• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

lol lol........ How true!

My floor fan is a beast, it's actually an outside fan and is very powerful. That's why where I put the Phresh Filter is important, I didn't want the fan blowing straight into the filter. I think I have it figured out, I'll just need a new hole in the ceiling and plug the old hole.
Think you are going to need a temp controller for the fan? Or not much changing in terms of air exchange volume?

If your night temps change i think you may see a touch more stretch but just a hunch if they are the same for day night last grow.

sshz

sshz

I have a temperature/humidity monitoring device mounted and I'm in there 10 times a day........ I use the exhaust fan controller to adjust the heat and humidity. The dehumidifier keeps the room fairy warm at night, I try to stay within 5-10 degree spread between day and nights. Either way, an unwanted stretch does not appear to ever be a concern again.

The exhaust fan moves around 862 CFM which is a lot in such a small room. As I've said, the negative pressure in there is such I have to fight just to get the door open. LOL There's no doubt one of the reasons for my success is the ability to control temps and humidity to an exact degree.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a temperature/humidity monitoring device mounted and I'm in there 10 times a day........ I use the exhaust fan controller to adjust the heat and humidity. The dehumidifier keeps the room fairy warm at night, I try to stay within 5-10 degree spread between day and nights. Either way, an unwanted stretch does not appear to ever be a concern again.

The exhaust fan moves around 862 CFM which is a lot in such a small room. As I've said, the negative pressure in there is such I have to fight just to get the door open. LOL There's no doubt one of the reasons for my success is the ability to control temps and humidity to an exact degree.
Honestly I think its something most really struggle with and I couldn't agree more when you have that control it just eliminates so many issues and you can dial things in time and time again because of the stability your never left wondering what change is the culprit or the benefit. Temp is just a huge huge factor and all things change when the temp changes... humidity... well there is a lot of wiggle room there between 40-65%

I think its definitely a big reason you make this look so simple and thats not to take away from your experience at all because you have a gift of reading plants and knowing what to do and evaluating responses. Its really a pleasure to watch and soak up.

sshz

sshz

My California LightWorks UV-B lights will be here Tuesday........ here's some info off their website:

HANGING HEIGHT The SS-UVB covers a 4' x 4' area at 3' above the canopy. It is recommended that you mount the SS-UVB at this height. Different plants with unique genetics will respond differently to the intense UVB light that this fixture puts out. When growing cannabis, sativa dominant strains typically have a higher tolerance to intense UVB than strains that are indica dominant. If you notice leaves on your plants start to turn brown around the edges, increase the distance between the UVB and your plant or decrease the exposure time per day. If you don't notice any unwanted results, you may gradually move the light closer to your plants or increase exposure time at your discretion.

SUGGESTED TIMING The SS-UVB is designed to be used during the last 2-3 weeks before harvest, when it can make a noticeable impact on plants. It is suggested to run your SS-UVB for 2-6 hours per day at 36" above the plant. If you're unable to mount the light at 36" above your plants, decrease the amount of exposure time. Do not power your SS-UVB on during your dark period as this can cause unwanted effects. Always monitor your plants to make sure you are getting the desired response, while making any necessary adjustments in height and/or on time to increase or decrease UVB exposure as desired. Growers typically see a noticeable difference in the amount of trichomes within the first two days after running the SS-UVB for just a few hours per day. Many growers also notice leaves changing color in response to UVB exposure.

sshz

sshz

And this.............

MEASURING UVB INTENSITY

UVB is measured in µW/cm2 or microwatts per centimeter squared. Over a 4' x 4' area with the SS-UVB hung at 3' you're going to get about 90 µW/cm2 in the center, 35-50 µW/cm2 on the outside edges, and 20 µW/cm2 in the corners. This distance allows for longer exposure times (depending on plant genetics) with less chance of negative effects on your plants. 3 ft is also the ideal hanging height for best possible uniformity. The graphic below shows UVB measurements over a 4' x 4' area with the SS-UVB hung at 3'.

P.S.- Sorry, the chart won't download but 90 in the center down to 20 in the corners with most areas in the 35-50 range is what it shows.

sshz

sshz

And the really important stuff:

UVB spectrum chart 480x480

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m still trying to figure out is it better in bursts, let’s say 10 minutes on 12 times a day or just run it on for 2 hours on and then off the rest of the day???
Maybe start small and work up but I would prob alternate 1 on 1 off in the end at that intensity

sshz

sshz

Some further advice form CLW..........

"We recommend 3 feet from the plants. We usually start with smaller periods of time and increase it slowly as the plants get used to it. Try to position the on period in the middle of your flower time. Just do it for 30 minutes 6 hours in. Increase to an hour after a couple days and so on until you have it on for a couple hours per period. Sativas can handle it better than a broad leafed Indica can."

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some further advice form CLW..........

"We recommend 3 feet from the plants. We usually start with smaller periods of time and increase it slowly as the plants get used to it. Try to position the on period in the middle of your flower time. Just do it for 30 minutes 6 hours in. Increase to an hour after a couple days and so on until you have it on for a couple hours per period. Sativas can handle it better than a broad leafed Indica can."
Good to know... so consecutive it is. Makes sense as to mimic the natural sun

Madmax

Madmax

Thats probably twice as much needed for your room..mines not quite that big only 710cfm i do near same lol using exhaust fan controller...i too battle to get out of room lol and thats only on a tad under half speed.i gotta put my back to the door and use my ass to bump it open with great difficulty and near fall over plants 🤣🤣..those soft door seals work perfect..

So this uvb light will b hanging a ft lower than your light or will it b at same distance as the gavita towards the end of grow..

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thats probably twice as much needed for your room..mines not quite that big only 710cfm i do near same lol using exhaust fan controller...i too battle to get out of room lol and thats only on a tad under half speed.i gotta put my back to the door and use my ass to bump it open with great difficulty and near fall over plants 🤣🤣..those soft door seals work perfect..

So this uvb light will b hanging a ft lower than your light or will it b at same distance as the gavita towards the end of grow..
Higher by a foot.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

I've used this light for almost 2 years now.....did side by sides, etc. Here is the schedule I've found works for most all strains.

Definitely keep a 3ft distance from canopy at ALL times.

Make sure you or your skin is nowhere near those lights when the red light on top is flashing!

Week 1:

Day 1 - 30 minutes at midway (Hour 6 of 12)
Day 2 - 1 hour at midway
Day 3 - 2 hours at midway
Day 4 - 2 hours at midway

Day 5 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 6 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 7 - 2.5 hours at midway

Week 2:

Day 8 - 2 hours at midway
Day 9 - 2 hours at midway
Day 10 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 11 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 12 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 13 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 14 - 2.5 hours at midway

Some strains are really sensitive, but usually the fatter the leaves the less they can take. Not always the rule.

Make sure you inspect at each interval for negative effects. Basically to much will turn the plant matter brown, and degrade trichomes.

Have only seen a couple strains take more than about 3 hours. More testing is needed, ie - splitting duration times to 2 hours at midway, then 1.5 hours during the last 1.5 hours before lights out.

You will see a difference in just a few days of use. Its noticeable.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I've used this light for almost 2 years now.....did side by sides, etc. Here is the schedule I've found works for most all strains.

Definitely keep a 3ft distance from canopy at ALL times.

Make sure you or your skin is nowhere near those lights when the red light on top is flashing!

Week 1:

Day 1 - 30 minutes at midway (Hour 6 of 12)
Day 2 - 1 hour at midway
Day 3 - 2 hours at midway
Day 4 - 2 hours at midway

Day 5 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 6 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 7 - 2.5 hours at midway

Week 2:

Day 8 - 2 hours at midway
Day 9 - 2 hours at midway
Day 10 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 11 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 12 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 13 - 2.5 hours at midway
Day 14 - 2.5 hours at midway

Some strains are really sensitive, but usually the fatter the leaves the less they can take. Not always the rule.

Make sure you inspect at each interval for negative effects. Basically to much will turn the plant matter brown, and degrade trichomes.

Have only seen a couple strains take more than about 3 hours. More testing is needed, ie - splitting duration times to 2 hours at midway, then 1.5 hours during the last 1.5 hours before lights out.

You will see a difference in just a few days of use. Its noticeable.
This is great stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom