• Tagged users None
T

TyKaycha

I think TK does extractions.
My favorite edibles have been True Grits
Only edibles ever to knock me the F* out

Trend

Trend

Yea I hit up tk...No reply though. Where to find these true grits??

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I am definately in the edibles game and trying to take it by storm..

Medi-snax is my line and Medi-Tinc line as well the oil.

Very Best Medicine - Denver
Altitude Organic Medicine South - Denver
Alternative Medicine of Capitol Hill - Denver
Medical Marijuana Connection - Springs
Boulder Kush - Boulder

I should be in all the Denver Canna Club group of 15 stores here in the next week also. Now that the dust has settled on the liscence process i will be out there beating the bush and gettin them out there. If your favorite despensary doesn't have my product but has interest tell them to give me a shout.

We are also thinkin of doin an "edibles only" despensary in the near future, no flowers, but everything else under the sun.

I will try and keep an updated list of outlets goin somewhere.

Tex

Dorje

Dorje

I recently tried a peanut butter cake from Tastee Yummies, it was really good. Wasn't totally knock-you-out, it was strong but had a good quality high, more balanced than most edibles.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I just finished up some oatmeal cookies. They were a big hit. I put some powerful herbs in there and it showed. gonna be doing more soon. I'd love to try some of your stuff TK.

The edibles only with gormet coffee is my wifes dream shop. We'd love to visit if you get things going. Hope things are going well for you.

fred

Tripsick

Tripsick

I am definately in the edibles game and trying to take it by storm..

Medi-snax is my line and Medi-Tinc line as well the oil.

Very Best Medicine - Denver
Altitude Organic Medicine South - Denver
Alternative Medicine of Capitol Hill - Denver
Medical Marijuana Connection - Springs
Boulder Kush - Boulder

I should be in all the Denver Canna Club group of 15 stores here in the next week also. Now that the dust has settled on the liscence process i will be out there beating the bush and gettin them out there. If your favorite despensary doesn't have my product but has interest tell them to give me a shout.

We are also thinkin of doin an "edibles only" despensary in the near future, no flowers, but everything else under the sun.

I will try and keep an updated list of outlets goin somewhere.

Tex

Awesome ill have to swing by Alternative Medicine of Capitol Hill and see if i can find some of your edibles

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Tuesday I drop off a new order to Herbs Madicinals in Berthoud and they stock all my stuff most of the time.

Tex

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Sounds like C2 needs to start carrying your stuff TK. I'll be in touch.

C2 logo
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Big up RMB!! I will give ya a shout first part of the week.

Colorado is the center of the MMJ universe!!

Tex

sky high

sky high

Sadly, there is no free lunch in this universe. It's like a balloon. Push on one side and it bulges on the other. All of this big boy posturing is causing the average patient (using this as medicine, not as a way to make money) to take it up the ass and that just ain't right.

The trend shaping up here is bad for everyone...especially those folks just wanting to grow their own meds/help a few others stay out of the high priced retail shops.

The average patient shouldn't have to hire an attorney to litigate their rights but this is what it is coming to!

wot a mess. Fuckin Greedy bastards.

Aurorans react to rise of pot-grow homes

By SARA CASTELLANOS
The Aurora Sentinel
Sunday, August 22, 2010 6:24 AM MDT

AURORA | Fluorescent lights glow all night long in the house next door to Tracy Smith, accompanied by loud fans. At first, she couldn’t figure out what they were being used for, but then the musky smell of marijuana tipped her off.

Smith, who didn’t want her real name published in the newspaper because she is fearful of backlash from her neighbors, has been living next to a medical marijuana home grow operation in Aurora for several months.

And she wants the growers out.

“Everyone knows what’s going on, and people are really unhappy,” Smith said. “They do not want this in the neighborhood. No one wants them here.”

Smith and several other Aurora residents say they are opposed to medical marijuana grow houses in their neighborhoods, while city officials are currently determining which regulations, if any, need to be implemented to govern them.

The Colorado Legislature passed a law this year that allows “caregivers” to grow six marijuana plants and serve up to five patients. Lawyers are adamant that municipalities and residents follow the law’s directives. But the law does not specify how many square feet is required for a home grow operation, or what safety precautions must be adopted.

Smith says she shouldn’t be forced to accept a medical marijuana grow house next door, especially when she considers the potential safety hazards that could occur.

The amount of electricity needed to operate a grow house frightens her. She said she was told by Aurora police officers that if the grow house caught on fire, it would take her house down with it.

“They should not be growing in residential areas,” Smith said. “They should be in an industrial area. They don’t belong in a neighborhood *— they don’t even belong in a business district.”

What really irks her is that her neighbors bought the house specifically for a medical marijuana grow.

“You buy a house in a low-income neighborhood just so you can use us?” she said. “That’s what makes me more mad than anything is that someone with money comes in and takes advantage of our neighborhood.”

If she does have to continue living next to a grow house, she says city officials must enact regulations — and fast. She rattled off a list of her own proposed regulations: people who want to grow medical marijuana in their homes should first consult with the neighborhood; they should be required to undergo periodic code inspections; they should have additional homeowners’ insurance, a security system and regular health and safety inspections.

At an Aurora City Council Neighborhood Services Committee meeting in July, city officials began tackling the prospects of regulating the residential growing of medical marijuana — the first in a series of discussions slated to occur monthly through November. Other cities in Colorado are proposing zoning ordinances for home grow operations as well. Denver city officials are currently contemplating an ordinance that would limit the number of marijuana plants that caregivers could grow in their homes to 12.

Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said at the meeting that the city’s police officers have identified 63 locations where medical marijuana was being grown in a residential home in Aurora as of July 1. That’s up from the 54 grows that were reported in early June, and the total number of home grows increased by 217 percent in the past six months, he said.

Since home grow operations have proliferated, Oates said his narcotics unit has devoted 40 percent of its time to identifying them and determining whether they are legitimate.

The city’s building code representatives often accompany police officers to investigate the grow houses as well. Hundreds of building code violations have been cited at the grow house operations across the city, with most of them being electrical violations, said Scott Berg, chief building official.

“The main area has been electrical code violations because (the grow houses) require lights and ventilations, air filtration, things like that,” he said. “There are also mechanical and plumbing violations, but electrical violations are what we’re seeing most often.”

Officials from marijuana advocacy groups maintain that the safety hazards associated with growing medical marijuana in a home are slim.

“There’s a level of misunderstanding about the perceived dangers of this plant,” said Brian Vicente, a lawyer and the executive director of the nonprofit medical marijuana advocacy group Sensible Colorado. “There’s no possibility of overdose, it does not commonly lead to electrical fires, and it’s being used in a legitimate fashion.”

In addition to worrying about electrical hazards, some Homeowners Association presidents are also concerned about the potential for theft and burglary.

Since caregivers usually deal in cash, the home grow operation could be the target of criminal activity, said Duane Senn, president of the Laredo Highline HOA.

“We are absolutely opposed to home grown marijuana operations,” he said. “The system is setting them up to be targets, and the neighborhoods they’re in to be targets. If it’s really medical marijuana, we believe it should be sold at a pharmacy.”

Vicente says Homeowners Associations should be “hands-off” on the issue.

“(They) need to keep in mind that we’re talking about people’s medicine,” he said. “In the same way we wouldn’t ban someone from having heart medicine at their home, they should do the same for medical marijuana.”

Officials from the city’s newly created Medical Marijuana Task Force will convene at a Neighborhood Services Committee meeting Aug. 19 to discuss the potential safety risks of medical marijuana home grow operations.

A report detailing what kinds of chemical waste products are being flushed down the city’s water system as a result of the home grow operations is expected to be given to committee members at the meeting.

At the meeting, city officials are also expected to clarify whether using a house solely for medical marijuana grows is legal.

Nadine Caldwell, president of the Northwest Aurora Neighborhood Organization says using a house for anything other than living shouldn’t be allowed.

“You know there’s something wrong with this when you can take a residence and turn it into a commercial building,” she said. “I hope we don’t have any in our neighborhood.”

R

RMCG

"Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said at the meeting that the city’s police officers have identified 63 locations where medical marijuana was being grown in a residential home in Aurora as of July 1. That’s up from the 54 grows that were reported in early June, and the total number of home grows increased by 217 percent in the past six months, he said.

Since home grow operations have proliferated, Oates said his narcotics unit has devoted 40 percent of its time to identifying them and determining whether they are legitimate."

Hmmm...

Something is fishy here.
PRIOR to AM 20, I am betting they couldn't ID one (if they could, they took it down). How did they suddenly know of 54 - 63 grow ops?

Not like you fly a flag in the yard or something.

Xcel? Watching the Big Tomato again?

It doesn't add up.

Tripsick

Tripsick

Hmm maybe they are looking at all the caregiver info... you know so they can make it easy for patients / LEO to find out who is a caregiver in your area.

Xcel... im sure they made a lot of money over the last few months with their increases Summer Rates..

R

RMCG

Hmm maybe they are looking at all the caregiver info... you know so they can make it easy for patients / LEO to find out who is a caregiver in your area.

Xcel... im sure they made a lot of money over the last few months with their increases Summer Rates..

Did they open up the registry for requests like that? I thought it was still only on an 'as needed' basis, not trolling through it to determine 'who' is growing.

SH posted up a link to a 120 plant bust in Pueblo. It stated in the news report that it was raided 'due to high electricity use.'
Typically they need something else first, then they go look at utility records. Not a terribly accurate 'report' as details were sparse.

Top Bottom