FF's Pandora's Box grow

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Here's my four PB, day 30 of 18/6 under 2 x 55w fluoros (Exolux Brightwing).

All in 3.7 litre pots, Canna Coco, CocoAB, Rhizo, Hygro, Diamond Nectar, EC 1.2ish, handwater to waste daily. Living in a small budbox atm, moving to DR120 in about 7 days.

Germinated directly in coco.

Earlier shots in my general grow diary (says OG Kush, but it's not - I killed those by accident :headbang) - see my sig for the link. They were started on 29th Sept 08. Will be going under 600w HPS for the 12/12.

Ffs pandoras box grow
Ffs pandoras box grow 2
Ffs pandoras box grow 3
Ffs pandoras box grow 4
B

beanz240

Good looking plants FF im gonna have to keep an eye on your grow

B

BITYmagicBeanz

looking nice mate. they look very bushy for that size.

S

Subcool

This thread qualifies for the first TGA contest :)
Well done.

Sub

B

beanz240

Hey FF, I was just wondering if you had noticed one that was just a little different than the others?

F

FastForward

Hey FF, I was just wondering if you had noticed one that was just a little different than the others?

Yep, but they've been pretty squashed in their veg place so it might just be cramp and not pheno diffs. Or maybe one's a male, the rest are females? I repotted them last night so will leave them a day or two to settle into their new home (12/12 flower) and then take some photos, see about any weirdness.

H

hglove

very healthy lookin plants FF! hope they're likin their new home, tomorrow should be the first day of 12/12 if i can pick up some more coco:yes

F

FastForward

Plants have been repotted and flicked over to 12/12. Some are in 6.5l, others in 3.7, and one in a 1.7 that I flowered from seed to see/test. The tester ("Pandora Test") was put into flower on the 4th October under a 400HPS and is showing sex - it's a girl - shots attached. Will be interesting to see the yield off of a small pot.

Photos show each of the 4 PBs, side and then top view. It's still a bit cramped in there and there's a massive hotspot from the vertical bare bulb, but I'm rotating them to keep things even. Will get a reflector when I can afford it. The good news is that you can get the bulb really close.

I'm not going to post a lot more veg shots, just because they get boring. I'll post photos in the next week or two as and when they start to show gender, and then again as the buds form and then fatten up.

IMG 4715
IMG 4716
IMG 4717
IMG 4718
IMG 4719
IMG 4720
IMG 4721
IMG 4722
IMG 4723
IMG 4724
IMG 4725
F

FastForward

And a couple of shots of the room, sorry about the lights on. Pandora's roomies are g13 haze, lemon skunk and kushberry.

IMG 4726
IMG 4727
F

FastForward

Day 7 of 12/12, end of 1st week

Two of the four PBs were showing balls tonight, so they've gone to the great field in the sky. Have attached photos, although the balls aren't that clear....thought you might want to see what they looked like before they went.

Pandora's test is flowering nicely, photos also attached (Day 27 of 12/12)

The other two PBs are growing nicely but no sign of gender atm. Pray for girls! :)

Also finally bought and put in a new reflector, a medium adjust-a-wing. Need to get the heat shield but it's a bazillion times better than bare vertical bulb.

More shots as and when I get some pistil action.

IMG 4738
IMG 4739
IMG 4740
IMG 4741
IMG 4742
IMG 4743
IMG 4744
IMG 4745
IMG 4746
IMG 4750
IMG 4751
IMG 4752
S

Springheel Jack

Locked and Loaded

Hey FF,

Gonna lurk around on this one if i may (PB in the stash)
May get bumped up the "to-do" list!

Good luck,

stay happy n healthy,

Springheel

B

beanz240

Hey FF, I was wondering if you usually use that size container? Mine are just not really doing anything and was thinking it might be the container size but maybe not...they just seemed to stop growing even the one i left to veg for a lil longer.

F

FastForward

Hey FF, I was wondering if you usually use that size container? Mine are just not really doing anything and was thinking it might be the container size but maybe not...they just seemed to stop growing even the one i left to veg for a lil longer.

Hey beanz... i'm still experimenting with pot sizes....in this grow I've used a variety:

Pandora's Test: 1.7 litre (flowered from seed)
pbox1 : 3.7 l
pbox2 : 3.7 l
pbox3 : 6.5 l
pbox4 : 6.5 l

(I also use 11l, but so far have only been using them for known females...i.e. femmed seeds or clones, just because I don't want to waste nutes and love on males!)

I think pbox 2 and 4 got aced last night, will double check tonight at lights on.

For me as a seed grower atm pot size is important because I have to treat all seeds equally until they show gender. Ideally I'd use 6.5 or 11, but 10+ seeds grow up big and fast and I run out of space before they show gender...so if I can get away with using smaller pots it'll work better....

H

HazeVentura

Premium Member
Supporter
looking really good bro, these are gonna be big bushes :D

btw, the AdjustaWing is a great reflector.... I would never miss it anymore...but you had to use the superspreader too, to get all benefits from it...

peace HV

F

FastForward

btw, the AdjustaWing is a great reflector.... I would never miss it anymore...but you had to use the superspreader too, to get all benefits from it...

Cheers HV - have got one on order.

Update:

PBOX1: Day 9 of 12/12
PBOXTEST: Day 29 of 29/12

Well, bad news was that 3 of my 4 turned out to by males, so they've been culled....leaving me with two, although one of them is Pboxtest in a tiny pot. I've taken some cuttings from both plants in the vain hope I can reveg/root them.

First photos are pboxtest, second are pbox1.

IMG 4753
IMG 4754
IMG 4755
IMG 4756
IMG 4757
IMG 4758
IMG 4759
B

BITYmagicBeanz

looking good man. you grown them perfect. specialy in such a small pot. if you re potted them. they would explode
by the looks of it you could of cloned loads from them and doubled your crop :)

F

FastForward

Cheers Bity - am just after trying it out on this run, rather than maximising yield...but have taken cuts to develop a mother if things go well.

Update:

The mildew is back in my flowering room and I've no idea why. I've cut off all the affected leaves on pbox1 in the hope that it contains it. I've also put in 2 more fans on the floor pointing upwards to increase air circulation. If this doesn't sort it out then drastic measures are going to be needed. My other tent is totally unaffected to I think it has something to do with cold air being sucked in from a hole in the back.

Any suggestions for dealing with mildew? I've already cleaned the room out with a peroxide solution. If leafcoat any good? Any other product that I should be thinking about?

Top Bottom