Fat man in a little closet

• Thread starter Tobor the 8th Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Joker

The Joker

No idea. How I got it is a long story which I don't have the energy to retell.
I got it from a med grower in the SF Bay Area.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Here are some pics of the Raspberry Kush at day 40 of 12/12. It doesn't seem to be that bad of a yielder looking at it. The buds have a little density to them. I can't believe how long the pistils are on this lady. She is a hairy girl.

DSCN1459
DSCN1460
DSCN1461
DSCN1462
DSCN1463
S

spinkus

Hairy indeed!

Never seen any pistils quite that long myself, looks kinda bizarre!

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
This is the LA Pure Kush. I really think this is the Pure Kush that everybody pictures when they think about Pure Kush. It fits the description of Pure Kush that you read about in CannaBible and was also prevalent on the web back in the earlier days of overgrow. Not that it is the universally accepted book of knowledge on cannabis but it is a reference source that is relevant enough that it should be reviewed whenever you are doing research on strains. It gives you info to compare and find things that lead to further research on the net.

I went on a Pure Kush hunt way back. I had Sugenite's Pure Kush bx seeds and also had quite a few different cuts called Pure Kush. They were all taller than I expected and yielded more than I expected. Then I got a cut called LA Pure Kush and while I was rooting the cuts I made a connection who had the Katsu Bubba Kush that I was after but also gave me a Pure Kush clone. If I remember right and I think I do he said he didn't know which one it was but he assumed it was a very good example of Pure Kush because he actually sourced it from Chimera.

In the end the LA Pure Kush and the Pure Kush (chimera) were the same cuts. They were exactly the same. I never kept track of which was which after a few harvests and just took one that looked the nicest as a mom.

It is a very short plant and has jungle green, fat leaves that look awesome. It stretches like an inch or 2 in flowering. The buds are very dense and very tight. I was never able to get a mold free grow outside. When planted in the ground in late May as a 1 foot plant and vegged all summer in full sun they would only be 3-4 feet tall after the stretch in late September.

The LA Pure Kush does not get tall. It is a very small yielder inside and is only a 4-6 ounce yielder in the cornfield which is ridiculously low for in the corn all summer. That is why they say people pay $1000 an ounce. Because to make a profit you would have to get that much or more. Or if somebody just had headstash and you wanted some it would take that much to get it. No it isn't worth that when you can buy an ounce of Chemdog D for $300-500. But there are people with money that like to try different good things and will probably pay whatever it is to get something they want.

There just can't be that much real Pure Kush to even buy in the dispensaries. Why? Because indoors after vegging for about 5 weeks and then flowering you are gonna be hard pressed to yield even an ounce.

This is one that was vegged for 5 weeks or more and is at day 40. The buds can hardly even be compressed when you squeeze them. They are so tight now it is crazy. Nice and sticky and a great smell. I can hardly wait to rekindle my smoking sessions with her. I am so happy to have her back in the fold.

Not very big but she is mighty mighty.

DSCN1464
DSCN1465
DSCN1466
DSCN1467

1satyr

Nice pics Tobor....Surprised that PK is that bad of a yielder....The RK is a strange looking donna, lol, but I hope, personally, to see what they are all about in my fall/wintergrow +98BB........Hehe

Things are progressing here in northern Europe......LOL.....Eradicating the "developing" canna countries Tobor......LOL... I like globalisation...think about it tobor, you can take a baltic cruise enjoying your own strains now......Could also call it a McDonaldisation of weed, Nah, - Toborisation of the world...LOL.

Illmind

Illmind

that pure looks awesome tobor. should c silver some s1s and pheno hunt a yielder. u know i'd help search lol. good to c u bro. happy 5th of july

420alldaze

420alldaze

wow tobor!! she is lookin short and phat! lol nice! hows your avalanche lookin?hope all is well with you. peacentreez

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
satry you crack me up. It is slowly but steadily getting done one country at a time. Your fall/winter grow will be just as you imagine.

Hindu now you are going to be injecting co2. Man we have both come along way since Planet Ganja when we were just sneaking around in the wilds doing our thing. Something good could come out of those crosses.

Illmind I wanted this PK back because it is very good smoke and I also wanted to make some crosses with it and s1 seeds too.

420 I have the avalanche outside in the ground and they are super growers. So is the Chemical Romance. I will take cuts for clones before flowering so I have them while I evaluate the smoke. So far Logic's seeds have out-germed and out-vigored all the other seeds I started this spring. The others have all done very well to but Divine Genetics seeds have done the best so far.

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

thats some dank buds you got there mang! short and fat :)

F

froggy

Good shit Tobor! That RK is one of the hairiest girls I've ever come across. You are the man with the master plan! You got one of the best stables around my friend. Keep up the amazing work!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tobor the 8th Man again."

true grit

true grit

Nice bro, at least she looks nice and frosty! Have you ran across one that was simply "LA Kush"? Looks very bubba to me, comes from a good source, vegges impossibly slow, essentially no stretch and yields low as shit. What kind of smell/flavors do you get outta that lady?

TortureKill

TortureKill

Whats good Tobor. Diggin your thread, had to go back thru it again :P That Pure Kush looks good man, nice and frosty. Great training on her. I read further into the thread a discussion on the Dabney Blu. I would say she is and indi/sat, she will harvest at 8-9 weeks, but I like to take her a full 10 for max flavor, and swell. Everytime Ive grown her, she colored up a real nice blue/purple. Flavor is unmatched by any blueberry strain Ive grown. I used to run DJs Pre2k Blueberry aswell. She was near impossible for me to root at times, and was very slow in veg. I introduced a lot of different cuts, from all over the world, into my stable years back and was infected by PM. I lost a lot of great cuts to that dreaded mold. Ive since vowed to always keep outside cuts away from my mothers. Its just better that way. Any breeding with these cuts are done outside.

Anyways, I made a cross last year, Dabney Blu x the landrace affie (TSK). F2s are being made as we speak. I will be hunting thru a large number of these for the best Blueberry phenos. Im expecting a very large yielding blueberry/affie. Or perhaps a new "Cotton Candy" like line. Im really excited about this hybrid. I know the dabney will bring the candy. Cant wait to test some of these flowers. I will keep you updated on the progress, and I may call in another hand to test the f2s if your interested.

Keep in touch bro, Im suscribed here, and look forward to contributing.

Peace

The Joker

The Joker

T,

Flowered at 12 -13 inches with 6-8 tops, the PK just about doubled. I pistil whipped heavily leaving only a cola on the edge and a few below. Yield was an oz per plant, up from .75 oz per plant flipping at 10 inches. That was in 3 gallon plants. I think with a 16 " plant it could go up to 1.25, but that would take a long veg, maybe 2 months. Head stash.

I do bring my excess PK medicine to a local dispensary. Sells out fast.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I have 4 others 2 weeks in 12/12 now and they were 8-10 inches tall and they haven't even stretched a half inch. ?? LED light could be the reason. However, when I grew it in the outdoors before if they were 3 feet they would be 4 ft or under at harvest which isn't much stretch either. And in my indoors it was always way shorter than pre 98 and katsu bubba.

You have the indoor experience with them and I don't so anybody collecting info on this strain should listen to Joker.

This is weird though. This hobby can be a head scratcher at times. I love my LED buds and you only use it for veg.

I can't get BB to taste like yours. I get better yields with organic and you get better yield with chems. You say katsu is a bigger yielder (as do most) and I always get twice as much pre 98 as katsu when I grew them together. WTF?????

In all honesty though I think you are a much more technically skilled grower then I am even though I have my special backwoods methods that sometimes have spectacular results.

The Joker

The Joker

Torture Kill: Besides freaking me out with the evil handle, that TSK looks interesting. Post some smoke reports or what it reminds you of.

T: Budswel. Budswel. Budswel. It brought out the flavor on the blueberry like no other. Those buds you smoked were one of the best I ever grew. Outdoor under the sun and it had a 2 month cure in jars.

I suck at organics so far. I'm going to play with soil mixes next time. Will be my 4th organic grow.

I use the LED for veg because I have an assembly line. LED for new clones in 1 quart pots, then shifted to another cab under a 400 in 2 gallon pots, then into the flower area under a 1K in 3-4 gallons pots. That's why the PK doubled in size, 1K digital ballast. The Rasberry Kush too.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
^^^ the white seems to improve yields and potency - Id be down for some white purp

soserthc1

soserthc1

l like the way you maximized your space good luck bro peace. you sure doing have a following on here

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hey again guys.

I have known some other people that are very high on the Dabney Blue TK. It sounds wonderful to me.

Thanks soserthc and welcome to the thread.

Just about a week left on PK and this Raspberry Kush. Latest info is this is a bubba cross of some type.

DSCN1486
DSCN1487
DSCN1488
DSCN1489
DSCN1490
DSCN1494
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
looks like some yum bud there bro!

love the color

The Joker

The Joker

Yours look way better than mine did. It must have been the bugs. I bombed after and washed and bleached. THrew away all the soil. The leaves were all half eaten.
The cured bud is strong, but no flavor so far. Round two had a little more smell. Only one week in jars, so we'll see.

Awesome looking plant!

Latest posts

Top Bottom