Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I’ve given some thought tonight as to why my plants are so small at this point........after looking at the 3 past pic’s, it took me some snooping to figure it out. I’ve been so concerned about making sure they’ve been getting their Cal/Mag, I haven’t been fertilizing them enough with my base fertilizer. I actually did the same thing in the Sweet Zombie grow. So it’s less cal/mag and more 3-2-4 starting tomorrow and you’ll see a big improvement over the next week or two.

I’m still under the weather a bit and surely not as sharp as I normally am. Although I’m feeling much better, I’m still having some breathing issues going on 18-19 days now. My wife thinks it’s my weight gain since my daughters wedding, and at this point a flu test wouldn’t help out much. Either way, I’ll be 65 in a few weeks (OMG, I can’t believe I just said that) and the vaccine will be made available shortly after that.
I've been playing around with having a bit more cal/mag in my res under the same lights, in rockwool though. Out of the total ppm of your feed, how much of it is comprised of your cal/mag product?

I didn't want to raise everything exponentially in my res, so I only raised the calmag while lowering the base to keep it around 800ppm. Things are looking better in my room but just wasn't sure if almost half of the nutrient mix is supposed to be calmag under the gavitas. What did yours look like? (out of 800ppm, 300 of it is calmag).

Been following along daily btw, a silent observer probably like many of us. Great stuff and thanks for the free knowledge you give to this community!

sshz

sshz

A good question......... but difficult to answer.

Let's begin with the quality of your water........... mine is terrible, so I'm forced to use a reverse osmosis device to remove all the nasty's, but especially the heavy metals. This in turn strips all (or most) of the Calcium and Mg out. So Botanicare recommends adding 5ml of their Cal/Mag to each gallon of water. In turn, with r.o. water, I add between 7-10ml per gallon as I deem fit.

Now the first two weeks, I was only giving my new plants Cal/Mag (it has 2% N in it), nothing else. The plants were/are healthy but slow growing. Very slow growing and small. See the picture above a few posts. I'm figurig they have plenty of Cal/Mag now built up and in the soil- so in my last watering I fed only 3-2-4 and the growth the last few days is very noticeable.

So, rather than concentrate on ppm's and what's contributing to that number- I'd say it's more important to give them what they need and don't lock into a certain ppm at a certain point in growth. I think it's important to give them at least 5ml per gallon with every watering, as we've discussed their requirements are higher under the LED's. I normally look for the purpling of stems and the tacoing/crinkling of leaves to signal a higher dosage is needed. But I'm not worried about going lower a feeding or two if I feel they are happy and doing well.

To answer your specific question, I would guess the Cal/Mag % of total ppm would be higher early on in growth and as the plants get bigger and your ppm needs to be higher, the Cal/Mag % would continue to decline. You shouldn't use Cal/Mag the last 2 weeks or so, or at least start a slow reduction to zero at harvest.

sshz

sshz

Here's my next possible strain to grow out......."Glueberry Muffin S1" from Destiny Seeds.

Lineage: Blueberry Muffins x Citral Glue

Yield: Very Heavy/Massive

Flower Time: 49-56 days

Fragrance: Blueberry Muffin, Citrus, Skunk

Plant Size: Short, bushy with large tops.

Characteristics: Glueberry Muffin is an Indica dominant hybrid. This lady reeks of blueberry muffins with a sweet citral skunk undertone and is a terp monster. Her structure is classic Indica and she responds extremely well to heavy stripping. Easy to grow for any level and is extremly pest and mold resistant.

I've place an order, should be here i just a few days.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Here's my next possible strain to grow out......."Glueberry Muffin S1" from Destiny Seeds.

Characteristics: Glueberry Muffin is an Indica dominant hybrid. This lady reeks of blueberry muffins with a sweet citral skunk undertone and is a terp monster. Her structure is classic Indica and she responds extremely well to heavy stripping. Easy to grow for any level and is extremly pest and mold resistant.

View attachment 1089787
Looks perfect. Idk destiny at all but I know blueberry muffin is supposed to be a great strain.

sshz

sshz

Deep thoughts tonight.......... in about a month, I turn 65 years old. I'll say this to you youngins- age will come at you really quickly. Mentally I'm still probably about 35, physically I'm better off than most my age with no serious health issues, but I have plently of minor nagging ones and you will too- it comes with age. This all leads to.......... I'm figuring I'll stop growing when i turn 70, at least for profit. So, 5 years left means around 15 more crops, but probably 13-14 because 4 crops normally takes me 13+ months.

I want to be a little more particular with my up coming strains............. maybe have a purpose with what i choose. I'm trying to think of anything I've ever wanted to grow but didn't like MK Ultra or Kali Mist. I'm seriously thinking about putting in co2 again, just to see where I could get to with my yield numbers. I'm even thinking about doing 2 strains at one time, one on each side. OR putting the old HPS's back in the room for one grow and see where, with my new style of growing, that wouild go. Crazy thoughts............

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Even though it probably throws a wrench into the cog I always thought running 2 strains was a good idea, different flavors and I just enjoy seeing how different strains grow

SSgrower

SSgrower

At 62 I can relate, time wears our bodies. We just have so much to contribute to this wonderful plant that can help others. In america as a community we want legalization so we can further the plant medically and gardener wise. Thank's for your help.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

A good question......... but difficult to answer.

Let's begin with the quality of your water........... mine is terrible, so I'm forced to use a reverse osmosis device to remove all the nasty's, but especially the heavy metals. This in turn strips all (or most) of the Calcium and Mg out. So Botanicare recommends adding 5ml of their Cal/Mag to each gallon of water. In turn, with r.o. water, I add between 7-10ml per gallon as I deem fit.

Now the first two weeks, I was only giving my new plants Cal/Mag (it has 2% N in it), nothing else. The plants were/are healthy but slow growing. Very slow growing and small. See the picture above a few posts. I'm figurig they have plenty of Cal/Mag now built up and in the soil- so in my last watering I fed only 3-2-4 and the growth the last few days is very noticeable.

So, rather than concentrate on ppm's and what's contributing to that number- I'd say it's more important to give them what they need and don't lock into a certain ppm at a certain point in growth. I think it's important to give them at least 5ml per gallon with every watering, as we've discussed their requirements are higher under the LED's. I normally look for the purpling of stems and the tacoing/crinkling of leaves to signal a higher dosage is needed. But I'm not worried about going lower a feeding or two if I feel they are happy and doing well.

To answer your specific question, I would guess the Cal/Mag % of total ppm would be higher early on in growth and as the plants get bigger and your ppm needs to be higher, the Cal/Mag % would continue to decline. You shouldn't use Cal/Mag the last 2 weeks or so, or at least start a slow reduction to zero at harvest.

Wow thanks for the quick reply, I was just gettin ready for bed and thought I would shoot you a question to possibly wake up to a good answer. You did not disappoint!
I am also using RO water but I have been cutting it with tap for the ph buffer because I am using the no N calmag (2:1) from Mendocino and it shoots down the PH of RO water by 5+ points if I add too much. My normal calmag product is designed for RO so it's stable at large amounts but it has 8%N so I been using a bit of both. (Using the Veg+Bloom powders line)
To my knowledge since I am in RW, I don't have the luxury to have it build up in the medium. So I need to keep the feed the same
Just started wondering because I felt like I may be causing other issues down the road if I have so much calmag in my res, mostly because I came across dan fernandez article from 2019: https://scienceinhydroponics.com/2019/07/calciums-behavior-in-nutrient-solutions.html

Wasn't sure if I may be overdosing the calmag, even though it seems to have helped for now. Maybe just increasing the transport of it through the environment would be more ideal. But if there are no inherent problems with having lots of calmag fed to the roots then I'll keep doing that, maybe even add a bit more since I do see a few of the taco leaves, no red stems but a few red petioles. Thanks for that diagnosing tip and thanks again for the reply

sshz

sshz

LOL....... Expert Seeds saw the Sweet Zombie grow and asked for my address so they could send some freebies.

"Hi SSHZ-

Please send your postal address so I can send some freebies."

I'll probably give these away in a contest of some sort, as it surely won't be enough to fill a room.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Deep thoughts tonight.......... in about a month, I turn 65 years old. I'll say this to you youngins- age will come at you really quickly. Mentally I'm still probably about 35, physically I'm better off than most my age with no serious health issues, but I have plently of minor nagging ones and you will too- it comes with age. This all leads to.......... I'm figuring I'll stop growing when i turn 70, at least for profit. So, 5 years left means around 15 more crops, but probably 13-14 because 4 crops normally takes me 13+ months.

I want to be a little more particular with my up coming strains............. maybe have a purpose with what i choose. I'm trying to think of anything I've ever wanted to grow but didn't like MK Ultra or Kali Mist. I'm seriously thinking about putting in co2 again, just to see where I could get to with my yield numbers. I'm even thinking about doing 2 strains at one time, one on each side. OR putting the old HPS's back in the room for one grow and see where, with my new style of growing, that wouild go. Crazy thoughts............
If you grow two strains at a time you can do more seed shopping, probably sell more, talk your wife into letting you add a light.....next thing you know you're shouting NORDLE into a walkie talkie riding in a jeep on the run from the taliban next to your fixer who definitely lost his mind around 2004 and hoo boy the wife's gonna be mad about this one

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

View attachment 1089787
@SaintsSamilia has a journal going including these now. They look great! https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/h...x-glueberry-muffin-s1-exotic-genetics.122499/

sshz

sshz

It is, but I think it’s two different company’s.......... I’ll have to check to be sure.

sshz

sshz

99.9% it's two different breeders........seedfinder.eu doesn't even have the strain listed by any breeder.

TopShelfTrees

TopShelfTrees

99.9% it's two different breeders........seedfinder.eu doesn't even have the strain listed by any breeder.
I’m 99% sure Exotic Genetics doesn’t have a glueberry muffin, this name confusion between these two has happened a couple times before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom