Feminized Vs. Normal Seeds

• Thread starter h4ppyf4rmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
scoop

scoop

obvious reason would b breeding.but normal seeds you can have dominant traits from either parent,and you can pick which traits you wanna continue growing by cloning.also imo the strains grow more vigorous from reg beans.in essence in a fem bean,the mother is forced herm,which imo dilutes genes...not saying i dnt use fem beans but wen strain hunting reg is better

Feminized seeds will also show traits from the parent stock with lots of variation for pheno hunting. Maybe you are thinking of S-1 seeds? Those seem to exhibit closer to copies of the parent rather than a cornucopia of past lineage that you see in some fems.

What would be the outcome of crossing regs to fems or S-1's? Can you say Bubba Kush....Banana Kush or OG(er's) Kush? If you've grown any of these or (any other "kush") crosses from them...you just answered your own question.

Obviously...the fems/S-1's are well intertwined into some of the most popular strains out there today. ...yet....

best of luck to all...whatever it is you are growing.....

fatawa

fatawa

thk you for sharing what I call common sense... Maybe since you worded it so elegantly and stated proven facts as Opinion the ppl who dont understand this will accept the Fem seeds genome dysfunction and how Feminzing gives ppl poor health.

Strain hunting is almost done,,, the DNA slabs will find our CHamps before we germ..... We'll be Marking our seeds very soon, I'm almost done with the marker kits. Under $300... 23andme will look like grade skool DNA kit compared to the new cannabis kits.
let me kno where i can get these beans u speak of lino

fatawa

fatawa

Feminized seeds will also show traits from the parent stock with lots of variation for pheno hunting. Maybe you are thinking of S-1 seeds? Those seem to exhibit closer to copies of the parent rather than a cornucopia of past lineage that you see in some fems.

What would be the outcome of crossing regs to fems or S-1's? Can you say Bubba Kush....Banana Kush or OG(er's) Kush? If you've grown any of these or (any other "kush") crosses from them...you just answered your own question.

Obviously...the fems/S-1's are well intertwined into some of the most popular strains out there today. ...yet....

best of luck to all...whatever it is you are growing.....
always have a kush strain n my garden

fatawa

fatawa

thk you for sharing what I call common sense... Maybe since you worded it so elegantly and stated proven facts as Opinion
i gotta admit idk if this agreeing with me or being sarcastic.lol.either way i can only speak of what happens n my garden.reg beans grow exceptionaly better least n my set up.good luck to everyone like scoop said

scoop

scoop

always have a kush strain n my garden

So do many others...yet...some speak as if they'd never touch an S-1 or fem.

The folks who played at C-Bay years ago know how and when the "kush" came on the scene. Everyone else wastes time talkin shit about fems/S-1's while (unknowingly) growing them out AND BREEDING WITH THEM at the same time.

That kinda shit always makes me laugh.

lino

lino

What would be the outcome of crossing a reg x fem...is that bad? Maybe a little more stable or just a clusterfuck of genetics lol? Lmfao. I'm lost in the cannabis genome project. Im curious if I'd be better crossing with a reg female. I want to start tuning in by working with 2 strains only. Funny when I got a mystery bean I knew immediately it was sativa because they don't like no till much. They prefer to dry out. She was fussy while the others were fine. May have to run sativa in separate 15g containers with no mulch and no worms. Might be a good idea to cross with a stable reg female white widow....ok now I realize I'm spitballing. Maybe I should see what the genetics guys have to say.

This is confusing to us old worm wranglers. Honestly I've been growing bagseed for a minute. We used to pull seeds out of Mexican brick back in high school. if you actually took care of it and didn't let it seed you would end up with a dank ass Mexican sativa plant. I know you guys miss that old precrushed pancake bud lmao.
I think you meant to say;
Punnett chart conventions suggests- Feminized X Regular (Female X Male).... instead of Reg X Fem.
A Regular X Feminized plants could be bred if we reverse the sex of the Feminized plant again to get some pollen , But now you're a breeder if you can tell me about the pollen from this cross.... lol, hmmmmm.
i spell this shit wrong all the time excuse me
In nature a monoecious plant bred with dioecious plants stabilizes the crops hermy tendencies and maintains the strains vigor by adding the Male traits back in.
DOnt forget some traits are 'sex linked' and are only specific to males and others are specific females. But theproof is in DNA slabs we know that some traits from the males are shared with the females on both chromes, autosomal breeding. These Shared Traits have a Yuge impact on vigor when we eliminate these DNA traits from our strains. Feminizing that eliminates the male DNA bands from the DNA is replaced when dioecious breeding occurs. But the SHARED Bands by both Females and males that are lost during Feminizing really wack the Genome to almost unrepairable. You basically rearrange everything in the feminized plant then by breeding a Regular plant you add a normal DNA chain and then we see what God does with the DNA code after the pollen is added.

Test to find hidden recessive hermy traits.
With Fem seeds and even Reg seed you should always TEST with many marked males for Rec and Dom hermy traits. The male will determine the sex of the offspring, your selection is Male - Female - Hermie or M, F, monoecious
So you can use simplify punnets to 3 letter options but that still makes it 16 or 32 possibilites , I know its not easy...
If you pass seeds that are, lets say a Dom hermy (HH) than almost every seedling will be some sort of herm.
Not going to lay down a Punnett but (HH) x hh or lets say Hh X HH or HH x HH , all of these combos spell dissaster.

SOrry I know a hermy is defined with at least 4 letters but I just put in 2 letter to exemplify my point and to simplify it.

lino

lino

CONCLUSION
Dam it , i cant find the MADC1 pic and info - I feel this is your best marker for sex identification. Scar119 combined with MADC1 and you'll know the sex of each seed guanteed. NO need to sell Fem seeds unless you;re trying to wack everybodies plants cause we can now prove that everyone is breeding with them, hence Mites, PM and pathogens.

Three molecular markers were tested for their ability to detect male plants in cannabis. DNA material of various origin was used, twelve different varieties of cannabis plants in total. The SCAR119 marker appeared to be the most reliable, with genotype scoring results corresponding to phenotype in case of all twelve samples. The MADC2 marker showed only one
contradictive sample result. The SCAR323 marker appeared to be the most controversial, with three deviant results. This study confirmed that sex determination of the cannabis plant is a complex process, for which further research is needed to develop a reliable molecular tool to distinguish male and female plants at an early developmental stage.

Across the top rt to left is the Names of each plant.
on the left is the Gene Marker names that are located in the DNA. This the data from the bands put into tabular data that is easier to read so we can ID sex in the plants quickly...
The top row of symbols is the actual sex of each plant.

DNAherms

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

CONCLUSION
Dam it , i cant find the MADC1 pic and info - I feel this is your best marker for sex identification. Scar119 combined with MADC1 and you'll know the sex of each seed guanteed. NO need to sell Fem seeds unless you;re trying to wack everybodies plants cause we can now prove that everyone is breeding with them, hence Mites, PM and pathogens.

Three molecular markers were tested for their ability to detect male plants in cannabis. DNA material of various origin was used, twelve different varieties of cannabis plants in total. The SCAR119 marker appeared to be the most reliable, with genotype scoring results corresponding to phenotype in case of all twelve samples. The MADC2 marker showed only one
contradictive sample result. The SCAR323 marker appeared to be the most controversial, with three deviant results. This study confirmed that sex determination of the cannabis plant is a complex process, for which further research is needed to develop a reliable molecular tool to distinguish male and female plants at an early developmental stage.

Across the top rt to left is the Names of each plant.
on the left is the Gene Marker names that are located in the DNA. This the data from the bands put into tabular data that is easier to read so we can ID sex in the plants quickly...

View attachment 739120
lino u ever see that guy on youtube saying he can distinguish sex by appearance of bean?(i am n no way saying this true)but he had a chart,plantd i think 10beans,pickd suposivly the sex by looks of bean and was right on every bean...i use the word suposivly STRONG).just curious if anyone else seen this

lino

lino

lino u ever see that guy on youtube saying he can distinguish sex by appearance of bean?(i am n no way saying this true)but he had a chart,plantd i think 10beans,pickd suposivly the sex by looks of bean and was right on every bean...i use the word suposivly STRONG).just curious if anyone else seen this
Ya I seen it. Tried it,,, IMO its not a 100%... Ive laid down pics and measured seed holes... I tested 3 carpal helmet seed vs the typical 2 carpal cannabis seed and none it compared to DNA accuracy that Ive Read about. HOWEVER... I have not given this observation enough testing to debunk it . For all I know it could eliminate DNA testing for sex....

fatawa

fatawa

Ya I seen it. Tried it,,, IMO its not a 100%... Ive laid down pics and measured seed holes... I tested 3 carpal helmet seed vs the typical 2 carpal cannabis seed and none it compared to DNA accuracy that Ive Read about. HOWEVER... I have not given this observation enough testing to debunk it . For all I know it could eliminate DNA testing for sex....
ive never tried it myself.it wont let me load it on here to share but if anyone wants to check it out search "can you determine sex of mj beans before planting" and its the 6th video down from top.drew is the provider

sixstring

sixstring

i think i just read fem seeds are weak and unhealthy ? what in the actual fuck has the internet done to some of you's ?
had this FEM seed going since 2009 and will prob have her when i die if i dont fuck up lol.
totally shit,some of this crap was grown in miracle grow,promix,coco,hydro, under 400w 600w 1000w gavitas,cooltubes,mars led,cob leds,even outdoors in sand and cow shit :)
first pic.when i decided i love me some masterkush fems :cool:
Mk 1 2
Mk led 033
Mk led 039
Mk mars led 047
Mk north 045
Mk wk 5 013
Mk Wk 6 018
Mk x 1 010
Mkx 2  015

fatawa

fatawa

i think i just read fem seeds are weak and unhealthy ?
no one said that 6.but if you want to debunk you hav to hav a fem version amd a reg bean of same strain.how do you kno the reg version wouldnt b better?just cause you kept a strain alive dont mean the fem version is better or comparable

Organikz

Organikz

ive never tried it myself.it wont let me load it on here to share but if anyone wants to check it out search "can you determine sex of mj beans before planting" and its the 6th video down from top.drew is the provider
Mine sexed out already. I don't know if it's the phytohormones in MBP and coconut water or the LEC or the combo but they matured fast as hell. Like 3 weeks from bean. I have been running 24 which I just learned is just going to gas your plants out with an LEC. It was beating up my plants like a step child. I switched to 18/6 much better.

@lino
I'm not liking all these what ifs. Maybe I'll just work with the Malawi and white widow and northern lights. Cross each one then maybe backdrops and see how I like it. I know working with different strains all the time is a headache. Also I can somewhat make my sativa adapt to a stay moist environment.

After reading masanobu he explains that plants can be brought back to their natural state by simply allowing insect attacks and what not. Over generations the plant learns to defend itself again returning to it's primal SAR which is strong otherwise spider mites would have wiped them off the face of the earth at some point over the million years or so.

@sixstring ...GMO does weaken the plant. The farther you carry a plant from its primal state the harder it is for the plant to defend itself. Masanobu was a plant pathologist. He explains this in his book. He killed off 3/4 of his father's orange grove before they devolved so to speak.

Last edited:
lino

lino

i think i just read fem seeds are weak and unhealthy ? what in the actual fuck has the internet done to some of you's ?
had this FEM seed going since 2009 and will prob have her when i die if i dont fuck up lol.
totally shit,some of this crap was grown in miracle grow,promix,coco,hydro, under 400w 600w 1000w gavitas,cooltubes,mars led,cob leds,even outdoors in sand and cow shit :)
first pic.when i decided i love me some masterkush fems :cool:
View attachment 739126 View attachment 739127 View attachment 739128 View attachment 739129 View attachment 739130 View attachment 739131 View attachment 739132 View attachment 739133 View attachment 739134
Daytona Beach has a best legs contest. You cant see the Contestants from the waist up. Transsexual has that dam contest like 5 or 6 times consecutive. Six, we're just sayN protected sex homie, hermie consumption, GMO 90% of our food and cannabis crops are bad for health, Safe Sex is all were saying homie... My self,, I try to avoid herms especially with sex...

SpiderK

SpiderK

well herm's are much more abundant in S1's , fem seeds .....

the forums worked against this information as complaint piled up over the years as seed sellers tied in with said forums. franchise genetics is a joke and very few have called him out for this, ect , ect, ect across the industry -

can you find good plants sure you can but regarding stability, not so much.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Ive never had the Fem versions perform as well as the Regulars.

I was growing the Regular Barneys Farm G13 x Haze, and then tried the Fem version just for the heck of it. I planted 20 of them.

ALL of them produced only 2/3 of the originals, and was at least 1/2 strength, and the smell was also weak vs the regulars.

The regular Barneys G13 x Haze was a killer plant, but the fems were a waste of time.

Same for the Dutch Passion Blue Moonshine, which was nowhere even near the same stuff as the DJ Short BMS.

I tried the Barneys LSD, and it was hay.

Also not saying some fems cant be good weed, as Ive grown a fem or 2 from my stuff that was self pollinated by a lone nanner, or 2, but never by chemicals.

My buddy used a fem x regular, and then bred it to itself 2 more times, and much of it ended up as HAY, and this was from Nevils Original 1988 NL5 x Haze, which some people would get extremely paranoid ect because it was so strong, but in 2 breedings, much, but no all, was HAY.

I'll never use fems again.

scoop

scoop

Everybody gonna see it differently according to their experiences in the past.

Yer buddy crossing the Nev's wasn't Shanti.....was he?

Yeah...I wouldn't waste my time growing Nev's x whatever fems. Shit...after spending 17-19 week growing >regs< from Shanti years ago ...a Nev's/Mango cross that was highly touted as the "no ceiling"super weed direct from Neville....that was...without a doubt....the largest load of hay/crap I've ever grown/seen. Nobody got high on it whatsoever to judge complexity....... but yeah....they weren't fem seeds and there was 4 pounds of it....LOL.

In the end, none of us can toss a blanket over any of this, IMO. Some say this...some that.

Whichever/whatever/whoever....the proof is always in the smoke in my book.

sixstring

sixstring

Maybe somewhere deep in my pc ,i dont take alot of pics of marginal plants.too many strains here to do it i would be take hundreds of pics a week lol.i had 1 pheno looked just like my keeper,no smell weak high.those are just example pics.I've grown lots of fems over the years.logics chem cookies was a tough one to let go,but after a year or 2 I usually move on because my seed stash is huge and time is limited.shoulda kept that chemcookie though she was potent as fuck

Top Bottom