• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

This is Lou, not Bells. Lol

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

I always enjoy it on my cereal in the morning..........other than that, Botanicare Pure Blend Pro uses a distillation process to brew their fertilizer, and I believe both ingredients are in there. There’s no doubt though, it better in a “living soil” environment, and I’m not sure Pro-mix in conducive to that fact.

I meant specifically within the context of a seed pre-soak. The guy at BAS likes it and from what I read it doesn't sound like a bad idea. The stuff I use is supposedly distilled from prehistoric something or other and is all organic.

I have and i think he could cut at least a few tenths off his 200m freestyle if he shaved his entire body.

Brother do you have any idea how long a full body shave would take? Hahahaha

I said shave but really waxing would probably be more effective.
Fact is though, I much prefer to use a fertilizer that is organically based vs. chemically based. Chem based fertilizer salts tend to build up faster in the soil and will toxify if not flushed out occasionally. I rarely if ever have to flush my pots until the very end, and even then, it may not make much of a difference.

And yes, a full body waxing may be in order here......... we should vote on it! Maybe we can trade some gummies for a full waxing video. Lol

Haha ok well I may actually get my back waxed in the not to distant future. My wife shaved my back for the first time the other night and the fur baby on the bathroom floor was HILARIOUS. She suggested I go to the lady who does her Brazilian to get my back waxed. I was like naaaah but those gummies 🤔🤔🤔 might just make it tolerable

Well see those of us who have not see the body have not see the hair to be removed, and can’t really weigh in on best solution. 😊

Hahaha let me give you a hand (and possibly nightmares)...Remember the back hair fur baby I was talmbout??:

I'm hairy. All the way around...this one to make me feel less fat while I'm in the offseason. I need a new pic with a good pump. Maybe later:

I'm 6'1" tall, walk around at about 275-280 in the off season. In competition prep I'll push that just over 300 with a far more solid composition. Not that anyone asked lmao. I like feeling strong.

Click on Bells pic’s, can you say “Lou Forrigno”?

Girl stahp 🥰

amekins

amekins

I meant specifically within the context of a seed pre-soak. The guy at BAS likes it and from what I read it doesn't sound like a bad idea. The stuff I use is supposedly distilled from prehistoric something or other and is all organic.

Haha ok well I may actually get my back waxed in the not to distant future. My wife shaved my back for the first time the other night and the fur baby on the bathroom floor was HILARIOUS. She suggested I go to the lady who does her Brazilian to get my back waxed. I was like naaaah but those gummies 🤔🤔🤔 might just make it tolerable

Hahaha let me give you a hand (and possibly nightmares)...Remember the back hair fur baby I was talmbout??:View attachment 1084340

I'm hairy. All the way around...this one to make me feel less fat while I'm in the offseason. I need a new pic with a good pump. Maybe later:
View attachment 1084342

I'm 6'1" tall, walk around at about 275-280 in the off season. In competition prep I'll push that just over 300 with a far more solid composition. Not that anyone asked lmao. I like feeling strong.

Girl stahp 🥰
Ok, waxing all the way. You’re the dude that shorties like me feel safe around. 👍

sshz

sshz

Looks like bear fur.........

And I’ve seen a seed soak that has those ingredients in there so there‘s maybe something to it........ just not sure if it’s actually needed or just another marketing ploy.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

Ok, waxing all the way. You’re the dude that shorties like me feel safe around. 👍

I like that :) I have a wife and two little girls and being a protector has been built into my identity for a long time. Outwardly I try a little to discourage people from getting involved with me because I have a hard time suffering general ignorance...but I promise I'm the guy you want in the room if something bad starts happening.

Looks like bear fur.........

And I’ve seen a seed soak that has those ingredients in there so there‘s maybe something to it........ just not sure if it’s actually needed or just another marketing ploy.

One might argue that it is bear fur, sir 😂😂

Yea I think there's just massive amounts of anecdotal and objective research around seedlings that proves it's definitely not needed. But might help with shell penetration regardless?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Hahaha let me give you a hand (and possibly nightmares)...Remember the back hair fur baby I was talmbout??:View attachment 1084340

View attachment 1084342

Girl stahp 🥰
Senior year I knocked a dude out about your size. He was 6’4”. I was scared shitless. He comes running at me, cocks back to throw a haymaker and I threw a little upper cut that caught his jaw just the right way. He fell like a totem pole. We were pretty good friends after that. Funny shit. Now, in no way, shape, or form am I saying I’d drop you like I did him. Lol. It just brought back some good memories. Thanks Bellum. You sexy beast.

sshz

sshz

So, I put them together in all of 5 minutes........ I see the biggest complaint on them is getting the electrical cord plugged into the unit to stay plugged in. It's just not very snug but still, should be fine. They are very light weight, and the quality appears slightly better than the rest of those I've seen on the market. The shield is aluminum, which everyone recommends. Well, it's a $100 for a $20 piece of equipment- this has to have the largest markup of any piece of equipment I own I'm thinking. I'll get them hooked up today or tomorrow and show a pic when finished. For now, a quick video:

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So, I put them together in all of 5 minutes........ I see the biggest complaint on them is getting the electrical cord plugged into the unit to stay plugged in. It's just not very snug but still, should be fine. They are very light weight, and the quality appears slightly better than the rest of those I've seen on the market. The shield is aluminum, which everyone recommends. Well, it's a $100 for a $20 piece of equipment- this has to have the largest markup of any piece of equipment I own I'm thinking. I'll get them hooked up today or tomorrow and show a pic when finished. For now, a quick video:

thats just a rebranded sunblaze or hydrofarm seedling kit reflector (mine was $25 with a 6500k bulb) and a rebranded uv flourescent tube. Good one $25 from hortilux. Weed specific crap makes me sad with the markup. But not as much as you said at least.

Its a good reflector though should work well.

sshz

sshz

Still though, best complete package I've seen yet so i don't mind paying extra for it. Bulb should last well over 5 years or more, considering it's only on about 56 hours a year. LOL

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Still though, best complete package I've seen yet so i don't mind paying extra for it. Bulb should last well over 5 years or more, considering it's only on about 56 hours a year. LOL

Wonder how you test it? How do we know its still good?

sshz

sshz

Good point....... when I used to run the HPS, I replaced them every 2 grows even though they still had plenty of life in them. I will probably go 3 years with these UV-B's and then replace them too, while saving the old ones as backups.

Update: baby plants are looking great, although small as they are just a few days old. This strain will grow big and tall if you let it sooooooo I've lowered the lights again to 36 inches and plan to closely mimic the Orange Gasm grow as much as possible. Probably the main change will be the defoliation schedule, reducing the amount of leaves removed and waiting til around 3 1/2 weeks into veg for my first and only thorough removal. So only 1 big defoliation right before flowering, and then strategically removing leaves on a limited basis as need be. If you remember, I was hitting those Gasm plants non stop as they were incredibly leafy thru the whole grow. Bottom line, more removal towards the center of the plants while leaving more to the outside.

To help reduce the purple stems, I'm at 10ml per gallon of Cal/Mag and nothing else at this point. The Pro-Mix has a 10 day fertilizer charge and the Cal/Mag has 2% Nitrogen so after 10 days I'll start adding some ferts at a small rate and slowly increase as the plants get larger.

LED's are running at 100% but at 36 inches above top of plants. Room is running at 80 degrees, room fan is on low and exhaust is running at 25% power.

I decided to install the UV-B tomorrow and then spend a day or two planning out the Phresh Filter layout. Also wanted to mention the UV-B lights are so light, I may just stable a plastic cable tie to the ceiling (instead of punching holes thru the ceiling for toggle bolts) and use ratchet hangers that way.

sshz

sshz

It also looks like the Gavita Master controller and adapters will not sell, as they been offered a few times on EBay and have received no bids. I’m thinking at some point I’ll hook these up and see if they are worth having or I can always easily remove them and box them up again. I need to read up more about them, maybe I’m missing some additional benefits somewhere. I may also offer them out at 1-2 other places and see what happens.

sshz

sshz

I’m wondering how much UV-B light I’m going to lose by hanging the light above the Gavita LED with its 8 bars??? Has to be between 10-20% I’m guessing......... if they were to be hung at the same distance, which they won’t, I could have positioned it between one of the bars.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I’m wondering how much UV-B light I’m going to lose by hanging the light above the Gavita LED with its 8 bars??? Has to be between 10-20% I’m guessing......... if they were to be hung at the same distance, which they won’t, I could have positioned it between one of the bars.
Thats my plany even if I need to do 10 on 10 off... not suggesting just kinda my only option.

sshz

sshz

OnLy thing I can come up with is hang the light in 2 different positions for half the time each........ that would work but I’m not about to do that.......... enough of the light is passing thru that I suspect the difference will be minimal........

Or buy 2 more lights for added exposure but don’t want to do that either.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
OnLy thing I can come up with is hang the light in 2 different positions for half the time each........ that would work but I’m not about to do that.......... enough of the light is passing thru that I suspect the difference will be minimal........

Or buy 2 more lights for added exposure but don’t want to do that either.
Imo, you're going to be reading the plants to figure it out anyway. Doubt the first thing you try will be quite perfect, ya know?

Starting with them above the lights sounds like a perfectly reasonable place to begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom