• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
They work ridiculously well mines over a year old and air out the duct smells phresh and clean still!
you just tape the fan to the filter to seal it?
I sunk the little screws in to keep it together and more level.

sshz

sshz

They work ridiculously well mines over a year old and air out the duct smells phresh and clean still!
you just tape the fan to the filter to seal it?
I sunk the little screws in to keep it together and more level.

that’s just not tape.......that’s the fuckin stickiest and toughest tape in the world. I got it on my finger and the wife had to cut it off, I couldn’t get it off. Lol

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Not so funny story about mounting one of those a couple years ago.
was drilling some through holes to secure the fan to the filter and ran the small drill bit right through my finger.😪
Had to kick the drill in reverse to get the bit out. I still cringe thinking about it. 😂

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I also wanted to mention I'm up to 900 ppm with my fertilzation schedule now, them seem to be handling it very well. I've been adding the silica too, along with a bump up of cal/mag to retard some of the minor leaf crinkling.

The wife is also complaining about the early smell- the Phresh filter arrived just at the right time.

Everyone ones room is different and everyone has a different experience with PPM, but for me personally in sunshine or even the VPW420 i'm using now I'm anywhere from 1000ppm to 1300ppm, that week or so before flower and to the end, anything under a 1000 and I can see the slow in growth and anything over the 1300ish maybe a bit more I see the negative effects. but I even find early on I'm 400-600 pretty quick.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Lol...... it better or there will be non stop complaining. We’re also having a lot of work done in the house and I’m tired of making spaghetti sauce from scratch (very smelly with all the garlic To hide the smell).

That filter and fan when run at half speed I bet will put not only a negative pressure in your room but probably your whole house, if you have any air leaks around doors or windows etc you'll find them when its cool outside lol

sshz

sshz

Everyone ones room is different and everyone has a different experience with PPM, but for me personally in sunshine or even the VPW420 i'm using now I'm anywhere from 1000ppm to 1300ppm, that week or so before flower and to the end, anything under a 1000 and I can see the slow in growth and anything over the 1300ish maybe a bit more I see the negative effects. but I even find early on I'm 400-600 pretty quick.

For me, it's all strain specific......... some can handle it, others can't. Sativa's tend to be more sensitive to higher ppm's.

sshz

sshz

MISSED ME!!!

Inked1613880689214 LI

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

For me, it's all strain specific......... some can handle it, others can't. Sativa's tend to be more sensitive to higher ppm's.
Yes without question, some strains don't like as much, for me the vast majority is 1000 to 1150/1200 I have a couple like going a bit higher to 1300 and I have 1 that likes to top out around 900

sshz

sshz

I'm more of a minimalist when I grow and keep things as low as I can to insure healthy growth. Too much fertilizer can lead to issues with your medium, among other things. So, I try to give them just enough and no more than that. You can always go higher if need be. Better safe than sorry........ but that's just me.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I'm more of a minimalist when I grow and keep things as low as I can to insure healthy growth. Too much fertilizer can lead to issues with your medium, among other things. So, I try to give them just enough and no more than that. You can always go higher if need be. Better safe than sorry........ but that's just me.

exactly, and that sweet spot is going to be different for everyone, I use well water too so thats a littler different as it includes 100ppm for that. like I said before I only feed what the plants need until next feeding, less is more when one is over feeding, but less isn't more when one is underfeeding, its that sweet spot in between. but your right over feeding isn't worth it, its just headaches.

sshz

sshz

After I remove the exhaust fan to move it to the Phresh filter, it left a hole in the ceiling, which was letting the room heat escape. Thus, I was having problems getting the room warmer than 75 degrees. so this morning I plugged the hole until I can get a piece of drywall, and the room jumped back up to 80 degrees within an hour. Just that 8 inch hole made a 5 degree difference.

Now the humidity is reading 75%, which means the Phresh filter won’t work correctly. So I’ll have to turn on the dehumidifier. I’m going to have to play with it all until I can even it all out.

sshz

sshz

Orange Gasm 2972 oz yield approx

Sweet Zombie 2890 oz yield approx

Candy Store ???

Averaging over 4 oz a plant, which is pretty amazing comsidering the overall height of all the plants has been between 2 and 2 1/2 ft. tall.

I also told the wife tonight to expect me to replace these LED's between my 10th and 12th grow with them- around 3 years, but no more, even though they should last around 5 years. By then, there should be plenty of improvements in the industry and these Gavita's should be outdated.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

This is a good picture to show my probe, on the left side at plant level- which is connected to a temperature/humidity meter. Every time I open the door, the meter is the first thing I check. It's right in front of me- and I make the necessary adjustments 10X a day to the exhaust and floor fans and dehumidifier. I think this is from the Zombie grow, as the Gasm buds were larger at this point.

Madmax

Madmax

B interesting what it would read directly under lights..i think you get a more accurate reading there. if i put mine to the side the centre would b hotter.but i spose your lights dont throw out that much heat.id like to see what your leaf temps would b in centre compared to where the probe is..i have the humidity probe to the side though..i could b wrong but thats how i see it...
For the gavita controller probe you make a little shield to put over the probe to i guess not give you a false reading when you hang it under light.i made one out of aluminium can ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom