Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@sshz Sure its not temperature at the leaves or root zone causing the slower growth? Everyone says its the biggest factor with led compared to hps. This cold winter is sure affecting my stuff. I had to make some adjustments to trap more heat i have never had to before.
This could be significant... not sure what they at now.

sshz

sshz

I‘m still able to zero in the temps to 80-81 degrees by running the exhaust at a slower speed, so that hasn’t been a problem. It wasn’t a problem last grow either, nor was it very cold out. I’m very confident, at this point, the Exhale bags made a difference. Floor temps don't really change much either, as it’s a cement slab and stays cool all the time, even in the summer.

Regarding the grandchild, even at 7 weeks along we know it’s a girl. Her name will be Harper??? Don’t know why and didn’t ask. Didn’t Paul Newman play a private investigator named Harper in a movie? We still can’t tell anyone, as my daughter wants to wait til she‘s further along.

Hanging the Phresh filter tomorrow and not looking forward to it. It’s one of the few times I’ll ask the wife to help out. I thought it came with a pre-filter but nope so I’ll have to order one or find a replacement material.

6 more days and I’ll switch over to flowering and lower the LED’s to 20 inches......... I also rearranged the room tonight, short plants to the center and taller plants on the perimeter.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I‘m still able to zero in the temps to 80-81 degrees by running the exhaust at a slower speed, so that hasn’t been a problem. It wasn’t a problem last grow either, nor was it very cold out. I’m very confident, at this point, the Exhale bags made a difference. Floor temps don't really change much either, as it’s a cement slab and stays cool all the time, even in the summer.

Regarding the grandchild, even at 7 weeks along we know it’s a girl. Her name will be Harper??? Don’t know why and didn’t ask. Didn’t Paul Newman play a private investigator named Harper in a movie? We still can’t tell anyone, as my daughter wants to wait til she‘s further along.

Hanging the Phresh filter tomorrow and not looking forward to it. It’s one of the few times I’ll ask the wife to help out. I thought it came with a pre-filter but nope so I’ll have to order one or find a replacement material.

6 more days and I’ll switch over to flowering and lower the LED’s to 20 inches......... I also rearranged the room tonight, short plants to the center and taller plants on the perimeter.
Those cut to size furnace filters may do the trick... cheap and throw away. Probably double it up? I would call em and see if it was supposed to come with a pre filter... mine did.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did it come with hardware? Being lazy as I am I'm thinking if ya screw in some eye anchors and use some of those light ratchet straps you can just pull one rope at a time and work it up?

Idk running on fumes so maybe I'm just being an idiot lol.

Madmax

Madmax

My brother and his better half named there daughter Harper..beaut kid..takes after her uncle..😁

Why do you lower them sshz..this isnt to do with stretch is it..

sshz

sshz

The Phresh filter came with built in hooks to make it easier to hang, but nothing else. I’m about to start, wish me luck.

They LED’s are going to 20 inches since that’s where I’ve always placed them in flowering. I want to make sure the lights penetrate deep past the canopy and that’s where Gavita recommends them to be (well, 18 inches but that’s too close).

Anthem

Anthem

Sshz,
If you have a fabric store in the area, like Jo Anns they usually have material that is very similar to the pre filters. I have made out of that stuff before.

sshz

sshz

Yup, good idea.......... I’m off to the hardware store to buy some securing screws, the ones I have aren’t long enough. The hard stuff is done, as Mrs. SSHZ was a big help. I wanted to make it such that it would be easy to replace the filter when it was shot and I think I accomplished that. Plants are getting a little bigger, and the smell is definitely coming on.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The polyester batting prefilter is always stuck inside the filter in the phresh box. Weird if the bigger more expensive one doesnt have it.

sshz

sshz

Both sides of the room are starting to look great, I'm getting excited now after the slow start. The room was rearranged, they loved it.

IMG 1353

sshz

sshz

And the filter, all hooked up. Ace Hardware and Home Depot both do not carry 10" duct, I'd have to order it and wait 10-14 days for it to come. NOPE!

Found some nice stuff on Amazon for Tues delivery............

I'll probably get around to lowering it a few inches off the 2 X 4, my main goal today was to get it up securely, airtight and working properly. It will be ducted into the ceiling like the last exhaust system.

IMG 1352

Madmax

Madmax

And the filter, all hooked up. Ace Hardware and Home Depot both do not carry 10" duct, I'd have to order it and wait 10-14 days for it to come. NOPE!

Found some nice stuff on Amazon for Tues delivery............

I'll probably get around to lowering it a few inches off the 2 X 4, my main goal today was to get it up securely, airtight and working properly. It will be ducted into the ceiling like the last exhaust system.

View attachment 1094075
I reckon thats spot on.done a good job 👌

sshz

sshz

I also wanted to mention I'm up to 900 ppm with my fertilzation schedule now, them seem to be handling it very well. I've been adding the silica too, along with a bump up of cal/mag to retard some of the minor leaf crinkling.

The wife is also complaining about the early smell- the Phresh filter arrived just at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom