explosive growth in coco coir

• Thread starter phxazcraig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Mostly sorted now. Refilled the reservoir and plan to keep it a bit fuller.

Buds mostly look good, and some leaves have slightly recovered. Most of the yellow leaves are on the back left plant.
20220408 180256
20220408 180246
20220408 180200

20220408 180224
20220408 180235
phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I keep looking at trichomes and pistols thinking they surely must be ready after 8 weeks of flower! But the trichomes are still mostly clear. I did accidentally break a couple of buds off, and I'm drying them for a test smoke. Did one earlier, and it was pretty buzzy.

I think this really must be a Sour Diesel 11 week flower strain. Buds are going to be fat!

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I keep looking at trichomes and pistols thinking they surely must be ready after 8 weeks of flower! But the trichomes are still mostly clear. I did accidentally break a couple of buds off, and I'm drying them for a test smoke. Did one earlier, and it was pretty buzzy.

I think this really must be a Sour Diesel 11 week flower strain. Buds are going to be fat!
20220419 111400
20220419 111424
20220419 111515

Here are a few new shots from a new cell phone. Tried to take macro shots with it, but the camera is kind of disappointing there.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

At this point a sulfur additive like floralicious may help. Last week or 2 lower temps and terps are sensitive to heat and will also help speed ripening from my experience. Then the added bonus of bringing out the anthocyanins (Color) of the strain of it Carrie’s it in the genetics
Well, I've been using floralicious for most of the flowering stage. Very stinky stuff. And today I was leaning over the tops to reach leaves to trim, and I was noticing a distinct purple appearance to the uppermost fan leaves. Because the top of the canopy is at eye level, it is hard to see the colors very well.

I topped up the reservoir again and gave EC just below 1.0. Finally got into the tent and pulled water from bottom of each pot during runoff. 3 were the same, at 1080. The 4th was over 1100. I noticed it had much less runoff than the others, so I tweaked valves a bit. And manually dumped several cups of fresh runoff back through each pot with a cup to ensure a good flush.

And found another leak in one of my drain saucers. Sure wish I had a commercial product there.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well, I've been using floralicious for most of the flowering stage. Very stinky stuff. And today I was leaning over the tops to reach leaves to trim, and I was noticing a distinct purple appearance to the uppermost fan leaves. Because the top of the canopy is at eye level, it is hard to see the colors very well.

I topped up the reservoir again and gave EC just below 1.0. Finally got into the tent and pulled water from bottom of each pot during runoff. 3 were the same, at 1080. The 4th was over 1100. I noticed it had much less runoff than the others, so I tweaked valves a bit. And manually dumped several cups of fresh runoff back through each pot with a cup to ensure a good flush.

And found another leak in one of my drain saucers. Sure wish I had a commercial product there.
When I launch my system in the coming months I’ll tag ya. Does coco, hydro, soil and will expand to aero package after launch sometime. Pro grade home system at the same price or less of the home systems on the market today. All are autI feed and higher quality proven equipment not the overseas stuff prone to issues.

here is a pic of hyper blue cherry magoo I dropped the temps on at the end they really popped the purple, so dark almost black.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

When I launch my system in the coming months I’ll tag ya. Does coco, hydro, soil and will expand to aero package after launch sometime. Pro grade home system at the same price or less of the home systems on the market today. All are autI feed and higher quality proven equipment not the overseas stuff prone to issues.

here is a pic of hyper blue cherry magoo I dropped the temps on at the end they really popped the purple, so dark almost black.

View attachment 1237445
Looks nice!

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

My plants have completed 9 weeks of flower and look to be ready to harvest any time now. I'm having friends over to look at them Saturday, so I think I'm going to harvest on Sunday or Monday.

Since I just refilled the reservoir, I am thinking about how to flush. I'm at, or was, at an EC of 0.95. I thought I'd simply keep adding a bucket a day to replace the outflow, constantly diluting the nutes. I'm down to .850 now. (Runoff EC was jumping again, at over 1.100 last watering.)

Madmax

Madmax

Ive actually harvested couple days later when i was feeding 500ppm and just gave them water for 2 days .it still had small amount of nutes in media but never played a factor on taste..smooth as silk was the answer from my mates.you only ever really need to flush if you have been running high doses of nutes through.but i still do it for a couple just to b on the safe side..

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ive actually harvested couple days later when i was feeding 500ppm and just gave them water for 2 days .it still had small amount of nutes in media but never played a factor on taste..smooth as silk was the answer from my mates.you only ever really need to flush if you have been running high doses of nutes through.
A study here in Canada at guelph university showed no negative change with a 2 week flush in terpenoids, flavonoids and cannibinoids…. Only benefit was the cost savings on nutrients

dbrzz

dbrzz

I base my yield estimate from comparison of how this crop looks compared to my last crop, in soil. I got 18 ounces of cure buds off that, and this crop is considerably denser. Time will tell. And I may be more lenient on bud definition than you in terms of how trimmed it is or larfy. For sure I'll have a lot of small flowers from low in the canopy and below. I figure will be good for making hash.

I have been doing all sorts of watering practices trying to tame my EC. The only thing that is working is to both increase frequency and amount overall, and lower input EC. I have a feeling something is just not being absorbed at all and just builds up. I wish I could analyze the runoff to see which NPK components are increasing in concentration. I have been getting some tip burn throughout flowering, and it's the worst - almost only - negative symptom I've seen. The amount of feeding is simply due to recommendations that I've been following. Seems those recommendations have been spot on, though I have no other coco grows to compare.
I started my Coco grow four waterings a day one plant. Now and in flower, I have to water it every two hours as it’s consuming lots of water. I
466F1A03 E5AB 4BE5 85AF E43D5B1912E5
A5142EEF 8E66 4CAB 9BB5 126766D471E9
C5E6CAB1 FAA6 46FE 84A3 6A6D1501C1A9
A7EA12FC 52EB 43B6 A026 D4A38419A01B
5FCC9EBE 61A1 4892 A09D 5C2A97258F13
use a 24 gallon reservoir I set my EC to .8 and all I do is top off with 5.9 pH water Until I’ve added the equivalent of 20 gallons of top off. This is BananaKush auto at 110 days.

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

Here is the latest on this grow. My plants have just ended 9 weeks of flowering, and I'm doing a flush. These are Sour Diesels, so supposed to have an 11 week flower. It seemed like they were ready to harvest by looking at them, and I was going to harvest them today. But I thought I should have a good look at the trichomes before cutting.

A question: Can you judge trichomes after you have picked and dried a bud, or only fresh?

I have a little USB microscope, and it seems to give better images than my cell phone for sure, and arguably better than my Nikon and macro lens. Here are two shots of a bud I picked 2 days ago and let dry in a closet. To my eye, there are still a lot of clear trichomes, some cloudy ones and no ambers to speak off. Meaning: they need more time.

WIN 20220424 10 12 49 Pro
WIN 20220424 10 13 32 Pro

Top Bottom