Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Found this on the Sensi Seeds website in an article about marijuana leaves.....Australian Bastard Weed. This is considered the most "striking" mutation in cannabis growing..........Hey Max, ever seen this???

Australian bastard cannabis 768x576

Madmax

Madmax

Nar..never seen it up close.but heard of it.grows in sydney on coast and few other areas..they are spose to b very very small plants..i wouldnt mind some in my yard actually growing wild...hey @One drop you know much on this ..

Madmax

Madmax

Hey sshz ..are you going to up your pot size if you go an extra 2 weeks ..say to 7 gallon or will you just feed them a little more than your normal routine..

sshz

sshz

Not necessary........I'm already in 5 gallon pots (which are actually 4 gallon in volume) but since the plants are so small anyway, I don't think it makes any sense. I don't do any pre-timed feeding, I just feed/water when they begin to need it, every 3-4 days right now but that will drop to every day or every other day as they get bigger. And still waiting to see the impact of the dehumidifier in the winter months, or if it's even necessary.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Time will tell I guess......... I expect these to be a ft tall when I flower. The Orange Gasm gained all of 6-8 inches in flowering- these will probably stretch less. First a sativa, now an indica and it will give me a good baseline moving forward. I still believe I could be growing a haze and it would be short and stocky. LOL

Hey SSHZ , just getting caught up on your new thread , just got back from down your way some beautiful country down there. I'm really liking that orange gasm, planted 2 to check them out, topped 1 felt the other grow normal both are very similar plants very big sturdy bush, thick branches, easy to see they will be monster yeilders. especially the topped one, sent them to flower when they were about 3.5 feet high there about 4.5 to 5 now , week 3 of flower. so not really as much stretch as I thought.

Your sweet zombie looks to be doing good, can't wait to see how it finishes, That will probably be in my next run

sshz

sshz

Hey Dr........been wondering where you were. I forgot school was pushed back from Sept. to Oct. Virginia is very nice, once you get away from the cities. Alexandria has experienced so much growth over the years, it's a different place since I lived there. Houses are way too expensive for me there, and I live in a $500K house. LOL

My only concern, and this is the first time I've mentioned it- is I grew it last in early 2017 and I can guarantee you Expert Seeds has had at least 2-3 seed runs on it since then. I can name numerous strains that went downhill on subsequent seed runs- lost parents, poor mother selection, genetic drift, etc., etc.- so it's important to hold any opinions until one of us finishes a run of it. Maybe it will be better too, who knows.

But I am happy to report that I rubbed some main stems tonight and the smell staggered me a bit. Very strong and very, very nice so that's encouraging. Other than the slow going, the plant looks terrific and the next two weeks should be interesting.

Regarding the Turkish Cookies from Dr. GreenThumb- I started 5 beans, 3 sprouted and I planted the largest 2 sprouts. One of them struggled, so 1 is still going but it weeks behind. This is more a test of quality, as I'd love to smoke a bit of it. With only 2 more weeks of growth, I'll be lucky to get a 1/2 off her.

Pic's up in the morning...

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Found this on the Sensi Seeds website in an article about marijuana leaves.....Australian Bastard Weed. This is considered the most "striking" mutation in cannabis growing..........Hey Max, ever seen this???

View attachment 1042673

I agree it's one of the most striking, but I think this Whorled phyllotaxy is the most useful, and also the most beautiful.

This is my White Widow photoperiod with a whorled phyllotaxy. Bushy as hell.

IMG 20201013 025617
IMG 20201013 025632
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hey Dr........been wondering where you were. I forgot school was pushed back from Sept. to Oct. Virginia is very nice, once you get away from the cities. Alexandria has experienced so much growth over the years, it's a different place since I lived there. Houses are way too expensive for me there, and I live in a $500K house. LOL

My only concern, and this is the first time I've mentioned it- is I grew it last in early 2017 and I can guarantee you Expert Seeds has had at least 2-3 seed runs on it since then. I can name numerous strains that went downhill on subsequent seed runs- lost parents, poor mother selection, genetic drift, etc., etc.- so it's important to hold any opinions until one of us finishes a run of it. Maybe it will be better too, who knows.

But I am happy to report that I rubbed some main stems tonight and the smell staggered me a bit. Very strong and very, very nice so that's encouraging. Other than the slow going, the plant looks terrific and the next two weeks should be interesting.

Regarding the Turkish Cookies from Dr. GreenThumb- I started 5 beans, 3 sprouted and I planted the largest 2 sprouts. One of them struggled, so 1 is still going but it weeks behind. This is more a test of quality, as I'd love to smoke a bit of it. With only 2 more weeks of growth, I'll be lucky to get a 1/2 off her.

Pic's up in the morning...
Jeez, 1 for 5 on decent plants from seed is.... disconcerting. Bit of a bullet dodged?

sshz

sshz

So 3 weeks done vegging today with this slow growing strain. It's slowly picking up speed though, the next 2-3 should how nice growth and then on to flowering. Here's both sides of the room as of this morning. The one pot that looks empty actually has the lone Turkish Cookies baby in there, the bastard child I guess. I'm curious how much she'll catch up........overall though, a very healthy room of plants with no issues what's so ever.

IMG 0243
IMG 0244

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

They’re taking their time but they sure are gorgeous plants. Curious, do you subscribe to VPD at all? I don’t have experience enough to speak on it but I wonder how that influences growth rates in relation to the environment in your room.

Growingfather

Growingfather

Hey sshz I forget r u still debating on running co2 in this room. I’m pretty sure everybody would love to see how you would do if it was added.

😉(give the people wat they want) lol

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Y'all aren't ready for what these girls have in the locker imo....they are going to put on a show. Get their roots fully under them and pop. They are close now I think.

Growingfather

Growingfather

Y'all aren't ready for what these girls have in the locker imo....they are going to put on a show. Get their roots fully under them and pop. They are close now I think.
See now u hyped it up....im expecting big thing!!!!! Lol

sshz

sshz

Milson, you've been saying that for 2 weeks. LOL These lights just don't allow much stretch, I've accepted that. I want them at 1 foot, then I'll start flowering them. After the Orange Gasm grow, I know I can produce massive weight with short plants. Actually, I'm not disappointed as it makes the grow SO MUCH EASIER in the long run.

No CO2, why bother with it. What am I going to do, increase weight another 10-15%- that another 10-15 oz? I told everyone that final weight would be the deciding factor and it was decided for me. 106 oz from the last grow is plenty for a single grow. I still have the Exhale bags hanging in there, which are supposed to last around 6 months. But with the exhaust running while the lights are on, I don't see how it's worth it (very much, anyway). The CO2 increases the growth rate so much, it would just be more to handle. I've also heard from 2 LED companies that are interested in me doing a documented grow with their lights, so I'm in early discussion with both of them (which means a second room!) if I move forward with one of them.

Regarding VPD, In cannabis cultivation, VPD refers to the difference between vapor pressure within a plant and the vapor pressure of the air surrounding the plant. VPD is responsible for driving a process in the plant known as transpiration, which directly impacts plant health.

To be honest, I'm more of a meat and potatoes guy- as opposed to others on here, I don't dwell on the details, just the results. I was a Biology major in college- lots of plant knowledge (although I ended up with an accounting degree and then an MBA in Finance), ran the 2nd largest organic farm (875 acres) in the U.S. and was a Director of Operations for a large Garden Store chain in my area. My background allows fine results with basic knowledge, but lets not forget all the growing too since 1988 (12 + 20= 32 years- Oh my god, I'm old). LOL

sshz

sshz

See now u hyped it up....im expecting big thing!!!!! Lol

These will not get big, and will probably be shorter than the Orange Gasm in the end. BUT, the cola's will be massive- especially the center one. I'm already worrying about mold with those guys. At least the heat in the house will be running by then, which should help out the drying process. Just accept the fact that short plants will be the norm moving forward, no matter the strain.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

The experience shows in your results, for sure. I respect the KISS approach, I’m hoping that by picking an RH and temp combo for optimal VPD that also minimizes mold/PM risk, I’ll be able to do as little work as possible keeping things healthy. Trying to develop some fundamental tenets for my grows that will inform the rest of my decisions. You clearly have yours, and it’s working out perfectly. Speaking of which, I finally started my journal this morning. If any of you guys care to look it over and tell me if I’m making any noob mistakes I’d definitely appreciate it, lol.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Milson, you've been saying that for 2 weeks. LOL These lights just don't allow much stretch, I've accepted that. I want them at 1 foot, then I'll start flowering them. After the Orange Gasm grow, I know I can produce massive weight with short plants. Actually, I'm not disappointed as it makes the grow SO MUCH EASIER in the long run.

No CO2, why bother with it. What am I going to do, increase weight another 10-15%- that another 10-15 oz? I told everyone that final weight would be the deciding factor and it was decided for me. 106 oz from the last grow is plenty for a single grow. I still have the Exhale bags hanging in there, which are supposed to last around 6 months. But with the exhaust running while the lights are on, I don't see how it's worth it (very much, anyway). The CO2 increases the growth rate so much, it would just be more to handle. I've also heard from 2 LED companies that are interested in me doing a documented grow with their lights, so I'm in early discussion with both of them (which means a second room!) if I move forward with one of them.

Regarding VPD, In cannabis cultivation, VPD refers to the difference between vapor pressure within a plant and the vapor pressure of the air surrounding the plant. VPD is responsible for driving a process in the plant known as transpiration, which directly impacts plant health.

To be honest, I'm more of a meat and potatoes guy- as opposed to others on here, I don't dwell on the details, just the results. I was a Biology major in college- lots of plant knowledge (although I ended up with an accounting degree and then an MBA in Finance), ran the 2nd largest organic farm (875 acres) in the U.S. and was a Director of Operations for a large Garden Store chain in my area. My background allows fine results with basic knowledge, but lets not forget all the growing too since 1988 (12 + 20= 32 years- Oh my god, I'm old). LOL
It hasn't been two weeks yet! But yes I think your plan is good. I just get the sense that some people are getting antsy lol. All this talk of Irie gear and so forth. Just saying....these plants are going to kick ass. Same guy who picked orange gasm and bebop picked sweet zombie out of all of his grows for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom