Edges of leaves curling up and twisting new growth

• Thread starter Drako
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Drako

your doing the right thing and getting your environment more intact..
Awesome thank you for all the help and encouragement. Also may I ask what light you use. I'm wanting to go with the fc 6500 from Mars hydro. I just can't afford a par tester so I'm not sure the heights to hang it at and or what % I should be running at.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Awesome thank you for all the help and encouragement. Also may I ask what light you use. I'm wanting to go with the fc 6500 from Mars hydro. I just can't afford a par tester so I'm not sure the heights to hang it at and or what % I should be running at.
whenever unsure about something always think less is more..
i never measure nothing, test anything, no clue of ph, ppm, ec… etc.,
im not sure about LED’s, i’ve always used 1000 watt metal halide/high pressure sodium lights..
lights are very important in a grow so spend the money and get a top quality one maybe spiderfarm or HLG..

D

Drako

A
Also what are good companies to get seeds from?
whenever unsure about something always think less is more..
i never measure nothing, test anything, no clue of ph, ppm, ec… etc.,
im not sure about LED’s, i’ve always used 1000 watt metal halide/high pressure sodium lights..
lights are very important in a grow so spend the money and get a top quality one maybe spiderfarm or HLG.
I get that the Mara hydro fc6500 is a quality light they used to have crappy ones but they have came along way these easily March the spiderfarmer another brand for the money to gram ratio. Atleast those are what YouTube reviews say lmfao but everything I read says they are very good.

D

Drako

Judt a little slower start then at max capacity i believe. There maybe 40 days from. Seed if that.

D

Drako

Hey pk1 how you been? Unfortunately photone won't work on my phone. :(

Silk689

Silk689

Hey bro i know ur on a budget but you do need some basic tools otherwise any problems that might occur throughout the grow will all just be a guess. I would get these or borrow from friends till some money comes in:

1 - test your soil ph (ur looking for around 6.5)

2 - a ph meter (again 6.5)
3- a truncheon / EC meter

4 - a hygrometer so u know exactly ur T&H.. grab 2. One for floor level and 1 around the light level.

5 - you then need to test that runoff water to see whats happening in that rhizosphere (root zone) to rule out any nutrient problems/lockouts.

All the basictools above is a must unfortunately man.. you can then upgrade to digital meters later down the line. Also i know u like the mars led but have u also looked into “optic slim 650s / 720s?”

iam old school and still use MH/HPS but my environment is dialled in :-)))

D

Drako

I do now have humidity monitor and a temp monitor. I'm getting about 55% humidity and about 75 degrees at canopy level this space heater I bought sucks.

D

Drako

I do now have humidity monitor and a temp monitor. I'm getting about 55% humidity and about 75 degrees at canopy level this space heater I bought sucks.
I also do agree that I need a ppm meter and a ph meter. What is ec? Sorry I don't know all of the slang for this yet u fortunately. I do have alot of it down was just waiting for the tent for easier ability to maintain environment.

Silk689

Silk689

Hey bro, no need to apologize. We all start somewhere right? :-)).. ok humidity and temp seems perfect to me at this stage. Do u have the readings when the lights go out too? I presume ur also doing 18/6 and not 24 straight right? (18/6) always better so plant can have a rest too. 😴 lol.

EC is your Electrical Conductivity. Same as PPM 500/700.. Always use EC and never PPM because some plant food manufacturers use the 500 scale and some use the 700 scale. It can cause major confusion when feeding and the plant will end up taking the beating if you get nute burn coz strength maybe too high etc 🙈. EC is universal. The EC will measure the nutrient strength you decide to give it at certain intervals (weeks). Other names its known as is a “Truncheon”

Last edited:
D

Drako

Heres a pic of that truncheon and EC tab is what you should always use 👍🏽⬇️
Thank you. Should ec be on most ppm also I am currently keeping them on 24 only because I couldn't find a room in my house I can light proof but I'm getting a tent this week so that shouldn't be an issue and will switch switch light schedule and since there random seeds I will probably just send into flower. To get them done and out of my tent for the my new genetics.

D

Drako

Thank you. Should ec be on most ppm also I am currently keeping them on 24 only because I couldn't find a room in my house I can light proof but I'm getting a tent this week so that shouldn't be an issue and will switch switch light schedule and since there random seeds I will probably just send into flower. To get them done and out of my tent for the my new genetics.
Ppm pens*

Silk689

Silk689

Hey bro

yea majority of ppm meters have the EC alongside it. If they dont then dont buy it. Maybe just look up EC meter online if the bluelab truncheon is too expensive 👍🏽

D

Drako

Still kinda baffled I think I'm still get the edge curling issues and one leaf on the plant just shriveled up and died I may have injured it during the last but I didn't see it when I did it.i have got my heat up to 77 my humidity 50% I wiat for my container to get pretty light. I'm using distilled water. I'm still kinda at a loss here.

D

Drako

Still kinda baffled I think I'm still get the edge curling issues and one leaf on the plant just shriveled up and died I may have injured it during the last but I didn't see it when I did it.i have got my heat up to 77 my humidity 50% I wiat for my container to get pretty light. I'm using distilled water. I'm still kinda at a loss here.
When I transplanted when they were very small they did have a root issue front he other container.any idea if that could be it. Or if it could be from me having to keep it in 24 hrs a day at the moment.

D

Drako

Or maybe it's still my light and I'm just not dimming it enough but it's not in a tent and it's really not that bright. And it's higher then the recommended distance.

Top Bottom