Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Kyle.......no, I never used LED's before purchasing the Gavita's. I just used HPS for many, many years.

Cohi.......I've been meaning to buy a meter, just haven't gotten around to it. But it's just another tool I'm not sure I need. After so many years, I can just look at plants and tell if they are happy, if they need anything, etc...... Last thread, I could tell the leaves were getting too many photons and were reacting poorly to me lowering the lights from 20 inches to 18 inches so back up they went. I study each plant everyday, it's very helpful in noticing small changes that are going on.

Last edited:
Cohi

Cohi

First off, yes, I love the lights. Not one complaint other than me hitting my head on them 10X a day. I would buy them again in a minute, and wish I had done it sooner. I've made my money back many times over in just 2 grows.

I still own the Master Controller and adapters, they are just sitting 4 feet away from me. They enjoy watching TV as much as I do. I have not hooked them up because I do not see any value in using them. Maybe one day when I'm bored shitless, I'll hook it all up..........

I would think the dimming function is their main selling point, as you can dim and save some electricity instead of adjusting the lights. The electricity is pretty cheap in my state is about 7 cents per kWh, very cheap. I think there is also a on/off timer, temperature probes you keep at plant level, and some other functions but I'm home all the time and in the room constantly. To me they are just a toy, and surely not necessary. I have them up on Ebay, we'll see.

I just got a notice, my UV-B lights will be here on Tues....... I'm excited about getting them mounted before the room becomes unmanageable..
I agree, I could’ve saved that dough and ran them like you’re doing. Live an learn :)

sshz

sshz

And I'll say it once more....... If had 4 or more Gavita's, the idea of raising and lowering them would seem like a pain. That's when the Master Controller would be necessary. 1-2 lights, it's probably a waste of money.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

Kyle.......no, I never used LED's before purchasing the Gavita's. I just used HPS for many, many years.

Cohi.......I've been meaning to buy a meter, just haven't gotten around to it. But it's just another tool I'm not sure I need. After so many years, I can just look at plants and tell if they are happy, if they need anything, etc...... Last thread, I could tell the leaves were getting too many photons and were reacting poorly to me lowering the lights from 20 inches to 18 inches so back up they went. I study each plant everyday, it's very helpful in noticing small changes that are going on.
I also study my plants every day. I love it.

sshz

sshz

Looked at the Phresh Filter, it's a beast. And heavy as shit. I'm a bit worried about hanging it from the ceiling. Would it affect it's efficiency if it wasn't hung, but on the floor like a scubber but still venting out above?????? There's excellent circulation in the room with that monster floor fan blowing things around. Any other suggestions? I guess I could drill into the wooden beams above the ceiling and attach screw hooks that way but it's a two man job for sure ( doubt the wife would be much help with this one).

Porky1982

Porky1982

No. I still stand with it. I did agree but I think grower error has a lot to do with it. Nothing to argue about though. Happy grows.
So when ya have different strains and one hermies and the rest are totally fine that grower error is it??
Clearly you haven’t grown many plants with your comments.

Porky1982

Porky1982

Bummer about ya beebop seeds mate I was looking forward to seeing how they went for you.
Oh well this should be a good one anyway. 👍👍

Madmax

Madmax

Haaa.i was going to mention that earlier ,use 2 ratchet straps to pull it up..i pretty much done what you mentioned.i screwed 2 boards to ceiling long enough to attach extraction fan and 4 hooks for ratchet straps .the boards give the filter a little room to instead of being hard up on the ceiling..all your hot airs above plants getting rid of the heat and smell.it will just suck your cool air out and pull hot air down towards plants on floor..i got a pic of my setup somewhere..pine boards used were bout inch thick by 60- 70mm wide
20201021 183222

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I have some ideas....... I guess my question is it more efficient to have it high in the room or mid way in the room? Temps are even all around the room as the fan blowing makes it all even.........

Madmax

Madmax

If your ceiling beams are say 45-50cm apart you could just use hooks straight into them for the ratchet straps to pull it up.

Just reread your post ..you mentioned screwing into beams...im off to spec savers

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Looked at the Phresh Filter, it's a beast. And heavy as shit. I'm a bit worried about hanging it from the ceiling. Would it affect it's efficiency if it wasn't hung, but on the floor like a scubber but still venting out above?????? There's excellent circulation in the room with that monster floor fan blowing things around. Any other suggestions? I guess I could drill into the wooden beams above the ceiling and attach screw hooks that way but it's a two man job for sure ( doubt the wife would be much help with this one).
What does it weigh?

sshz

sshz

All told I'm thinking around 50 lbs or so........ where's you exhaust fan???

And is that in your grow room or just outside it?

Madmax

Madmax

The phresh hyper is blue thing you see with grey duct tape sealing to filter.the fan fits snuggly inside the filters opening..
Its inside grow room

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Most do it high up for removing warm air and co2 heavier but that doesn't matter if you have good circulation. Plus usually intake is low down and exhaust high to prevent the incoming air being exhausted. You want intake and exhaust as far from eachother as possible to give the air a chance to mix well but if ya have good mixing then I would say no issue.

sshz

sshz

Bingo! I may attach it to a side wall as I don’t have a lot of room high up for the fan and 2 foot filter. I can always try it on the wall and if it doesn’t work well, move it to the ceiling.

Kylesidious

Kylesidious

What have been the benefits of LED and losses that you've seen after making the switch to LED? And what keeps you not switching back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom