Ethos Seeds "Candy Store" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

They do but i dont think they would penetrate enough into the canopy..sshz would have to run 4 of those in there ea side .b going from 600 odd watt each side to 1200ea side..i see where your coming from though..

sshz

sshz

I think we covered already that the UV-B coming from a CMH is rather limited in comparison to a dedicated UV-B bulb and fixture......... but others will correct me if I’m wrong.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think we covered already that the UV-B coming from a CMH is rather limited in comparison to a dedicated UV-B bulb and fixture......... but others will correct me if I’m wrong.

thats true and used as marketing by uvb bulb sellers but the thc increase was shown with phillips 315 cmh bulbs years ago. And for more uv a and b use a ushio 4000k.

Madmax

Madmax

There cant b that much uvb to b running all the time.this wouldnt b why plants get stressed under cmh MIM...like in veg....i had mine hanging at 42 inches or there abouts and was getting leaf stress..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There cant b that much uvb to b running all the time.this wouldnt b why plants get stressed under cmh MIM...like in veg....i had mine hanging at 42 inches or there abouts and was getting leaf stress..

Definitely see uv leaf stress when plants are not slowly broken in. I needed 42” distance in my 3x3. The leaves get a wrinkle and then twist. I have seen pics of the same under the reptile bulbs.

Never saw the same with hps or mh.

sshz

sshz

Finally getting some stretch out of some of the plants........I think I can flower a bit earlier than planned, instead of waiting til 5 weeks thru veg on Friday. I'l also probably move all the taller plants to one side and put the shorter plants to the other side, which will let me move the LED's to an optimum height. These will also need a defoliation sooner rather than later, as there's some big ass leaves blocking tons underneath.

IMG 1363

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Finally getting some stretch out of some of the plants........I think I can flower a bit earlier than planned, instead of waiting til 5 weeks thru veg on Friday. I'l also probably move all the taller plants to one side and put the shorter plants to the other side, which will let me move the LED's to an optimum height. These will also need a defoliation sooner rather than later, as there's some big ass leaves blocking tons underneath.

View attachment 1096933

wow once they grow some leaves they really take off under those lamps you got. Whew!

sshz

sshz

LOL.......you're not kidding. Stuff looks great and I was forced to spread the room out a bit more as everything was runninng into each other. I'm figuring on Wednesday I'll pull everything out of the room, clean them up and do a bit of defoliating and arrange them back strategically. I also want to get a PureCrop1 spraying in at some point........

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

LOL.......you're not kidding. Stuff looks great and I was forced to spread the room out a bit more as everything was runninng into each other. I'm figuring on Wednesday I'll pull everything out of the room, clean them up and do a bit of defoliating and arrange them back strategically. I also want to get a PureCrop1 spraying in at some point........

is that the only bug prevention you do? I am considering a root drench for preventative after the root aphid fiasco.

sshz

sshz

I generally don't have to do much............at least in the winter. I fought mites for years but they haven't been an issue for the last 2+ years. I'll put in some yellow sticky traps after I lolipop, and spray PureCrop1 a few times but passed that, I watch carefully for bug issues and not much else. I also bought a UV flying gnat killer for $30, which I'll start putting in the room here and there if needed. I'm guessing it's too cold outside for anything to invade right now.

Mites have been my only real issue in the past, and it's one of the reasons I decided to switch rooms- just to get a clean start. They would show up in the 3rd-4th week of flowering, and I've tried just about everything on the market to kill them at one time or another. Now I spend a lot of time cleaning my pots at the end of the crop, thinking mites would leave eggs which would develop into mites when the timing was right. By soaking the pots in very hot water for an hour or two to clean them up, and then spraying the room down with a couple of various things in the cleanup, i've gotten a handle on the borg.

I've never seen webs, which most likely means I had russet mites (they don't spin webs). They are very tough to get rid of, and not all mite killers work on them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And @sshz i spray isopropyl alcohol and wipe down every pot before storing. And every stand, tool and anything else that comes in or goes out of my rooms.

i even wipe down bags of soil and supplies from the grow store.

but i still got the root aphids.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I generally don't have to do much............at least in the winter. I fought mites for years but they haven't been an issue for the last 2+ years. I'll put in some yellow sticky traps after I lolipop, and spray PureCrop1 a few times but passed that, I watch carefully for bug issues and not much else. I also bought a UV flying gnat killer for $30, which I'll start putting in the room here and there if needed. I'm guessing it's too cold outside for anything to invade right now.

Mites have been my only real issue in the past, and it's one of the reasons I decided to switch rooms- just to get a clean start. They would show up in the 3rd-4th week of flowering, and I've tried just about everything on the market to kill them at one time or another. Now I spend a lot of time cleaning my pots at the end of the crop, thinking mites would leave eggs which would develop into mites when the timing was right. By soaking the pots in very hot water for an hour or two to clean them up, and then spraying the room down with a couple of various things in the cleanup, i've gotten a handle on the borg.

I've never seen webs, which most likely means I had russet mites (they don't spin webs). They are very tough to get rid of, and not all mite killers work on them.
I had russet mites this summer in my outdoor, used a sulfur burner in my greenhouse and it worked great. I used it every 3 days for 2 weeks. The plants turned out great

sshz

sshz

And @sshz i spray isopropyl alcohol and wipe down every pot before storing. And every stand, tool and anything else that comes in or goes out of my rooms.

i even wipe down bags of soil and supplies from the grow store.

but i still got the root aphids.

I’ll generally spray the room down with a series of sprays, including bleach, then one of the citrus killers like Nuke’m and then either PureCrop1 or an industrial insect killer (something strong). I also throw the tarp out each crop and wipe the lights and fans down.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Haha. Yup. That shit makes me gag.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I hold 1gal pots upside down and dunk in insecticidal soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom