Edibles in denver

• Thread starter Trend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MileHighChic

MileHighChic

I made Canna-butter for the first time last year and made it way too strong because I was scared it wasn't potent enough. I took all the trimmings and popcorn buds from my harvest about , 2 lbs of butter and water, threw it into the crock pot for 8 hours.
It was dark green and very stinky !
So, I took the Canna-butter and made blueberry muffins with it. I told my friends to eat only two. One of them ate 4 muffins! Needless to say..he passed out cold on my couch with a permanent grin on his face and didn't move for 9 hours. The next morning, he called into work and stayed in bed all day. LOL! My other two friends actually puked from eating too much and felt like they were tripping on acid!

S

Snafu

"Cheesecake lady" does a good job but they don't consitantly, or even at all, test and as a result the listed strength is all over the place and inconsistant.

Tex

i am fairly sure they have implemented some new things, i have been getting cheese cakes and chocolates from her for the last 6 or 7 months and they all have been very consistent and the only edibles in the state that i havent had to eat 2 or 3 of to get some relief!

but that said i am never opposed to finding new good products, so if you have a place you like or a group that makes edibles that you recommend let me know and i will be sure to try them as I am just one guy and cant get to everyplace to try the edibles, but i can try right? :)

i would love to try one of your super strength edibles as they sounds like something that could be helpful to my pain!

i am a big guy with a super duper tolerance, so i am always looking for quality products to check out and if i can add something to my regulars list of people i get meds from i would be more then happy!

and any place you recommend i wouldnt have any issues letting them know you referred me as well!

be well and medicated or just well medicated :)

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I met her a couple of times and I love that crazy lady...from what I was told, she is the reason that the infused products rules are even in 1284, she got it done for sure..great to here they are gettin more consitantly tested, that only helps everyone in the game...

Very Best Medicine - Denver
Boulder Kush - Boulder
Herbs Medicinal - Berthoud
A Cut Above - Denver
A Cut Above - Colorado Springs
Altitude Organic Medicine - Colorado Springs (2 stores)
Medical Marijuana Connection - Colorado Springs
Natures Herbs and Wellness - Garden City
Alternative Medicine Capitol Hill -Denver

A few more that I have to go and remember..."Medi-snax" is all good stuff and from the feedback it looks like we are headin in the right direction....most have the edibles, oil and tictures available. I am workin n a few higher strength tinctures, topical ointment, and capsules that should be sellar. All is made with the oil as the medicinal content.

We test every batch and do not put the specfic cannabinoid content on the packaging until we recive the results back from the testing lab.

Knock back an extra strength or two and you'll feel it I am sure...I gotta lotta big guys around that it works on nicely..

Tex

C

CheebaChews

Texas Kid- Who are you guys working under? or did you get your own kitchen in denver? Reason Im asking is because with all of $$$ going out for licensing, kitchen, Or if your working under someone with all the the extra hands in the pot for %'s. You seem to only be in a few dispensaries?

Whats limiting you? trim? people? time? ovens?
pm me if you dont want to talk about in the forum. if I can get pms yet.

S

Snafu

thanks tex, any chance you might be interested in kicking down a sample or two? I have 5 or 6 dispensary owners that i know that are always looking for the best in medibles!

or even just a few i can buy and catch a meeting with some awesome people in the scene!

and we as medical cannabis users owe alot to the twirling hippy!!! She was the first state registered caregiver and has pushed the laws concerning edibles and extracts through with limited hold back! if you look at the law that is the biggest area that has the least regulation so to speak! and her and trisian are both top notch people in my book!!!

drop me a PM tex and thanks for the references, I will be in the springs today and i might stop into either a cut above or altitude :)

be well and medicated or just well medicated !!!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I have my own kitchen in Denver, offsite cultivation, and processing facility so I am not really under any specific despensary, I deal with them all.

We add locations every day but there are alot of new players, old players gone, and still alot of people play liscensing games that I just can't trust to biz with yet. We are small group of folks so it just takes up time to beat the bush and get the product out there as fast as we would like. When you look at spending an hour or so at each place getting them up to speed. When I hit the springs I literally could only call on 3 people in an 8 hour day, it just takes time.

Samps are no problem, give me a shout

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
We don't use trim to make our oil....I grow complete rooms specifically for oil production and we schwap out the entire plant (less the stalks/stems/rootmass) and process it.. That is the only way I can get the thc concentrations and quality that I need, pure trim doesn't cut it at all, not even worth processing IMO.

Cloud 9 in Garden City is setup now..

Tex

Sshfan

Sshfan

Tex,

It sounds like you have the right idea and I wish you success in your new business. I don't go to mmc anymore but hopefully I will run into one of you edibles out there somewhere. I have yet to have any edibles do anything but make me angry so far.

O

Octopus Sun

"Cheesecake lady" does a good job but they don't consitantly, or even at all, test and as a result the listed strength is all over the place and inconsistant.

Tex

Have to agree since she first appeared in 2003 on the road selling her junk at show across the US, her stuff has been crappy constantly, and when she does add cannabis it's fan leaf, self confessed.
I wouldn't touch that wook's food ever. Once cautios, twice suspicious, third time She sucks.
First caregiver in CO, give me a break, not even, there were hundreds of Patient/Caregiversbefore she appeared on the CO Music and MMJ scene to rip people off with her BS crap.

S

Snafu

Have to agree since she first appeared in 2003 on the road selling her junk at show across the US, her stuff has been crappy constantly, and when she does add cannabis it's fan leaf, self confessed.
I wouldn't touch that wook's food ever. Once cautios, twice suspicious, third time She sucks.
First caregiver in CO, give me a break, not even, there were hundreds of Patient/Caregiversbefore she appeared on the CO Music and MMJ scene to rip people off with her BS crap.

dont like her then dont bother with putting her down and first caregiver licensed with the state is a truth whether you want to admit it or not! just be thankful she pushed so damn hard for extracts and edibles because if it werent for her and her foot work would might not have any thing in that area!

but again dont like her then pass on saying anything! i mean what are you doing that is better? and have you help make any laws that are best for the patient? if not shut your open mouth and open your close mind!

S

SenseOfHealing

Texas Kid, Love your Edibles and your Oils.

We have your oils in our shop right now and my wife and I enjoy it every evening.

I think that it is great that you guys batch test with FSL and you guys turned us on to FSL. We now get out CannaButter tested and it was a shocker for sure that we were using too much. It is much nicer to now dose out each edible and know the dosage and not guess.

See ya soon!

Brett and Stephen
Sense of Healing

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Texas Kid, Love your Edibles and your Oils.

We have your oils in our shop right now and my wife and I enjoy it every evening.

I think that it is great that you guys batch test with FSL and you guys turned us on to FSL. We now get out CannaButter tested and it was a shocker for sure that we were using too much. It is much nicer to now dose out each edible and know the dosage and not guess.

See ya soon!

Brett and Stephen
Sense of Healing

Many thanks my friends, we are in this together, gettin meds out there that actually work that is...

I got something else for you guys, I will holler tomorrow

Tex

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Tex

I've never had her meds, but I have met the lady numerous times this last year.

She was very instrumental in getting the HB10-1284 infused products 'category' into the right shape. Some of the language she wrote for a draft of the law actaully got into the final draft.

Regardless, Infused Product manufactures most definitely got the best deal out of HB1284. And, of course the ones who got screwed the most was the 'mom & pop' level ppl's... And even more sadly, it is believed that eventually all through the USA the 'mom & pops' will be squeezed out of this system...

Dorje

Dorje

And even more sadly, it is believed that eventually all through the USA the 'mom & pops' will be squeezed out of this system...

It's true, but it's not just mmj... the fact is it takes a ton of cash to do most anything, and for that reason you cannot always have small enterprises.

I used to grow oyster mushrooms for 2 summers in the mid '90's on a small scale, a local farmer let us use a portion of one of his outbuildings to try it out. Well, it worked and had the potential to be profitable... but after researching what it would take to setup a "real" commercial venture, I said fuck it. I didn't have enough money to set up the size facility we would need to cover costs involved with setting up. I would have needed 4-5 employees and several delivery trucks right from the start.

Today, mmj is the same. If you want to do it, the expenses involved do not allow a "mom-and-pop" sized operation. Most will spend over $100k setting up even a smallish grow for a dispensary, combined with the retail location you're looking at a sizeable investment needed to get your foot in the door... and because of this a mmj grow can't be small. We ended up paying over $12,000 just to get a building permit after the architect, engineers, and city fees got paid for a tiny fucking warehouse. This does not include ANY buisness licensing, state and local will be another $10k+ easy. So, before you even spend a dime on rent, equipment, etc. you need $25 grand just to cover licensing and permitting...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Question......

There is a rumor/rule that if you sell edibles in the city of Denver, they have to be produced in a Denver liscensed kitchen or by a Denver based infused products manufaturer.

All the despensary owners/managers and infused products manufacturers have been made to believe this is true and the law of the land in Denver. As it is now, if you do not have a Denver based infused products manufacturer liscence (which incedintally doesn't exist, all infused products permits right now are listed as meat processing or meat transport I believe) you can not even approach them to sell your product. We even moved our entire operation to Denver based on this assertion by the industry as a whole...

The kicker......no law exist!! no ordinance exist!! there is absolutely no enforcement what so ever of this made up requirement...the city attorney that is specifically responsible for this industry in Denver has never heard of such a thing in any form and thought it sounded rediculus...how could we even do that I think he said...Denver health department, same story, no rules exist on the subject and because the edibles where specifically exempted from normal FDA and food handleing oversight they have absolutely nothing to do with it.....

How many people out there moved or are part of kitchens in Denver just because of this information? i can think of alot right off the top of my head...what a waste of time and money...

If any of you know where the actual law/rule/ordinance is written please post it up or tell of any circumstance where you were officially challenged or told by the city that you had to Denver produced edible products in order to be in compliance, if so what department and who was it?

At first glance it looks like everyone reacted to a rumor and ran with it, probably an edibles manufacturer that was already in Denver and wanted to create fear in order to have an unfair advantage....for a bit.

Tex

R

RMCG

I don't think it said 'Denver Based', but the language stated that it needed to be a dedicated kitchen, separate from the grow area, that was used SOLELY for medible production.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That is the state position but this is something that has been circulating around Denver proper for about 6 or 8 months now...the state doesn't care one way or the other and as far as Denver goes they do not even care if its from a certified kitchen outside of Denver as long as your specific municipality signs off on it as a MMJ business.

That is one of the reasons that edibles selection in Denver despensaries has gotten down to just a few of us, not that I mind but I think we all got dooped..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
My Denver mmj edibles liscense is listed as " Food-wholesale-meats"

Go figure...lol

Tex

Top Bottom