Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Not much going on.............but I am starting to think about if it makes sense to veg under HPS and flower under LED. Plants are only a few inches high at almost 2 weeks.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

I reckon plants would stop or slow for a week after changing under a different light as they adjust to the different intensity of the leds? Are they growing slower than you expect sshz.i thought the leds throw out more white than the hps..

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

With your gavita you have the reds and such reading this article I found it kinda implies with the far red it will focus on root growth as much as upward growth and the stronger your roots are the shorter fatter yoyr plant will end up overall being healthy and not searching for the light maybe they are shorter because the light is better? https://www.growweedeasy.com/color-spectrum-marijuana-grow-light
I could be completely wrong but I'm in sorta the same category of light frequency and mine from seed didnt really get tall until i switched to flower. I definitely do not have the experience or intelligence you do in the area but its a thought.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Not much going on.............but I am starting to think about if it makes sense to veg under HPS and flower under LED. Plants are only a few inches high at almost 2 weeks.

Any thoughts?
Not sure if you’re a fan of transplanting but what works for me is 1/2 solo cups to start, 3 weeks in cups then transplant to 3 gal for a week and flip at around 30 days. Allows for better established roots going into the larger pot. I’ll show you a picture of my clones that rooted September 3rd. I just transplanted 4 days ago and will top and flip in a week. This is my experience.

clones on the right are 31 days from rooting. The plants on the left are all in 1/2 gal cups waiting for transplant. 29 days from being popped. Hope this helps a little.
burnz

sshz

sshz

I totally expected this with the Sweet Zombie, as I grew it before and it stayed fairly short in veg under HPS too. I already mentioned previously that I expected to have to go 5 weeks veg anyway. I was just thinking out loud that if you want bigger and taller plants early on, the HPS might make more sense and then switch to the LED to minimize the stretch in flowering.

I had an idea- Tues is 2 weeks in veg. Here is a pic of the last time I grew them at 2 weeks......not much difference actually- I'd say it will be identical in growth. A current pic up Tues.

sshz

sshz

And believe it or not, I bought 5 new packs of Irie Seeds tonight. Strain is called "BeBop"..........

BEBOP

( Arise X Blueberry Cookies)

Flavors and Aromas: Blueberries, Skittles, Tropical Fruit, Citrus, Mango, Hints of Kush

Effects: Stoned, Mellow, Euphoric

Flowering Time: 56-67 Days

Yield: Huge Yields

Potency: 28% THC-A

Details: These plants grow with hyper vigor and produce huge harvest. The blend of blueberry and tropical fruit makes an amazing array of funky tropical flavors backed by hints of Kush.

And a pic........

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
The sweet zombie I'm running has basically flown. Idk if I coaxed a weird pheno out by running my lights at 17/7 and then 11/13, but that girl has great branching just like chemdog. She has shown really strong vigor.

But I mean, at this point I am totally focused on the roots as a new grower.

Hope the wedding was great!

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Any thoughts?
I think you can get away with that. Especially if its already a short bushy plant. My only concern would be spectrum and the difference it would make in internode length.

sshz

sshz

It’s possible I may set up another hps room and just start plants under it for a few weeks, then switch it over to the LED room- I just need to think it about it. With an 85% sativa under our belts already, and now this 95% indica, I think we’ll have it all covered and can make an intelligent decision based on how this crop performs moving forward. Again, I’m not worried, just throwing it out there to contemplate.

Regarding the new Irie seeds purchase, this breeder is just like Ethos Genetics. Not necessarily is quality, but surely in yield. They obviously breed for it, which make my job easier. At $55 a pack, it’s hard to go wrong I think.

And, the Zombie has very uniform pattern of growth, you won’t see much difference at all plant to plant. So Milson, it just must be your style of growing as it pertains to the strain. As I’ve said, it did put out a lot of branching, which I ended up throwing out last grow because it was so behind from the leaves blocking the lower stuff. Make sure you defoliate those monster sun leaves often- let the light shine thru buddy.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
It’s possible I may set up another hps room and just start plants under it for a few weeks, then switch it over to the LED room- I just need to think it about it. With an 85% sativa under our belts already, and now this 95% indica, I think we’ll have it all covered and can make an intelligent decision based on how this crop performs moving forward. Again, I’m not worried, just throwing it out there to contemplate.

Regarding the new Irie seeds purchase, this breeder is just like Ethos Genetics. Not necessarily is quality, but surely in yield. They obviously breed for it, which make my job easier. At $55 a pack, it’s hard to go wrong I think.

And, the Zombie has very uniform pattern of growth, you won’t see much difference at all plant to plant. So Milson, it just must be your style of growing as it pertains to the strain. As I’ve said, it did put out a lot of branching, which I ended up throwing out last grow because it was so behind from the leaves blocking the lower stuff. Make sure you defoliate those monster sun leaves often- let the light shine thru buddy.
Yeah man I have been defoliating according to Rasta Jeff. I pull those HUGE sun leaves and within days a branch has popped up to take the space. Happened twice now. Going for time three starting on Thursday when I am in week 3 of flower. The sun leaves are amazing though, bigger than my face. Even a little bigger than Chemdog, who has also been pushing them out. Really they have grown pretty similarly since defoliation began.

The two hash plant structures to the right of the Chemdog and Sweet Zombie have the hash plant central cola structure, so I really notice the difference.

sshz

sshz

The pic above is the Sweet Zombie under HPS, not LED's- from my previous grow of the strain. I never used to measure the heights of those lights, just judged it by how the plants looked to me. A 2 week pic of my room will be up tomorrow............

But right now, the LED's are 36 inches away, but I'll probably lower them a few inches tomorrow. I'm also in the process of trading some seeds and smoke for a Gavita master controller and LED adapter's for my LED's, which will be a help of sorts and some more toys to automate the room.

sshz

sshz

Mm trying to find a uk vendor for this strain

Go to the Irie Seeds site, where they list all the vendors world wide that carry their seeds. If the vendor doesn't have them, ask to get them for you- which many can and will do.

sshz

sshz

This is a pic from the old room of CSI- Humboldt's WiFi #43 X Bubba Kush...........it's being posted for someone to view who I gave some seeds of it too. The seeds were gifted to me from friends in Denver. Not the best yielder but fine smoke. I think I had 2 rooms going at this time, this one had 16 plants in it.

Wifi

sshz

sshz

I pulled one the plants up tonight........ a few of the pots have 2 plants in them, in case I needed a replacement or two. And sure enough, one plant was having a tough time of it- it's main stem was "S" shaped and would have had issues later on holding weight. So I replaced her with another from a "two" pot. Unfortunately, that plant experienced a lot of stress in the move and wasn't doing well either. I want my plants healthy or they're "outa here". Growing sick plants sucks and are often not worth the time and effort. So I started a couple of the "Turkish Cookies" by Dr. GreenThumb. Let's see if they pop first, then I'll talk about them. If they don't sprout, I'll move forward with 23 plants and a bit of extra room on the left side of the room.

Tomorrow I'll take a pic of the room to compare against post #65 which were grown under HPS in 2017 at 2 weeks veg. I think I'm a bit behind with the LED's but not by much- maybe 10-15%.

Remember all the defoliation in the last grow........... and the leaves just kept coming back and back and back. I'm thinking about how this Sweet Zombie is really leafy too. I'm actually expecting a friggin "leaf love fest" this crop.

Lastly tonight, I wanted to give some updates on the Orange Gasm. No need to go back to the old thread but for those who followed, Orange G. is turning into something REALLY special. PEOPLE ARE MADLY IN LOVE WITH IT. About 86 of the 106 are in new homes now, and the raves just keep coming. The Platinum Tangie early leaning stuff has a wonderful "sour" about it- very smelly, and everyone is commenting on it. I've just started to send off some of the Golden Goat later flowering stuff, and the reviews are even better. More sweet with mild citrus undertones, and definitely more potent. It's like a 2 for 1 special. LOL It's not overwhelming but it's probably an 8/10 on the potency meter(remember, I'm a hard grader) but others would say I'm crazy and grade it a 9.5/10 or a 10. It's also truly delicious, the kind of pot you just want to keep smoking all thru the day. It's improving with age, like a fine wine. For me, this pot is perfect for a "snowy day".......... a happy, up buzz getting you more stoned than high. Or is it the other way around? This is why you just saw me buy the "Bebop" strain yesterday............ this guy did a very nice job with this strain- it gets high marks in many areas- yield, ease of growth, yield, smell and taste, yield, great plant structure and yield.

Room pic's up tomorrow........

Last edited:
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Golden Goat later flowering stuff, and the reviews are even better. More sweet with mild citrus undertones, and definitely more potent.

Thats kind of how my outdoor turned out this year. Not bad, but I prefer a more in your face undeniable citrus in a citrus strain. Going to keep searching.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I pulled one the plants up tonight........ a few of the pots have 2 plants in them, in case I needed a replacement or two. And sure enough, one plant was having a tough time of it- it's main stem was "S" shaped and would have had issues later on holding weight. So I replaced her with another from a "two" pot. Unfortunately, that plant experienced a lot of stress in the move and wasn't doing well either. I want my plants healthy or they're "outa here". Growing sick plants sucks and are often not worth the time and effort. So I started a couple of the "Turkish Cookies" by Dr. GreenThumb. Let's see if they pop first, then I'll talk about them. If they don't sprout, I'll move forward with 23 plants and a bit of extra room on the left side of the room.

Tomorrow I'll take a pic of the room to compare against post #65 which were grown under HPS in 2017 at 2 weeks veg. I think I'm a bit behind with the LED's but not by much- maybe 10-15%.

Remember all the defoliation in the last grow........... and the leaves just kept coming back and back and back. I'm thinking about how this Sweet Zombie is really leafy too. I'm actually expecting a friggin "leaf love fest" this crop.

Lastly tonight, I wanted to give some updates on the Orange Gasm. No need to go back to the old thread but for those who followed, Orange G. is turning into something REALLY special. PEOPLE ARE MADLY IN LOVE WITH IT. About 86 of the 106 are in new homes now, and the raves just keep coming. The Platinum Tangie early leaning stuff has a wonderful "sour" about it- very smelly, and everyone is commenting on it. I've just started to send off some of the Golden Goat later flowering stuff, and the reviews are even better. More sweet with mild citrus undertones, and definitely more potent. It's like a 2 for 1 special. LOL It's not overwhelming but it's probably an 8/10 on the potency meter(remember, I'm a hard grader) but others would say I'm crazy and grade it a 9.5/10 or a 10. It's also truly delicious, the kind of pot you just want to keep smoking all thru the day. It's improving with age, like a fine wine. For me, this pot is perfect for a "snowy day".......... a happy, up buzz getting you more stoned than high. Or is it the other way around? This is why you just saw me buy the "Bebop" strain yesterday............ this guy did a very nice job with this strain- it gets high marks in many areas- yield, ease of growth, yield, smell and taste, yield, great plant structure and yield.

Room pic's up tomorrow........
My experience corroborates this lol. Very leafy, but not precious about them.

I am happy for the positive ending for orange gasm. I'd still prefer all the phenos of something I run for production to finish within 10 days of each other but obviously if the end product is well-received then that has to be accounted for too. Frankly if the reviews are this good then as a seller you can probably guess people will be very interested in another strain from the same breeder. So yeah, sounds like a profitable purchase. I am interested in his Arise strain, so I'm happy to see you picked one with Arise, as that is probably using King Solomon (for podcast listeners) and that's obviously his stud male.

Btw for those who don't listen, Arise is Golden Goat x Day breaker, which has a bunch of chemdog in it iirc. Golden Goat is a pheno of Island Sweet Skunk and Romulan I want to say? Accidental. Rasta Jeff has a seed version of it that he made using Arise (he chose a pheno just like GG and stabilized it?) but I think it's mostly clone only.

sshz

sshz

I believe you are correct Milson.......the Arise seems to be his “special” strain right now. I just got another great review as my friend said it was well received by everyone, and people can’t stop talking about it. And yes, it’s not an in-your-face citrus but it is noticeable. Disappointing though it doesn’t come thru when smoking, but that’s not saying it isn’t tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom