FFOF vs cheap peat based soils

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
beetee710

beetee710

Coco loco isn't pure coco. It's like ocean forest except coco instead of peat base. I water about every 3 days. They stay in 1 gal bags for 4 weeks with no food added. Then they are transplanted to 3gal bags. After 7-10 days in the 3gal i flip the lights. Then I wait until they start to flower and then I add dry amendments. 3 weeks later i add amendments again. Depending on strain that might be the last feed. 10-12oz in 4 months using 2-150w HPS in a 2x4.
Bushdoctor Coco Loco is what you use? I have seen it before didn't know it had nutes added

beetee710

beetee710

Bag and a half per plant? How big are your pots man!

Nevermind, I worked it out to 15 gallon pots. each bag of FFOF has about 9 ish gallons.
Man, 1 gal pots of coco looks better every day! lol
you grow in 1 gallon pots the whole way?

beetee710

beetee710

I guess that could be the difference between a Canadian Gallon and a Us Gallon Us gal = 128 oz Cdn = 160 oz. The bags here will not fill my buckets.View attachment 963612
FoxFarm FX14079 Ocean Forest Soil Bag, 1.5 cu. ft.

CDN$45.00 CDN$89.10
wow never knew that was a thing. Typical americans to have a totally different gallon size than everyone else. i never understand why we do that

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Because the Americans think the metric system is communist.

I'm only joking we love you America!!

• Haha
Reactions: Ina
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
No country has done great with flu. Now they want to open schools to infect children. Is that not child abuse?

I know in the 80a every parent puprosfulky infected there children with chickenpox because you can only get it once but they were wrong.

That's in Canada lol

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Hey pipecarver I'm in the market for some new soil, not that I'm unhappy with cheap dirt Im starting to feel as if it holding moisture way to long. As I haven't had to water in almost a week and half now.

So is there a retailer for the stuff your using? Or online I'm in Ontario. I don't want to stand inline for hours at Lowe's or the depot to get promix.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Haha. That's awesome! For real? Just to stick it to the brits lol. Is that what you really call them?

If I was American I'd still want metric but I think I'd wanna keep the different gallons just because of that.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Hey man who knows with Americans.

A US dry gallon is almost the same as a can gal only the measure of liquid gallon is different. I'm not sure how they would lable the soil in the US but I'd assume it would be dry gallon no?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Hey man who knows with Americans.

A US dry gallon is almost the same as a can gal only the measure of liquid gallon is different. I'm not sure how they would lable the soil in the US but I'd assume it would be dry gallon no?
Yeah its 1/8 bushel. dry gallon would likely be the measure for soil.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Yeah so a gallon of soil in the US if measured as a dry gallon should be almost the same as a Canadian gallon 4. 3l to our 4.4l so you'd figure it should be the Same amount when filling pots weird that you'd get less soil per bag in. Canada

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
He'll I might just pour my self a 1/8 of freedom gallon. Lol get that 1/8.

CFC7143

CFC7143

Obviously I'm a new grower but the hydro store I purchased my FFOF and FFHF at it was much less then the prices you listed and my plants seem to be loving it very much
IMG 20200420 001503810

CFC7143

CFC7143

Ive used FFHF and FFOF for 2 decades.
Ive never paid over 14 bucks a bag for it either though. But i always go in with a couple people and buy a pallet and its even cheaper.
I use 9 bags per grow too.
Yea that's what I was going to say. The store I buy it at will charge you like 25$ if your just buying a bag or two but anything more then that the give you a good deal. Two weeks ago I bout two bags of FFOF and two bags of FFHF and I paid a total of 48$

Top Bottom