Edibles in denver

• Thread starter Trend
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

That whole thing was sort of squirrelly. They didn't have 1/10th of the 'infrastructure' that they 'regulated' in as a requirement prior to making it law.

MMJ Jerky - Ugh.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
LOLOL I have had a few request already for medicated jerky, one despensary owner says he couldn't keep it on the shelve when he had it on hand..

Muffins, ribeyes, and porterhouse...lol

Tex

R

RMCG

Jeez. Take the two most expensive products and combine them.

MMJ Jerky would go for ~8k/lb.

Hell, sprinkle on some saffron pistils and make it an even 10k/lb.

D

dman16

texas kid what is your edible brand and where in boulder can i get some. always disappointed with edibles around here with my extremely high tolerance. pm me if its against TOU or w/e

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Boulder Kush has Medisnax..

Natures Medicine in Longmont and Boulder have Medisnax products now

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Gotta give props to Gritty, after being out and about alot lately everyone out there loved your stuff, not a foul report anywhere..

Big up True Grit!!

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I talked with the Environmental Department of Denver yesterday and that is where the "rule" came from on cooking in Denver.

Their position is Denver is the only district that inspects MMJ infused kitchens so for now any product sold in Denver must be cooked in Denver.

If any of the other municipalities get on board with inspections then that could change. For now and the near future kitchens must be in Denver.

Tex

R

RMCG

Except its a state law, not municipal code...

That would be like Denver having the only drivers licensing facility and the only one with a police force, so you can only drive in CO if you got your license from them and only drove in Denver because that is the only place 'rules' were enforceable.

They make the citizens jump through hoops to meet a rapid deadline, yet they themselves are not ready to deal with it. Not that I am surprised...

Fire, Ready, Aim!

sky high

sky high

My take...FWIW....

State law, yes....but cities/towns/counties in Colorado were given "local licensing authority" through 1284, so Denver has every right to enact such rules/ordinances if they so choose.

In a driving scenario (and merely an example).....while State law may allow "right turn on red", Denver or any other city/town who feels such a turn is dangerous/unneccessary could enact a citywide code prohibiting "right turn on red" and still not violate any State driving laws.

This is all about tax dollars. Denver wants theirs!

s h

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Every department from top to bottom wants their cut of the green rush....lol

If other municipalities would inspect their MMJ kitchens Denver will probably relax the rule a bit.

Tex

R

RMCG

Except the powers granted to them to 'regulate commerce', i.e. 'keep it regular, intra and inter state'. They did the exact opposite here and are forcing 'coop-etition' upon other municipalities.

And as far as every dept. wanting their cut, from here on out, Anyone popped federally that is paid up on their taxes, licenses, permits, etc. needs to name the State of CO/DOR as a co-defendant...

C

CheebaChews

I talked with the Environmental Department of Denver yesterday and that is where the "rule" came from on cooking in Denver.

Their position is Denver is the only district that inspects MMJ infused kitchens so for now any product sold in Denver must be cooked in Denver.

If any of the other municipalities get on board with inspections then that could change. For now and the near future kitchens must be in Denver.

Tex

You got it......Department of Environmental Health is the people you need to talk to. Ive talked to their inspectors many times, & they are enforcing it. If a MMC cant show the product is made in denver with the correct paperwork, the inspector will make them get rid of the product.

Good news is Denver said they would accept other cities licensed/inspected kitchens products no problem. They arent trying ban other cities edibles, instead they feel like they are taking steps to ensure safe products are on the shelves for patients.

Bad news is Denver is the only city doing inspections/licensing MMJ kitchens.....So the other cities have to step up.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Big up Cheeba Chews!!! I see ya guys stuff around, nice pressence in the game

Tex

K

kuz

Thats weird, if you have an edibles license you are in a commercially licensed kitchen which means you have passed a health inspection. What else do they want?

E

edux10

i like the idea of the licensed kitchens. At least they cannot bitch about that point.

I have seen some pretty sloppy looking food out here in CA, kinda wonder where it came from....

I

ilovecannabis36

Yeah Ty they are being called "death treats" now lol....guess the potency is up there...we are taking that oil concentrate to other edibles now. I dont have a kitchen or license, so no sales for me. Just making meds for myself and patients as intended and expanding on what im making for us. Still can't taste shit and most people only need a quarter or so to get messed up. Thinking savory items will be killer...working on EVOO and pestos/infusions....

ive lateley been looken for some edibles that actualy work ive tryed everythning from hash oil pills nothing has worked id be willing to buy some from you if there strong and legit

Top Bottom