Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

No ones jabbing me lol..
Images 23

sshz

sshz

Smell Control.........so I just set the new 6 inch fan and filter in the room on a stool yesterday. I still smell it thru the house. Time for more drastic measures, the wife is non-relenting.

I'm going to have a whole house air scrubber installed that attaches to my basement HVAC. Here's a video of the exact unit.

It's the one my HVAC company sells and it gets good reviews. I have two HVAC systems in the house- one for the top floor where the bedrooms are and a larger one in the basement for the 2 lower floors. This unit attaches to the ductwork in the basement, where the grow room is. It'll probably be $800-$900. The wife wants it right now, but I want to wait til this crop is done- the less people in the house, the better. The ozone should make some difference.

And secondly, I'm adding another 6 inch fan and Phresh filter, so I'll put one at each end of the room and the large exhaust fan will stay in the back wall center. If these two things don't take care of the problem, I give up.

Lastly, just did another night visit to the room. The taller side of the room, the one I don't show often- actually looks better than the short side. Today I spread the room out further, as the plants looked really cramped to me. I tend to keep the plants perimeter well inside the LED's. Today I took them to the outer most edges of it. But I have a secret. The reason I don't show the left side much is because I had another plant go sour. Just one. Just like in the last crop of Sweet Zombie.

She's doing ok, she's budding like the rest of her sisters- just yellow top to bottom. Can't get her to green up. It seemed to start when I introduced the silica. I've actually stopped using it. I flushed her out a while ago. I'm convinced either the Pure Blend Pro or Cal/Mag has silica in there somewhere (or maybe Promix and lime)- and I'm just over dosing the plants when I use it. Just like in the past but not severe as I ended it quickly. Never again.........but I want to figure it out.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Here is something writen by PureCrop1......... I'd actually start a bit lower than their recommended rates for all applications, while checking on the plants reaction. With no issues, you can raise it to recommended rate. Per PureCop1:

"The optimal dilution rate for 'Root Zone' treatment of pests or soil pathogens is 1/2-oz per gallon. This dilution rate is best for all aspects of rhizosphere application, chelation, and soil pest control. The maximum rate for soil pest control is 1-oz if 1/2-oz doesn't do it.

For 'Soil Drench' dilution rates, 1/4-oz per gallon is great for the chelation of nutrients and can be used every watering for biostimulant effects and pest resistance. Shifting down the dilution rate to 1/4-oz per gallon will also be cost-effective.

PureCrop1 provides many benefits when applying to the root zone, including:
🟢 Eliminating soil pests
🟢 Improving health and vigor
🟢 Reducing stress
🟢 Increasing resistance to soil pathogens
🟢 Enhancing nutrient intake
🟢 Faster ripening

You can also use it in conjunction with microbials, beneficial bacteria, and nematodes.

PureCrop1 Standard Dilution Rates:
🟢 For treatment foliar spray: 2-oz per gallon, every 2-3 days.
🟢 For treatment root zone: 1/2-oz per gallon, every water, with or without nutrients.
🟢 For preventative foliar spray: 1-oz per gallon, every 7-10 days."
Thanks for the info on the pure crop1. Git a couple pesky fungus gnats i need to eliminate. About out of bti and I like the added benefits of pc1.
I am fully vaccinated and had no side affects 👍🏻

sshz

sshz

Unfortunately, when I researched the unit more, the constant levels of ozone are quite bad for people who have chronic lung issues, i.e. asthma. They do make other unit’s without ozone that work with hydrogen instead and I’m researching those and will get back you everyone when I know more. I do think the ozone units would be most effective, but I don’t want to take care of one problem while creating another.

Another option, with great reviews, are stand alone floor units that have hepa filters along with charcoal filters that can handle about 1500 sq. ft each. But they are pricey at about $1000 a piece. More research will be needed.......

Madmax

Madmax

You grow stanky gear lol..im suprised actually the phresh isnt doing the job..i reckon its from when you go in open and shutting door ? ..so when you crank the fan up your losing heat and thats why you have it on low setting?.your dehumidifier takes odor out too..

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

@sshz here are some pics about the issue I messaged you about.
Grown in coco/perlite using gaia green at recommended dose. Day 66 of flower. Bumped my pH from 6.2 to 6.4 and have been having taco leaf issues on one part of one plant (go figure). It hasn't seemed to affect growth but it looks weird and the leaves are starting to get dry and brittle as well (only the taco ones) my last top dress was exactly a month ago. Cookies kush by barneys farm

Screenshot 20210324 094826 Gallery
Screenshot 20210324 094821 Gallery
Screenshot 20210324 094817 Gallery
sshz

sshz

Are you giving them Cal/Mag or have been? You shouldn’t be giving the plants that the last 2 weeks anyway. My first guess would be heat related, as I’m not seeing the normal cal/mag tell tale signs.

if the tops are tacoing, but you don’t see it lower down, most likely it heat damage. Raise your lights.

Pondracer

Pondracer

You grow stanky gear lol..im suprised actually the phresh isnt doing the job..i reckon its from when you go in open and shutting door ? ..so when you crank the fan up your losing heat and thats why you have it on low setting?.your dehumidifier takes odor out too..

Yeah I was trying to figure out some suggestion that would help but the description of the current setup is good. I have to be super careful, my neighbor is a good friend and has watched my house for me in the past - and he works at the PD. Its legal, but I don't want the sideeye look. I only get an issue when drying (which is outside the tent and in a spare bathroom) or when I open the tent. That PCK is pretty stinky too. I have it dialed in so tight right now the exhaust fan is only running about half the time so there isn't much negative air. No smell. I've had a couple friends come over very briefly and they smell nothing. Except during drying. Then my buddy was like wtf are you doing?

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

Are you giving them Cal/Mag or have been? You shouldn’t be giving the plants that the last 2 weeks anyway. My first guess would be heat related, as I’m not seeing the normal cal/mag tell tale signs.

if the tops are tacoing, but you don’t see it lower down, most likely it heat damage. Raise your lights.
They weren't getting cal/mag. The room Temps have been stable at 81-83 day and 74-76 night all flower and the issue started way after stretch had stopped. Lights are at 18 inches though. The issue started after a feeding of kelp (the first time I used it the leaves started doing this within 20minutes of watering) and has progressed slowly since ~about 2 weeks now. They're only getting water now and I did a 5 gallon flush on Sunday but I'm still seeing nutrient issues. At this point I think cutting and moving onto the next round. I think adding to many variables to my first grow wasn't the brightest idea 🤷‍♂️

sshz

sshz

Well, if you weren’t giving them additional cal/mag, that could be another issue. I have never used a fertilizer that had enough of that in there that it didn’t need more. Once you start flushing near the end, all kinds of issues develop but it’s late enough it just doesn’t matter anymore. How far along are you in flowering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom