Expecting a 'knock n talk'- now what?

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Prior to A64 out here in Colorado, the cops told me they were required to respond to every call, no matter what, it is filed under "public nuisance" and that is all they need to come and "tap n rap"...not sure how they treat it now though...kind of like callin the cops because you saw your neighbor drinkin a beer

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ah, the per se nuisance! Gotta love it. Out here it's even better when we're talking about smell. Anyone who buys property has to sign an Attachment A, aka the Right to Farm disclosure. It says, in a nut shell, that if you don't like the following:
Noise
Flies
Smells
then that's your tough shit, because this is now and always has been a farming community. So, we must smell shit, but everyone is being protected when they don't smell weed. Don't you love it?

dirk d

dirk d

My shit smells like roses, flies drop when they see me and the noise is only a problem if you get too close :) That's why I have one of those bumper stickers on my ass lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

My shit smells like roses, flies drop when they see me and the noise is only a problem if you get too close :) That's why I have one of those bumper stickers on my ass lol

I LOVE THIS! The next line should say, 'so get off my ass!'

ttystikk

ttystikk

I got no knock, and I'm pretty sure I would have been here if there was a nuisance call for smell.

Carbon filter blasts plenty of warm air, but it smells fine!

No one here has any concrete evidence of anything, per my long-standing policy of not telling my neighbors my business.

I do not and never have tolerated any drugs besides weed, alcohol (but not alcoholics!), and- reluctantly- tobacco, if they keep it outside and don't fucking litter their butts- and quit stealing my lighters! LOL

I think that means I'm pretty safe. My conspicuous consumer good, my car, is a ford taurus, lol. Not exactly a highly desirable, premium priced machine! So I don't live large. I think that helps.

And when the chips are down, I have lots of friends, who will drive through rush hour traffic to help me out and not even take gas money- you know who you are, thank you! Your generosity will not go unpunished!- and friends like these are worth more than money.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Still, you know, but you don't know....We all been there.
I fucking hate these types of assholes. Can't live near them anymore.

Maybe you should sue for harrassment and all the emotional stress it's caused...I know I wished it was a reality.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

My dad all always said 'good fences make good neighbors' lol,I have a few acres but if i build another one it will be on more,maybe 10-20,i have no idea how you can live in tracts/city and keep folks out of your business.Glad you did not have more of an issue,I bet cops get calls from busy body/nosy neighbors ALL the time,they most likely shine most of them on.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Oooookaaaay.....

So I walk down to the corner store for a bite to eat, and I'm not even a whole block from my porch when I walk past a neighbor's house. I recognize the SUV out front from the parking lot at my local grow store. There is a steady, plenty loud and notable fan rumble coming from a window on the side... of a home that shares my floor plan exactly. It might as well be my place, lol. I wonder if they know I grow, too?! I even use the same window they do to vent from my house!

putembk

putembk

Oooookaaaay.....

So I walk down to the corner store for a bite to eat, and I'm not even a whole block from my porch when I walk past a neighbor's house. I recognize the SUV out front from the parking lot at my local grow store. There is a steady, plenty loud and notable fan rumble coming from a window on the side... of a home that shares my floor plan exactly. It might as well be my place, lol. I wonder if they know I grow, too?! I even use the same window they do to vent from my house!
Funny, cannarado and I were having the same discussion last week when I was talking about the foot print I was leaving. And he assured me there were several 10,000 watt grows within a square mile of my house. That makes me a flea on an elephants ass. Everybody grows, at least tries to grow marijuana now. You aren't even a blimp on the radar screen. LEO doesn't want a trout, they want a great white.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Just don't want to be the biggest on the block...lol

Plant count is on its way down, even as cooling capacity and watts pulled continues to rise, lol. The hope is that elbows pulled per run rises, too!

Does anyone else think the idea of running a water to water heat exchange coil in my hot tub this winter sounds like a good way to shed excess heat? To save power, I won't run its heater at all. To keep it from freezing in deep winter, I can place the coil in there, and as long as the water in the tub remains below 60 F, it would provide free heating- and therefore freeze protection- for the hot tub. If it warms to the point where it doesn't help cool but air temperatures would, I could run the jet pump of my hot tub, blasting freezing cold air into the water. I know this heat loss is substantial since the hot tub's 4800W heater barely keeps up when it's running with us people in it!

putembk

putembk

Lol, he's not kidding. Pretty much saw this in action. Was lost the second I meant his dog. Amazing, how efficient vs something like I have. Yield vs cost embarrasses me.

ttystikk

ttystikk

But ... the winter's exactly when you want to use your hot tub!

And indeed you have a point. So, I will get a 500 gallon water tank and drop the same heat exchanger in it- and keep a pond of fish warm. I can still use the jetpump idea for cooling, as well as a fountain. Then, I will see about biodigesting the fish poop and feeding it to my plants via my RDWC system.

I really want a heat pump. It would make cold water for the usual uses. Then, I could take the hot water it makes and heat my house, my hot water tank AND the hot tub, and I would probably still have plenty left to shed! I need to rip out repour the driveway and front patio. I could put glycol/water lines underneath, and never shovel snow again, lol.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

I was thinking the same thing for heat exchange in my hot tub. Then I got the idea to make one of those indoor fountains like they have in Turkey, but it would heat instead of cool. I think it's a bit crazy, I still want to do it, but I don't think it's going to happen. I ran PEX pipe under my guestroom floor but it doesn't seem to exchange heat that efficiently (there's like 80 ft of PEX under there).
Kandilli_1.jpg

ttystikk

ttystikk

I was thinking the same thing for heat exchange in my hot tub. Then I got the idea to make one of those indoor fountains like they have in Turkey, but it would heat instead of cool. I think it's a bit crazy, I still want to do it, but I don't think it's going to happen. I ran PEX pipe under my guestroom floor but it doesn't seem to exchange heat that efficiently (there's like 80 ft of PEX under there).
Kandilli_1.jpg

The problem with heating a space with a fountain of HOT water is that you get humidity in the bargain, like it or not. I'm not sure how well that will work for you indoors- unless you're really trying to build a Turkish bath!

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Sput: Did you tape the tubing? Then seal it with insulation? May just be a problem of giving it the snug fit around the thermal mass you're trying to heat.

Natural

Natural

I agree with that Dopegeist...it works really well under a bed of mortar or buried in a layer of gypcrete.

putembk

putembk

Been almost a week now. Is your neighbor still talking/snooping around? Wondering if you are being watched or the whole thing has blown over. NT just had a close encounter in his car and can't believe they let him go. Thought for sure he was gonna get at least a duid based on what happened but they let him walk/drive away. Interesting thread until it got shut down. Thanks kolah.

Top Bottom