Experimental 2KW G13 4' X 8' SCROG

• Thread starter DrFeelGood
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrFeelGood

This will be an experimental grow with a monstrously huge G13 mother plant that is in one of my homemade XXL no leak "Earthbox" style planters that have the water level meter modification on them.

Lets see what a big plant in a huge pot grown into a giant screen with 2KW of horizontal light on it is capable of yielding. Join me on a scientific journey/experiment this should prove educational and fun:evilgrin0040:. I think having the two lights angled on the Skyscrogger helped yield out but the two horizontal lights and larger screen should have a much greater effect.

This will be my fourth time setting up a SCROG, and my third run through since the Skyscrogger was my first run through , and the RDWC SCROG was my second run through finishing just after the Skyscrogger.

The first shot is a pre-screening shot, there are three of the 4' X 8' X 5' PVC frame I built and 2 of the 4' X 8' screen that I am going to veg the G13 momma into:anim_09:.

Dr FG

Prescreening
Frame 1
Frame 2
Frame 3
Screen 1
Screen 2
C

casmel

Subscribed . make shure you can get to the plant from both sides . seems interesting . Nice motherplant .

D

DrFeelGood

Subscribed . make shure you can get to the plant from both sides . seems interesting . Nice motherplant .

You have an excellent point there Casmel, but I am not sure i have enough room to back it off the wall unfortunately. I will have to get creative to reach the backside if I can't space it perfectly. I may have to move it to another location in the room, in the middle row perhaps, it is the only location that would allow me to reach both sides.

Dr FG

phenotyper

phenotyper

Awesome, I cannot wait to see the screen fill up! Subscribed.

D

DrFeelGood

I just finished moving it to the center row, it would have been impossible to move once it got into the screen. Thanks tor the suggestion Casmel, and thank you and Phenotyper for being the first ones to subscribe!

DR FG

D

DrFeelGood

I just finally finished Scrogging this G13 momma out- after the many hours of intensive labor that was required to turn the bushiest plant I have ever grown into a viney scrog monster! I need to think of a cool and appropriate name for her/ her grow. If anyone has a good suggestion for her name let me know. Here are a few shots of her in the newly installed 4' X 8' screen.

Dr FG

Scrogged 1
Scrogged 2
Scrogged 3
Scrogged 4
B

budseyeveiw

if you read some of the threads around, the best way to scrog is to train the plant into the scrog over the vegging time. seems like alot of people use the word scrog, when they are only supporting the plant with the netting. anyway good luck bro i hope it goes good.
it looks like you cut about 80% percent of the plant away.

D

DrFeelGood

if you read some of the threads around, the best way to scrog is to train the plant into the scrog over the vegging time. seems like alot of people use the word scrog, when they are only supporting the plant with the netting. anyway good luck bro i hope it goes good.
it looks like you cut about 80% percent of the plant away.

It is vegging into the screen a this point. Yeah this thing was so bushy I ended up cutting away a good 2/3 or even slightly more off in order to make vines out of her branches and take maximum advantage of her vasculature.

Dr FG

S

sfzoo

damn, what a transformation.

how long you intend to veg? or are you flipping soon?

D

DrFeelGood

Loving the work! Thank you for sharing. Best wishes!

damn, what a transformation.

how long you intend to veg? or are you flipping soon?

Thanks Apache69! I am going to veg it until the screen fills in and trim out any of the chutes that start to run up in the middle until it is full. I have another trick/ idea up my sleeve that I will share with you all later!

Dr FG

C

casmel

It is vegging into the screen a this point. Yeah this thing was so bushy I ended up cutting away a good 2/3 or even slightly more off in order to make vines out of her branches and take maximum advantage of her vasculature.

Dr FG
This scrog seems very reasonable . It will also grow alot when flipped into 12/12 so yeah it doesnt need much vegging . Nice approach to the vasculature , its important , you know , you have to feel the branches leading into the dirt and to the roots . Greets . :smiley_joint:

D

DrFeelGood

This scrog seems very reasonable . It will also grow alot when flipped into 12/12 so yeah it doesnt need much vegging . Nice approach to the vasculature , its important , you know , you have to feel the branches leading into the dirt and to the roots . Greets . :smiley_joint:

Casmel I was thinking of your advice to trim the weaker branches when I made the vines, and that was when it made the most sense to me that you are just maximizing the use of the available vasculature, while decreasing the amount of branches so that they are not competing with each other for nutrients, light, and air circulation. Good advice my friend, thank you!

Dr FG

V

Voodoo Child

Can't wait to see this mother grow, best of luck to you Dr FG!

VC

C

casmel

Casmel I was thinking of your advice to trim the weaker branches when I made the vines, and that was when it made the most sense to me that you are just maximizing the use of the available vasculature, while decreasing the amount of branches so that they are not competing with each other for nutrients, light, and air circulation. Good advice my friend, thank you!

Dr FG

yea exactly how hard could it be you , like the stem and the roots they have to work out somehow . The rootmass has it maximum cabability in this container. I wouldnt go over that .But you coulsd have taken down a littlebit less, my method was flipping(lights 12/12) it in , then cut down the undergrowth because you have to determine bud growth strenght also and at the same time keeping the plant strong enough to survive the cut . And after cutting down first bud undergrowth you have to change the shape of the plant stem grow shape(basicly rearrange the scrog ) . And after that i let it light cycle for several weeks 3-4 weeks and then cut down the remaining undergrowth whats green and weak and what is too "mercy" and then let it cycle the remining last cycle weeks .I was often nervous because i i though i might cut it down too much but i turned out great . But you really have to understand the sort and typ of the plant because they are different in moods and needs and dependant on the environment .

D

DrFeelGood

I am going to have to go and get some Roots Excelerator for what I have planned :evilgrin0040: to make sure the 27 Gallon box ends up with a lot of roots. Too bad that stuff is so expensive! Has anyone found something similar that works as well but is less expensive? This is going to be an awesome run :harvest:.

Dr FG

C

casmel

I am going to have to go and get some Roots Excelerator for what I have planned :evilgrin0040: to make sure the 27 Gallon box ends up with a lot of roots. Too bad that stuff is so expensive! Has anyone found something similar that works as well but is less expensive? This is going to be an awesome run :harvest:.

Dr FG

I wouldnt worry about the roots , they are probably almost at theyr maximum .when are you going to flip is the question . *Looking forward gl . Im getting my diesel plant flipped soon also .

E

evmcg

I am going to have to go and get some Roots Excelerator for what I have planned to make sure the 27 Gallon box ends up with a lot of roots. Too bad that stuff is so expensive! Has anyone found something similar that works as well but is less expensive?

In my opinion, superthrive does just about as much as roots excel. The roots excel definitely gives it another kick, but I can't decide if it warrants the extra expense. Hard to say, but anyway, DFG, LOVE what you've got going. I just switched to the same type of method, I am loving it so far, and you are killing it with the 4x8 net! I'm doing 2-3 15 gals per 1000w Raptor, haven't gotten quite as big as you've taken it..lol, but it gives me something to shoot for, keep it green!

Top Bottom