Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

It might not look it, the the probe is inward more than it appears. I may move it a bit more towards the center though if the length allows it. Good catch, but I don't expect any difference. The high powered floor fan even's it all out very quickly.

I bought my LED's the last week of May, it now seems like I've had them forever. LOL I like these so much more than the HPS. No doubt it's 30-40% less heat too which is a pleasure. I don't talk about the Gavita's light spread enough............ 43 inches X 44 inches. It's the biggest advantage it carry's over most of the other LED's (and the 3300 diodes).

sshz

sshz

Exhaust 10 inch ductwork arrived today, I'll be working on that around dinner.

Just a few days more now..........

IMG 1355

sshz

sshz

From this point until I start using the UV-B’s, expect one post a week on Fridays. It’s just become rather boring posting the same stuff grow after grow, you can only say the same things so many ways. I’m sure most of you understand what I’m talking about......

So, Friday will be day 1 of flowering......... back on then.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

From this point until I start using the UV-B’s, expect one post a week on Fridays. It’s just become rather boring posting the same stuff grow after grow, you can only say the same things so many ways. I’m sure most of you understand what I’m talking about......

So, Friday will be day 1 of flowering......... back on then.

how will you know if the uvb worked?

sshz

sshz

Huh????

I'll keep posting, but just once on friday's. When the UV-B's go on in week 8- then I post more often with a posting concentration on the UV-B's. And how will we know if they worked- we won't except by a visual evaluation.

And don't read anything into this........ I just bored a bit and in April I start a Triple Crown thread on a horse site that keeps me pretty busy thu the Belmont Stakes.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Tonight I’ll start cutting the light back to 12/12. This will make the finish date May 7th, 70 days in flowering which I usually go to with Ethos strains. After a slow start, the “Candy Store” has really taken off, after a very slow start. Ethos describes her as a beast of a plant, and by the size of the leaves, whatever indica is in her sure shows up.

Which leads us to the first room defoliation. I have lowered the LED’s to 20 inches and hope to get some elongation out of them before I lollipop and defoliate them, which means it’s at least a week off. The leaves looks like big Afghani leaves, and are blocking everything below- so they will be the first to go to expose the grow tips underneath. I purposely want to leave more on than I have in the past few grows, with the intention of slowly removing more here and there as necessary. I stunted the Sweet Zombie by removing too much too soon last time and am looking for a happy middle.

I have the dehumidifier set at 55% and the temps vary between 79-83, depending on if the dehumidifier is running or not (since it spits out warm air). The Phresh filter is helping, to what extent I’m not sure yet. The wife is a better judge than me, but the strain is stinky! I’m keeping the humidity at a lower range to ensure the filter does it’s job.

sshz

sshz

Look at the front right plant's leaves...... classic indica. Remember that UV-B has a more detrimental affect on wider leaves, as they catch more of the UV-B rays so I'll have to be extra careful as they progress slowly towards weeks 10. The biggest of the leaves will be removed first sometime next week, as they block the most bud sites underneath.

I'll also have to spread the plants out a bit more, by the look of things they are still jammed in a bit too close.

IMG 1359

Last edited:
_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Been looking at greatlakesgenetics to see what all they offer, and came across sour bubba from katsu. After trying to find some grows I found a thread where you said you were going to start some after your current grow, this was early 2020 i think. Did you ever state why you decided not to run them? Im kinda interested in the strain

Thanks

sshz

sshz

I've run some Katsu Bubba hybrids in the past......... I didn't run them in 2020 because I traded all my Katsu packs for a Gavita Master Controller and LED adapters. But, the main reason I didn't run them before that was their limited yield. I like Katsu's stuff, and I've had some good back and forth with him at another site for advice and discussion over the last couple of years- he's a good guy. So, quality is there, yield is a bit lighter than what I'm looking for commercially. If it's Bubba you want, he's the guy!

If you are looking for Katsu gear, also consider dcseedexchange.com as they are giving away a free 3 pack of Bubba's Sis or Shroomba with each Katsu pack bought. I also read somewhere Katsu partnered up with another breeder (that escapes me) and those new strains are now for sale, but I can't remember much past that.

Last edited:
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I've run some Katsu Bubba hybrids in the past......... I didn't run them in 2020 because I traded all my Katsu packs for a Gavita Master Controller and LED adapters. But, the main reason I didn't run them before that was their limited yield. I like Katsu's stuff, and I've had some good back and forth with him at another site for advice and discussion over the last couple of years- he's a good guy. So, quality is there, yield is a bit lighter than what I'm looking for commercially. If it's Bubba you want, he's the guy!

If you are looking for Katsu gear, also consider dcseedexchange.com as they are giving away a free 3 pack of Bubba's Sis or Shroomba with each Katsu pack bought. I also read somewhere Katsu partnered up with another breeder (that escapes me) and those new strains are now for sale, but I can't remember much past that.
Bubba Kush is just in general not a high yielding strain as i understand it.

_VLAD_

_VLAD_

Bubba Kush is just in general not a high yielding strain as i understand it.

Thats what Ive read, I think at this point im just looking for the highest quality genetics I can find though, will worry about yield later. Ive also read good things about the shroomba strain mentioned.

Im going with a strawberry type (strawberry goji/headband) from bohdi and need 1 more to get above $139 for freebies so thatd why i ask. Ive heard katsu's name thrown around.

My other choice was the holy grail kush SSHZ has talked about almost getting a divorce over. But after doing some reading it seems you have to find that special pheno to have something real nice. If im wrong here let me know.

Thanks again

sshz

sshz

It's been a number of years since I've grown it and as we all know, things change over time. I can't honestly speak of it today but numerous people are growing it out so checking out recent grows makes the most sense. When I did it, it was great.

I spend many, many hours looking for strains, reading grow diaries, reviewing seedfinder.eu, and just visiting various forums looking for interesting items. I've read many of the DNA/Reserva Privada strains have weakened over time and aren't as good as they were just a few years ago.

And we weren't close to a divorce. It was just a warning NOT to grow it again. I found the Ethos Chem OG just as stinky, but that one has been discontinued.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thats what Ive read, I think at this point im just looking for the highest quality genetics I can find though, will worry about yield later. Ive also read good things about the shroomba strain mentioned.

Im going with a strawberry type (strawberry goji/headband) from bohdi and need 1 more to get above $139 for freebies so thatd why i ask. Ive heard katsu's name thrown around.

My other choice was the holy grail kush SSHZ has talked about almost getting a divorce over. But after doing some reading it seems you have to find that special pheno to have something real nice. If im wrong here let me know.

Thanks again
I follow katsu on insta. The vibe i get is good. The stuff he's working now puts off incredible frost.

Madmax

Madmax

Gee they sell that well..sounds like the only thing it cant do is cook a sunday roast..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom