• Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Do you defoliate your tomato plants?
Do you defoliate your apple trees?
Do you defoliate your pepper plants?
Do you defoliate your tobacco plants?
No?
Then why do you defoliate your marijuana plant????????
Yes
No and i don't anyone that does
no
No
It makes harvest so much easier

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Yes
no
No
At the end of cycle?

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
Yes
no
No

Just curious. I assume this is your grow?

What defoliation technique did you use on that? Looks like the bottom third is still intact too?

B

BroScience101

It's right up there with:
Lights
Nute Brands
ANY Politics

t0aaiyg_orig.jpg

If someone believes defoliation is good, and is faced with scientific studies proving otherwise, they get offended on a personal level and start lashing out. And instead of focusing on defoliation they go on the offensive and start attacking. It's a very primitive self defense program built into the brain. I haven't had facebook in decades but im sure there's examples on there every second of every day

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
t0aaiyg_orig.jpg

If someone believes defoliation is good, and is faced with scientific studies proving otherwise, they get offended on a personal level and start lashing out. And instead of focusing on defoliation they go on the offensive and start attacking. It's a very primitive self defense program built into the brain. I haven't had facebook in decades but im sure there's examples on there every second of every day

You know what's hilarious? Arguing grow techniques. I mean at the end of the day, if they grow shit bud and get sick of smoking it, then they will learn how to grow in a way the benefits the plant.

Man has this tremendously huge and totally unjustified ego problem. As if we can make genetics any better by what? Some magical fucking grow technique?

Imo (I'll say this 1m more times before I die... hopefully), we are nothing more than stewards to the plant. Our job is to give them the optimum environment we can so that they give us the best possible output that they can. Selective and random breeding, endless combinations of strains keeps pushing thc content higher but there will be a ceiling.

I like everything. Current focus is classic strain hybrids and stuff related to that. But am humble enough to know that when I leave this plane of existence I will have done nothing to update the cannabis sativa or cannabis indica genome. Its bigger than me.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Just curious. I assume this is your grow?

What defoliation technique did you use on that? Looks like the bottom third is still intact too?
Nope not mine.

Going way back there to remember but ..... dosen't matter but they weren't my pictures nor my plants.

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

I honestly think you should do a side by side comparison. I don't understand why everyone is afraid to do that.
i ended up just defoliating both and will post the results here but would be best if people stopped posting quotes and shit that has nothing to do with the question. i was honestly looking for opinions from people who have done it.. not from a bunch of google warriors who all keep saying science says not to.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
i ended up just defoliating both and will post the results here but would be best if people stopped posting quotes and shit that has nothing to do with the question. i was honestly looking for opinions from people who have done it.. not from a bunch of google warriors who all keep saying science says not to.
When you post a controversial subject such as this you’ll get very passionate butt hurt individuals.
Some no what there talking about some think they no what there talking about and some just want to argue about what there talking about.
Twists and turns but at the end of the day it’s to each there own and grow styles, when it comes to there grow style. There’s no rite or wrong when your dealing with someone’s personal grow and defoliation. What’s rite for you might not be rite for me or visa verse:)

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

When you post a controversial subject such as this you’ll get very passionate butt hurt individuals.
Some no what there talking about some think they no what there talking about and some just want to argue about what there talking about.
Twists and turns but at the end of the day it’s to each there own and grow styles, when it comes to there grow style. There’s no rite or wrong when your dealing with someone’s personal grow and defoliation. What’s rite for you might not be rite for me or visa verse:)
maybe i should have asked that from the beginning.. opinions from people who have personally done it.

Nukesrt

Nukesrt

Did you remove ALL leaves or just the bottom ones?
here are the before and afters.. i removed all that were overlapping other leaves.. the only ones i left were about maybe 6 total on all that were on the outside not blocking anything.

490E8071 3622 4636 8EBD F76557B9E7E7
16E2A8D4 DE0C 4238 BEB0 8F77342AF07F
B

BroScience101

LMFAO

I'm just a google warrior guys :(

PXL 20201207 000830077

PXL 20201206 011819664

Srt. Seems like you just want someone to pat you on the head, tell you you're a good boy, and that you did the right thing instead of actually learning how to maximize your yield and grow better for the same amount of time and money currently invested.

Good luck brother

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
LMFAO

I'm just a google warrior guys :(

View attachment 1064680

View attachment 1064679

Srt. Seems like you just want someone to pat you on the head, tell you you're a good boy, and that you did the right thing instead of actually learning how to maximize your yield and grow better for the same amount of time and money currently invested.

Good luck brother

I was thinking the same thing. I have done it. It sucks. Good luck. God speed lol! He'll learn or he'll believe 1 to 2 oz dry from a mainlined plant is "good" :) Heres my Google Warrior contribution. If you pick through these you'll find I specialize in bonsai clone Mama, am very familiar with defoliation techniques... when appropriate. This is some of my svmhit from this past season.

What happens when you grow the leaves off instead of pulling them off.
20201106 070448

Cured Bud
20201119 082545

Some bonsai workView attachment 1064693
More bonsai work
20201025 055502

Outside from earlier this season
20201025 070427

More bonsai workView attachment 1064695

Lemon Skunk 2 when you grow the leaves off of it.View attachment 1064700

Cute puppy.
20201204 132130