites, and I do not see any signs of them.
Check under your leaves with a big magnifying glass.

D

Drako

It's always better to reduce the amount of light.
1. It slows the plant down and gives you more time to figure out what's wrong.
2. It lets the plant recover more quickly as they do on overcast days.
Oh okay.i have been trying to black out this room. In my basement because I cannot afford a tent at the moment. I seem to have got the majority of the light out. And soon to finish it as close to the human eye. In pitch black. But since i have not had a black out area have been keeping them on 24 hr light cycle which could probably be another thing stressing them.

D

Drako

The only other thing that causes edge folding is mites, and I do not see any signs of them.
Check under your leaves with a big magnifying glass.
I have looked pretty close and have not seen any mites. I don't currently have a magnifying glass. But I will get one. Just started on a budget that's why I only have mars hydro ts 1000 at the moment planning to upgrade to a mars hydro fc-6500 soon.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Oh okay.i have been trying to black out this room. In my basement because I cannot afford a tent at the moment. I seem to have got the majority of the light out. And soon to finish it as close to the human eye. In pitch black. But since i have not had a black out area have been keeping them on 24 hr light cycle which could probably be another thing stressing them.
Yes. You need to get them on 18/6 as soon as possible. Hang blankets or something to black it out. That's too much for this plant.

D

Drako

I have a room I can switch them to the is very very close to blacked out. Would that work? If I hang a blanket over the door it's even darker but you can slightly see it through the cracks of the door unfortunately. I'm trying to get enough money for the tarp and velcro to create my own black out door and then was gonna get them in there.

Top Bottom