Ethos "Cookies" - a limited edition release

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

"Ethos Cookies (Hybrid), is a cross between Mandarin Cookies #17 x Colin OG #1. This strain offers an energetic, creative, euphoric but relaxing high and helps with pain, anxiety and depression. Cinnamon, hops and orange notes make this one a no-brainer for your weekend smoke session. THC : 25-30% with 1% CBD. Terpene Profile: caryophyllene, humulene, liomene. Bred by Ethos Genetics."

So, day 26 in flowering after a 1 month veg period. 24 plants under 2000 watts HPS. 5 gallon pots with pro-mix, lime and extra perlite. Botanicare Pure Blend Pro nutes.

Ethos cookies   a limited edition release

Dbear180

Dbear180

I ran the mandarin dreams & it had a nice skunky grapefruit nose on it, taste pretty much the same. Stone was not quite what I was looking for but it was good daytime smoke.

sshz

sshz

If you do your homework, you'll find Mandarin Cookies is the one Ethos strain with the best grow reports, over and over.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've only run one of their strains, forbidden zkittlez regs, but I have to say based on it I wont be buying ethos again. Absolutely all over the map wild variation, and mediocre smoke.

sshz

sshz

Yup......you have to do your research and find the better ones. Their Chem OG and Zsweet Inzanity were very good strains.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah I dont know about that man. Some variation is to be expected, But when I'm paying $130 Cdn for 6-10 seeds I expect them to be at least somewhat homozygous and stable. What sprouted from my seeds was evidence of seriously unstable breeding. Fine for a pheno hunter rummaging through 10 packs of seeds looking for that one keeper, but entirely false advertising to suggest one pack of seeds will produce anything close to what was described. It's a rampant problem with seed "breeders", not just ethos.
But they're on my "do not buy from" list at this point, along with 3/4 of all the newer breeders I try. Too many seed companies are half assing it out there for a quick buck these days.

Honestly if they arent careful there is potential to seriously do long term damage to the cannabis gene pool the way some of these breeders operate.

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

Yeah I dont know about that man. Some variation is to be expected, But when I'm paying $130 Cdn for 6-10 seeds I expect them to be at least somewhat homozygous and stable. What sprouted from my seeds was evidence of seriously unstable breeding. Fine for a pheno hunter rummaging through 10 packs of seeds looking for that one keeper, but entirely false advertising to suggest one pack of seeds will produce anything close to what was described. It's a rampant problem with seed "breeders", not just ethos.
But they're on my "do not buy from" list at this point, along with 3/4 of all the newer breeders I try. Too many seed companies are half assing it out there for a quick buck these days.

Honestly if they arent careful there is potential to seriously do long term damage to the cannabis gene pool the way some of these breeders operate.
On a very sad and serious note, a lot of today's cannabis "breeders" have no care for the future of the cannabis gene pool. Very few people actually work to stabilize a line and people are throwing f1 on everything that is actually a polyhybrid. I don't really knock it too much, but just be honest with your customers about what it is actually. As with most commodities, people vote with their wallets and it truly seems that the majority of seed buyers are begging to be charged exorbinant prices for catchy names slapped on polyhybrids. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
On a very sad and serious note, a lot of today's cannabis "breeders" have no care for the future of the cannabis gene pool. Very few people actually work to stabilize a line and people are throwing f1 on everything that is actually a polyhybrid. I don't really knock it too much, but just be honest with your customers about what it is actually. As with most commodities, people vote with their wallets and it truly seems that the majority of seed buyers are begging to be charged exorbinant prices for catchy names slapped on polyhybrids. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

I blame instagram lol.

For real though it's annoying. And it's going to end up polluting the gene pool with recessive gene expressions all over the place.

To highlight someone doing things right I'd like to give props to Dragons Flame Genetics. That dude takes his parent breeding stock out to like F9 and produces stable varieties before breeding with them. My buddy turned me on to him. And his seeds were like $60 for 12. That is how it's done folks.

sshz

sshz

Click on my profile picture..........I think everything that shows up is an Ethos strain. I think you'll be impressed. I already told you what I thought were two very nice strains, 2 strains that sucked were Apex and Member Berry.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Click on my profile picture..........I think everything that shows up is an Ethos strain. I think you'll be impressed. I already told you what I thought were two very nice strains, 2 strains that sucked were Apex and Member Berry.
Ethos is a huge gamble period. Could care less about pretty pictures that dont mean shit really, IG is full of pretty pics and 90% of them pics produce b grade meds at best......

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
How many Strains has Ethos bred to stabilize to at least f3-f4 lines???

sshz

sshz

Few if any I'm guessing............I grow them, I smoke them and I either like them or not. Some have been very stable and uniform, others the opposite direction. Don't like them, don't buy them. That's easy enough..........I actually grow for yield first, and many of their strains produce high volumes.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I grew an Ethos Mandarin Sunset that is somewhat famous for herming. This one did not, and I pollinated a branch with Crockett Strawberry Fields pollen. All went fine until I put my own cross into flower..Then it began throwing naners like crazy.
After a week of pinching them off..they stopped just before I was ready to call it quits.. The original had a great orange nose, but was not really potent. The cross was a different matter, (great nose and strong!) so I guess the Crockett genetics were superior (same grow conditions).

sshz

sshz

Yup, the Mandarin Sunset is well known to throw off nanners.......time and again, review after review shows the Ethos Mandarin Cookies is their most popular strain. With that, I don't think a single strain I've grown of Ethos has hit their posted THC levels. When deciding which of theirs I will do, I always head towards the heavy yielders- that way, if it's not very strong- at least I will have a good yield. This is my 7th or 8th strain and only 2 were very disappointing- Apex and Member Berry. The rest were good or better.

So, I expect to go around 9 1/2 weeks on these- 36 more days give or take 1-2 days. Overall though, a VERY healthy grow top to bottom. PPSo, I expect to go around 9 1/2 weeks on these- 36 more days give or take 1-2 days. Over all though, a VERY healthy grow top to bottomer. PPM levels have been around 850 max and I've been able to reduce the Cal/Mag to around 7-8ml. The room remains nicely cool, due to outside temps. Watering every other day with nutes.

I'm going to do Archive Seed's "Light Speed" next. Archive has an excellent reputation, I thought I'd give them a chance. Expensive seeds though, even more than Ethos beans. The expected weight is medium to high, so I'll give these a 40 day veg period, and will top/pinch numerous times to increase bud sites.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Here's my szweet. This pheno was pretty greasy, scissors didn't gunk up like the other phenos. Citrus nose & taste. Heady sativa high on the front but still a really good body stone after. I'm chillin out here in the sun baked as a cake 👌
20200131 120542

Dbear180

Dbear180

I miss that strain.....it I was to do a do-over, I think i'd do their Chem OG 1st, and the Z.I. next.

Here's a pic of Z.I.......

View attachment 936211View attachment 936211

Mine was pretty similar looking... man idk what it is, everyone bags on Ethos but I literally have nothing bad to say about em. I mean there is some variation in phenotype with dif strains but what does everyone expect? cookie cutter buds?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I've only run one of their strains, forbidden zkittlez regs, but I have to say based on it I wont be buying ethos again. Absolutely all over the map wild variation, and mediocre smoke.
I wouldn’t either. Any breeder who has that many strains doesn’t give a shit.
Most ofthe etho strains I’ve grown best characteristics are it’s looks. Big pretty shiny buds that I never reach to smoke.
As beautiful as the manderine cookies are I just don’t want to smoke it. But it will do 3 lb.s a 4x4 tray so I keep it around because buyers only care about looks these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom