Exotic Genetix Kimbo Kush pheno hunt

• Thread starter GrowAholiC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I just pulled my latest batch of Kimbo. She was pulled at day 60 of 11/13. She went darker , black in spots, than all previous runs and has a sweeter smell also. Temps were at 76*f lights on , 70*f lights off. Hope you get a dark pheno!

Peace.

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

I just pulled my latest batch of Kimbo. She was pulled at day 60 of 11/13. She went darker , black in spots, than all previous runs and has a sweeter smell also. Temps were at 76*f lights on , 70*f lights off. Hope you get a dark pheno! View attachment 445948View attachment 445949
Peace.

That looks killer! She even has pink/purple resin rails. Really nice man. I'm honestly a little jealous because I am two weeks away from harvest and not a single one of my nine pheno's has any color at all unlike your Kimbo. Day temps are 75F and night tems are 66F. Most of all my pheno's seem to be leaning towards being Starfighter dominate or have heavy Starfighter traits.

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
That looks killer! She even has pink/purple resin rails. Really nice man. I'm honestly a little jealous because I am two weeks away from harvest and not a single one of my nine pheno's has any color at all unlike your Kimbo. Day temps are 75F and night tems are 66F. Most of all my pheno's seem to be leaning towards being Starfighter dominate or have heavy Starfighter traits.

Thank you bro for the compliment! Interesting about you not having a blackberry leaner might be able to decline your light cycle to 11/13 to see if it expresses color ? Some of the pics of my cut look just like the original blackberry strain. This cut isn't a yielder at all though, and it's very leafy like a typical kush and her resin is dusty, not sticky or oily. My wife said " dust was puffing " off of a plant I was jostling around, I realized it was trichs just falling everywhere. I crossed my Kimbo to a reversed cut of potent TGA jack skellington and hoping my seeds Im making matured enough before harvest. I'm hoping I get a funky hybrid. I'm stoked about your Kimbo. It's my favorite strain right now and I'm blowing up run after run of it as we speak! Look forward to smoke reports on your phenos. Much respect. Peace.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Thank you bro for the compliment! Interesting about you not having a blackberry leaner might be able to decline your light cycle to 11/13 to see if it expresses color ? Some of the pics of my cut look just like the original blackberry strain. This cut isn't a yielder at all though, and it's very leafy like a typical kush and her resin is dusty, not sticky or oily. My wife said " dust was puffing " off of a plant I was jostling around, I realized it was trichs just falling everywhere. I crossed my Kimbo to a reversed cut of potent TGA jack skellington and hoping my seeds Im making matured enough before harvest. I'm hoping I get a funky hybrid. I'm stoked about your Kimbo. It's my favorite strain right now and I'm blowing up run after run of it as we speak! Look forward to smoke reports on your phenos. Much respect. Peace.

You ever use the glr method brother? That 11/13 is a beast.. i use that and 10/14 as well. And on satty doms, diminishing light schedule.. your kimbo is a beauty brother, enter her in the potm bro, holic has some kimbo beauts.. Fucking Winter of the kimbo with you dudes lol.
Respect

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
You ever use the glr method brother? That 11/13 is a beast.. i use that and 10/14 as well. And on satty doms, diminishing light schedule.. your kimbo is a beauty brother, enter her in the potm bro, holic has some kimbo beauts.. Fucking Winter of the kimbo with you dudes lol.
Respect
Never used glr in veg because I house moms in my veg area. . But diminishing light schedule is what I am using with the Kimbo. Since I also have SSH from mr nice going as well in same tent. Peace

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Never used glr in veg because I house moms in my veg area. . But diminishing light schedule is what I am using with the Kimbo. Since I also have SSH from mr nice going as well in same tent. Peace

Me and My brother @caveman4.20 will prolly stalk you for a bit to build some knowledge witcha. As we are both Heavy believers in the Glr and diminishing schedule, very surprised more arent using it.. Maybe the diminishing schedule brings colors out?? Hmmm
Tmb
Respect

Brotha

Brotha

IMG 0088
IMG 0098 2
IMG 0102 2
Since your posting Kimbo, mines 29 days in. Ton-O-Frost! Popped 2, one male, and this jewel! Male seeded out thick, pollen collected! On these I've dusted with, KK, Black Rose, Starfighter f2 LA, Tahoe Fighter f3, so I should have some jammin crosses to work with!
don't want to rob this thread, thought I would share.......

Last edited:
GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

View attachment 447163 View attachment 447164 View attachment 447165 Since your posting Kimbo, mines 29 days in. Ton-O-Frost! Popped 2, one male, and this jewel! Male seeded out thick, pollen collected! On these I've dusted with, KK, Black Rose, Starfighter f2 LA, Tahoe Fighter f3, so I should have some jammin crosses to work with!
don't want to rob this thread, thought I would share.......

Looking great bro! I have a couple similar looking pheno's myself. I am one week out from harvesting the Kimbo's so I will have pictures to follow. I know that's going to be some tasty smoke from being grown with love like that. Great job man!

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Me and My brother @caveman4.20 will prolly stalk you for a bit to build some knowledge witcha. As we are both Heavy believers in the Glr and diminishing schedule, very surprised more arent using it.. Maybe the diminishing schedule brings colors out?? Hmmm
Tmb
Respect
Here is a side by side comparison of finished flowers from the same Kimbo mother plant. The one on the left finished @11/13 under MHs at day 60 the one on the right finished under HPS @ 12/12 at day 60 Both grown in organic soil. The 11/13 lighting increased the resin coverage a little , increased the colorization a lot ,but decreased yield slightly.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Here is a side by side comparison of finished flowers from the same Kimbo mother plant. The one on the left finished @11/13 under MHs at day 60 the one on the right finished under HPS @ 12/12 at day 60 Both grown in organic soil. The 11/13 lighting increased the resin coverage a little , increased the colorization a lot ,but decreased yield slightly.View attachment 447262
Bang up job my brother,kimbo really enjoys staying under 80° for color,but will go apeshit under up to 84° with less color and more yield.I've had the pleasure of tweaking her every which way this last year and a half.you did her justice!

Last edited:
GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

Here is a side by side comparison of finished flowers from the same Kimbo mother plant. The one on the left finished @11/13 under MHs at day 60 the one on the right finished under HPS @ 12/12 at day 60 Both grown in organic soil. The 11/13 lighting increased the resin coverage a little , increased the colorization a lot ,but decreased yield slightly.View attachment 447262

That's killer. I like seeing the same cut finish in two different ways. Just like @thunderfudge said, you did her justice. I wished I had some Kimbo laying in front of me to smoke on right now like you have in that picture. :hungry: LOL

GrowAholiC

GrowAholiC

The Kimbo's are one week out from harvest. Here is a picture of Kimbo Kush #6. She does not have any colors to her at all but she is stacking like an absolute beast! There is a ton of bud packing onto Kimbo #6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom