Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

By the way, GorwersHouse quoted me $115.50 each for the Gavita UVR’s plus small delivery charge. Shame it’s not what I need, pretty reasonable pricing. I’ll be getting the HGL’s, and they still haven’t responded to my email regarding spacing and coverage.

M0nStarNuggety

M0nStarNuggety

Supporter
Alright one vote for mistake and one vote for redeemable! I’ll maybe do one at a time of these girls moving forward, so if they do turn out unstable, I won’t be watching 4 plants at once for sudden dicks
I grew 2 of Expert strains outdoor this year. Haze and Cheese. I did not have any issues, but I get seeds no matter what on my outdoor. Wonderful ditch weed growing wild throughout the area. It's unavoidable for me. I have a few more so I guess time will tell really. I just ordered these early 2019

sshz

sshz

Obviously not every strain they do puts off hermies............I can only comment from my own experience and spending many hours on the net searching out others grows of their stuff. All my grows of their stuff was in 2017 though, and things do change sometimes. My suggestion for everybody would be so your homework before buying anything other than Sweet Zombie.

Expert Seeds is out of Ireland and you'll have to dig deep on some of the Euro pot sites to find grow diaries, but it's out there for everyone to see. Also, Youtube is carrying more and more grows, it's my first stop now.

sshz

sshz

I heard back from HLG regarding their “red” led supplement bar.....here’s their answer:

“The supplement bar can cover up to a 4 by 4 area.”

So I’ll only need two of them, 1 for each side. So for slightly over $300, I can get the bars to help with the plant shortness problem.

I’ll now probably wait to install the master controller too and just do it all at the same time.

Cracken

Cracken

I heard back from HLG regarding their “red” led supplement bar.....here’s their answer:

“The supplement bar can cover up to a 4 by 4 area.”

So I’ll only need two of them, 1 for each side. So for slightly over $300, I can get the bars to help with the plant shortness problem.

I’ll now probably wait to install the master controller too and just do it all at the same time.
So will you be running the red to help increase the size of the plant during vege to shorten the time and turn off during flower? My thoughts are bigger cell size and larger leaves will result in longer node spacing. Maybe i am wrong. Just thinking out loud here.
I know geneticts will be the main factor in the plants structure but as we all know light source and spectrum can also influence the overall structure and final yield. Maybe next grow you can do a side by side comparrison with vege only one side and full run the other side.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I’ve asked GrowersHouse to produce a quote for 2 of them, let’s see what they come up with........

sshz

sshz

Tangent night tonight......... as most of you can probably assume, there are some discussions that go on behind the scenes in all my threads, and recently a friend asked me, "how did you get to growing?"................ well, he asked for it, here's the true story-

In my early 30's, I had just sold a group of mall retail stores my dad and I owned, and I was trying to figure out what to move on to.......... I had an accounting degree and an MBA in Finance, and KNEW I didn't want to be an accountant anymore (my first 2 jobs). AND, I had a love for pot way above the normal man.......

The growing was fun and I was learning a lot, but for me back then- it was all about smoking good/great/#1. I wasn't able to get top shelf. I was paying top dollar (300/oz) for the best in the city- and it became too hit and miss. Lots of buds came dried out, were smaller (I was the last stop on the distribution chain) and sometimes ok or good, but never GREAT. Again, I was last in the food chain. Now what you don't know, most younger people start smoking (years ago mind you) shitty ass crap, and then search out better smoke as they make more money. I, on the other hand- started at the tops of smoke, so I was spoiled.

My next door neighbor, a few years older than me- was in Temple Dental School, and had connections we all just dream about. Straight from California thru another dental student- Maui Waui- small, lime green, piney buds. Psychedelic, racing buzz that went on and on and on. A wonderful piney flavor, smoked came thru tasty and biting at the same time. It came around every Xmas for a few years and cost me 300 per each and every time.

So, I was buying pot the rest of the year from other people too and was disappointed most of the time. I knew I could grow better pot than I was buying (at ridiculous prices).......... I was probably spending around $4K a year on pot, making my dealer rich. I had had enough- if you want it done right, do it yourself. I signed a lease- I'm in the marijuana growing business.

Next Chapter: The Industrial Park

sshz

sshz

And a pic of one partial side tonight, using a green flashlight and iPad........... I've been picking off a few leaves every day, when I see it blocking a bud site below it.

IMG 0268

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Tangent night tonight......... as most of you can probably assume, there are some discussions that go on behind the scenes in all my threads, and recently a friend asked me, "how did you get to growing?"................ well, he asked for it, here's the true story-

In my early 30's, I had just sold a group of mall retail stores my dad and I owned, and I was trying to figure out what to move on to.......... I had an accounting degree and an MBA in Finance, and KNEW I didn't want to be an accountant anymore (my first 2 jobs). AND, I had a love for pot way above the normal man.......

The growing was fun and I was learning a lot, but for me back then- it was all about smoking good/great/#1. I wasn't able to get top shelf. I was paying top dollar (300/oz) for the best in the city- and it became too hit and miss. Lots of buds came dried out, were smaller (I was the last stop on the distribution chain) and sometimes ok or good, but never GREAT. Again, I was last in the food chain. Now what you don't know, most younger people start smoking (years ago mind you) shitty ass crap, and then search out better smoke as they make more money. I, on the other hand- started at the tops of smoke, so I was spoiled.

My next door neighbor, a few years older than me- was in Temple Dental School, and had connections we all just dream about. Straight from California thru another dental student- Maui Waui- small, lime green, piney buds. Psychedelic, racing buzz that went on and on and on. A wonderful piney flavor, smoked came thru tasty and biting at the same time. It came around every Xmas for a few years and cost me 300 per each and every time.

So, I was buying pot the rest of the year from other people too and was disappointed most of the time. I knew I could grow better pot than I was buying (at ridiculous prices).......... I was probably spending around $4K a year on pot, making my dealer rich. I had had enough- if you want it done right, do it yourself. I signed a lease- I'm in the marijuana growing business.

Next Chapter: The Industrial Park
So you went straight to commercial and had a plausible cover with a history with legit use of commercial real estate. Interesting.

sshz

sshz

So you went straight to commercial and had a plausible cover with a history with legit use of commercial real estate. Interesting.

Well, not quite. My dad at the time, who was in his late 50's- was dating a daughter of a big "Mob" guy, you would probably recognize the name if I told you. Long story short, I was put in touch with someone who owned or had a partial ownership in the industrial park, and something was worked out. With them, I didn't have to worry about a "landlord" snooping around or wanting to inspect the premises. All they cared about was the monthly cash rent for the facility. I guess all told I had about 3,500 sq. ft., totally unfinished.

The story is far from finished of course, I'll post the next chapter in Dec sometime..........

sshz

sshz

That sure seems like a lot of bud sites. How tall now?

The tallest plant in the room, from the top of the pot, is 20 inches. Most of the others are around 15-16 inches.

That's also a terrible picture............there's probably 5X more bud sites that don't show up because my photography sucks.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I heard back from GrowersHOuse regarding the HLG 60 supplemental fixtures- $143 each plus around $25 shipping. Once he sends me an invoice, I'm buying them.

Anthem and I have an ongoing conversation......he's basically growing with the same LED's and places his lights at 8 ft. at the beginning of veg and lets the plants grow upwards. He has no issues with his plants staying short. Me on the other hand- have my lights much lower- between 3-4 ft. at the start and everything stays super short. So I'm assuming if I placed them much higher, it would help the plants stretch more.

Plants will stretch more searching for more light......if you provide all the light they need, they have no reason to stretch looking for it. That's probably what's going on here.

sshz

sshz

And I did hear back from the seed reseller regarding the NL 2 X 5.......they are based out of the UK, and will take Paypal for payment. I need to do more research, as I'm concerned about yield with this one. I'll report back if I find out more info.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Well, not quite. My dad at the time, who was in his late 50's- was dating a daughter of a big "Mob" guy, you would probably recognize the name if I told you. Long story short, I was put in touch with someone who owned or had a partial ownership in the industrial park, and something was worked out. With them, I didn't have to worry about a "landlord" snooping around or wanting to inspect the premises. All they cared about was the monthly cash rent for the facility. I guess all told I had about 3,500 sq. ft., totally unfinished.

The story is far from finished of course, I'll post the next chapter in Dec sometime..........
Nice. Yeah, i can see how that landlord arrangement could be conducive to a productive relationship from a few angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom