Experimental 2KW G13 4' X 8' SCROG

• Thread starter DrFeelGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrFeelGood

This looks friggin cool!

goodluck

Hey thanks SFZoo, I will try to post up weekly update pictures so you guys can see the progress first hand. I have been busy fighting my arch nemesis the Two Spotted Spider Mite, it appears from using many various treatments that I may have the Mendocino Super Mites unfortunately. Has anyone had luck with any product/ system of products on the Mendocino Super Mites?

Thanks again,

Dr FG

D

dank_

Hey thanks SFZoo, I will try to post up weekly update pictures so you guys can see the progress first hand. I have been busy fighting my arch nemesis the Two Spotted Spider Mite, it appears from using many various treatments that I may have the Mendocino Super Mites unfortunately. Has anyone had luck with any product/ system of products on the Mendocino Super Mites?

Thanks again,

Dr FG

MIGHTY WASH

Abek666

Abek666

this is even better then the skyskraper scrog you did befor this very nice clean and good thought throuth setup. mad props, btw i envy you everything from lights over strain to room size i think you are well dialled in so i wish you good results with your experiments i have subscribed to this thread so i will take a seat and watch over your shoulder from time to time, there are manny opurtunitys to learn new thing here so i wish you a nice grow:clapping

D

DrFeelGood

Im digging this Scrog for sure!! I did a round screen around a 430 hps, it was 3ft tall and 9 ft long opened up. thats 27 sq ft, How full is your screen gonna be when you flip them?

I am trying to fill the horizontal screen up all the way because I have not grown the G13 all the way through flower yet and I am unsure of how much stretch it will have.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

this is even better then the skyskraper scrog you did befor this very nice clean and good thought throuth setup. mad props, btw i envy you everything from lights over strain to room size i think you are well dialled in so i wish you good results with your experiments i have subscribed to this thread so i will take a seat and watch over your shoulder from time to time, there are manny opurtunitys to learn new thing here so i wish you a nice grow:clapping

Thanks!

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

Im digging this Scrog for sure!! I did a round screen around a 430 hps, it was 3ft tall and 9 ft long opened up. thats 27 sq ft, How full is your screen gonna be when you flip them?

Way to think in three dimensions, very nice! How did it yield? I plan to fill out the horizontal screen entirely before I flip it and hope that the ends fill in during flowering stretch. I am unsure how much G13 stretches though once the light cycle is flipped.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

Here are some updated pictures. There is about a foot and a half to go in each direction horizontally. I have been trimming back the chutes that have been shooting up on the horizontal section in all areas that are neither near a vertical screen nor the edge that I am trying to fill out. There are a couple shots of the first vines I am running up the vertical screens as well. I can't wait for this to be full and blooming like crazy!

Dr FG

5111 001
5111 002
5111 003
Abek666

Abek666

just one itty little bit crosses my mind you could have the full screen filled up by now when you had left some 20 shots of undergrowth and trained them thru the screen but i think you mentioned this was a mom so its clear why you dont have any undergrowth that could be trained... so long and keep up the good work (note to my self: "Get a house and start growing trees!!!")
see you

Abek666

Abek666

hmmm i looked over your last experiment again and i think this time you will hit much more than the last round what was btw an extrem good outcome but this time try not to cut the runners you have plenty of space there so fit them in the net and train every day will eventually when they not shade to much be better just my 2 cent

but i think you have your masterplan crafted for this girl so im looking forward whats going on over here hehe have fun

D

DrFeelGood

Flip flip flip!

I am just waiting to fill in the horizontal screen because I am unsure of the kind of stretch that the G13 has once flipped. I think it may take two more weeks at the rate that it is going.

Dr FG

D

DrFeelGood

Any pics of the new HEXASCROG setup yet??

The pics on the bottom on page 5 and on page 6 are of the Hexascrog, they already have the bisecting screen in place. The bisecting screen is the screen in the middle that looks like the net on a tennis court. I will take an updated set of pics tonight and post them up. Thanks for following along!

Dr FG

Abek666

Abek666

hola doc you not have switched yet? right! so think of repotting this gal in a bigger pot cause i think shes already rootbound and in stretch i have seen so much rootgrowth and corisbonding to this a big growth explosion so it will just benefit your outcome. i know its a pain in the ass to do something like that right now but you will see. More space for roots more bud, i know you know that too...

...i'm loocking forward to your update and i think it will devenetly be nice to let her go in this pot but i just think of it you will get much more...

have a nice day doc you are a genius scroger its so much fun to look at your setups and btw your equations are real nice bring some idears up in my mind cu soon...

D

DrFeelGood

Ok, she seems to be stretching at the rate of 6-8 inches in ten days so I will be vegging for hopefully only three, but maybe four more weeks. There is a foot to a foot and a half of length needed to fill the horizontal screen in the direction of most runners. The exception is the top right corner of pictures two and four, where there is closer to two feet to go. I can't wait to flip but I have to be patient for the sake of properly conducting the experiment. For the experiment to have the most meaning it must flowering with a full screen in all directions, and on all screens, at the point it is two weeks into flower ideally. I know you guys want to see her flipped but we have to wait a little longer.

Dr FG

51111 001
51111 002
51111 003
51111 004
Abek666

Abek666

loocking very nice! But really i thought it will grow bigger in these last 10 days but she will just need her time and i see you are going to give her that time. I thought u eventually let 10-15% from the screen open for the stretch training?

really funny is some other folks will say "oh look a sea of green" when they just see the ONE plant under the screen they go like "what the ..." you are my proof for manny visitors that say really big yields could be achived only with manny plants and not with few or just ONE like in your experiment that they are wrong thanks for that hehe

have a nice day

D

DrFeelGood

loocking very nice! But really i thought it will grow bigger in these last 10 days but she will just need her time and i see you are going to give her that time. I thought u eventually let 10-15% from the screen open for the stretch training?

really funny is some other folks will say "oh look a sea of green" when they just see the ONE plant under the screen they go like "what the ..." you are my proof for manny visitors that say really big yields could be achived only with manny plants and not with few or just ONE like in your experiment that they are wrong thanks for that hehe

have a nice day

I have been fending off Spider Mites, the little devils seem to slow growth down a bit for sure. I just figure if the horizontal screen is full, then the rest of the borders will mostly fill in the remaining foot during the first two weeks of flower, given the stretch rate is being observed at 6"-8" per ten days. If I manage to get rid of the SM then perhaps it will fill in faster.

If you consider the length of the screen being 8 ft and the borders having a height of 1 ft then I am actually leaving 20% of the length for stretch training. There is a total length of 8 + 1 + 1 = 10 ft and I am leaving 2ft/10ft = 20%.

Dr FG

Top Bottom