FF's Pandora's Box grow

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rounders02

them plants are looking good FF, i had the same problem with my flower room no matter what i did it came back even if the air was good an humdity was down, the advice i was tod that should sprayed down and clean everythingin the room including the equipment. i used organicide aftr emptying the room and a lillte bleach diluoted in a gallon of water, and sprayed down with regular water and let it sit for 2 days before useing it again, so ar so good. hope this helps or gives ya some ideas. Rounders

F

FastForward

Thanks Rounders....in my googling I found this:

Management of powdery mildew and gray mold of cucumber by Trichoderma harzianum T39 and Ampelomyces quisqualis AQ10

Abstract Two biocontrol preparations were tested for their ability to control Sphaerotheca fusca and Botrytis cinerea on greenhouse cucumber. Trichoderma harzianum T39 (TRICHODEX) spray reduced powdery mildew severity by up to 97% but its efficacy declined to 18–55% control as the epidemic progressed. Unlike on young leaves, on older leaves the control of powdery mildew by T. harzianum T39 was poor. Ampelomyces quisqualis (AQ10) was very effective against powdery mildew, achieving up to 98% of control. Its effectiveness declined with the progress of the epidemic but unlike the other biocontrol agent it retained significant control capability on older leaves. Two aliphatic petroleum distillate oil products improved the efficacy of both biocontrol agents. The co-application of T. harzianum T39 and A. quisqualis AQ10 was tested on cucumber plants infected with powdery mildew followed by fruit gray mold infection. It resulted in no improvement of the control of powdery mildew, and in an improvement of gray mold control, the latter probably because of the use of additive oil (ADDQ) along with the second biocontrol preparation. There was no significant interference between the biocontrol agents in the co-application treatment as compared with the application of each agent alone; the level of population of T. harzianum T39 remained similar and the parasitism of S. fusca by A. quisqualis was not nullified. The application of T. harzianum T39 to soil instead of spraying it resulted in 75–90% lower powdery mildew coverage on the leaves. It was concluded that the mode of action of T. harzianum T39 in powdery mildew control is induced resistance, not mycoparasitism or antibiotic action

http://www.springerlink.com/content/wh952t145910k70u/

I'm going to give them a spray of pH water with some piranha in it...does anyone know if Piranha contains AQ10? (EDIT: just checked, it doesn't)

F

FastForward

Mini update:

My anti-powdery mildew products just arrived, will be spraying the girls tonight:

IMG 4761

The little pandora is looking petite and gorgeous, and smelling lovely. Will take photos later on....there's some hope that I can clear this mildew problem and see these girls through to the end....

F

FastForward

Update:

Pandora's Test: Day 35 of 12/12
Pandora's Box 1: Day 15 of 12/12

Have tonight treated all my plants in my flowering tent with DM Zone and Penetrator (60ml/l Penetrator, 0.6ml/l Zone). Didn't pH balance it....because when I did it went from green to clear....very cool but weird... might have been a bad idea but we'll see.

First photos are Pandora's Test, last couple are pbox1. Had to trim a lot of affected leaves, hence looking skinny....but better a skinny plant than no plant :)

IMG 4762
IMG 4763
IMG 4764
IMG 4765
IMG 4766
IMG 4767
IMG 4769
IMG 4770
IMG 4771
IMG 4772
R

rounders02

they all look great FF, let me know how that Zone and Penetrator work out for ya, as it would be nice to have something work with no fish smell..:talking

S

Subcool

Very Interesting.

Looking foward to the results serenade smells like socks anmd I aint smoking socks hehe

Sub

F

FastForward

Looking foward to the results serenade smells like socks anmd I aint smoking socks hehe

Not using Serenade.... :) Used some Protector on there the day before as well....have given them a day's break and will re-do the Zone+Penetrator at a higher dose tonight.

Fortunately I think there might just be enough time to treat them and then some clear time/flush before smoking...otherwise they're all going to have to go unfortunately.

I've got 3 x Third Dimension that have just sprouted that I had planned for my next run but have brought forward. Will start a separate diary for them.

And for the record, the pm spores were in my tent from my previous Violator Kush run with an external air input (now fixed). From what I've read the kushes are vulnerable/pm magnets, so it's nothing to do with the pbox whatsoever.

F

FastForward

Update:

Pbox1: Day 21 of 12/12
Pboxtext: Day 41 of 12/12

The cuttings I took from both pboxes took already - I expected the pboxtest one to take weeks longer because she was properly flowering, but she rooted the cube nicely and at about the same speed/time as the pbox cut which was only just in flower.

Photos are of the two cuttings and pboxtest, who is starting to look lovely. So glad I've got a rooted cut...need a bigger version :)

IMG 4809
IMG 4810
IMG 4811
IMG 4813
IMG 4814
IMG 4815
IMG 4816
IMG 4817
IMG 4819
IMG 4820
H

Husbandnwife420

looking really nice what about the bean sprout flower expermint hows that goin

F

FastForward

looking really nice what about the bean sprout flower expermint hows that goin

that's her - pboxtest! I'm surprised at how big she's gotten at 12/12 from seed too, and in a tiny <2l pot. Going to be a nice quick smoketest I think...going to mother the cutting and grow it out properly from another cut, mildew free (which btw is looking good/going)

F

FastForward

Update:

Pbox1: Day 27 of 12/12
Pboxtest: Day 47 of 12/12

I think the powdery mildew is going away, but it's still around on some leaves. I've nuked all my plants, so you can see some nute burn on the leaves. What's important to me is that I kill the mildew so I can smoke these - I'm smoking crap at the minute and I need good smoke.

First shots are pboxtest, second set are pbox, third are the clones taken.

IMG 4830
IMG 4831
IMG 4834
IMG 4836
IMG 4837
IMG 4838
IMG 4839
IMG 4840
IMG 4841
IMG 4842
IMG 4850
IMG 4851
F

FastForward

Update:

Pboxtest: Day 52 of 12/12
Pbox1: Day 32 of 12/12

Still treating the mildew, although it's not visible anymore - just the burned remains.

Pboxtest:

IMG 4931

IMG 4933

IMG 4934

IMG 4935

Pbox1:
IMG 4936

IMG 4937

IMG 4938

IMG 4939

Going to start flushing the pboxtest tomorrow for 10 days with Ripen.

IMG 4940
F

FastForward

Update:

Pboxtest: Day 58 of 12/12
Pbox1: Day 38 of 12/12

Pboxtest is just soooo crystalline it's beautiful! I'm so glad I've got a cut from her. The smell is a bit like rotten fruit atm...but it smells very weirdly nice.

Pbox1 rocks on, putting some size on her buds.

No sign of mildew. Zone+Penetrator rocks.

IMG 4953
IMG 4954
IMG 4955
IMG 4956
IMG 4957
IMG 4958
IMG 4959
IMG 4960
IMG 4961
IMG 4962
IMG 4963
IMG 4964
IMG 4965
IMG 4966
IMG 4967
IMG 4968
IMG 4969
B

beanz240

Isn't that "rotting fruit" smell just out of this world? It took me forever to try to get what the scent was.....rotting fruit suits it best. Im still trying to figure the taste now its just so smooth with just a slight hint of something. but yea great job.:rock

F

FastForward

Mini Update:

Pbox1 - Day 44 of 12/12
Pboxtest - Day 64 of 12/12

My wife is now within 2 weeks of the due date for our first child.....and yes, am shitting bricks :)

Given that she can pop at any time I needed some kind of automated watering setup so my plants don't suffer whilst we're in hospital for a few days.

Have setup a topspin12 dripper in my flower tent into a 25l bucket, 15 minutes on 3 times a day. Drain to saucer/waste...or overflow into the tray, no recirc. Will fine tune the timings but needed to get something in, just in case.

Have also repotted my mums into 11l pots to give me a couple of days breathing room.

Sorry for the quick lights on photos. Pboxtest is starting to cloud up and the pistils are starting to die/turn. I reckon another week and then I'm desperate to smoke her....she's got such a lovely stink to her....

IMG 5049
IMG 5050
IMG 5051
IMG 5052
IMG 5053
T

Tolpan

Hey FF, thats some good news! Didn't know that you will be father soon. All the best wishes for you and Mrs. Fast Forward!

Looks good for your grow to end without PM.!

Vibes your way!

Tolpan

A

adam

best wishes to you and your new family:party.hope you squashed your pm issue. you dont want to smoke that shit believe me. you will always wonder what harm you done to yourself.my first grow was huge and i didnt account for the moisture. my yields were monsters but i ended up losing alot of smoke do to mold.my favorite plant had a 3 liter thick top cola that i dreamt of smoking for weeks. that bitch was healthy all the way till harvest. once it dried and cured i broke it open to find white shit in the center.thats a mistake i wont make again if i can help it. i learned to run a dehumidifier and now i can spot mold very easily.

D

Donk Frog

Looking good, I just ordered a pack of them(pandora's Box)....but between my Purple Wreck, HDF,Lemon Larry plants going now, and the Chemdog 08 and freebies seeds I'll be getting with my order...who knows when I'll get around to popping them:D:wait.......Good luck with your new baby:party:nod

F

FastForward

Who turned my Pandora's Box into cabbage??!

Check out my revegging pboxtest cut - the leaves have totally freaked out and look more like a salad vegetable than anything from the cannabis family. Will she eventually turn back to normal, or did the shock fuck with her genes or something??! She's about 3 weeks old I think and rooted quickly and easily, despite being deep in flower at the time of the cut.

IMG 5101
IMG 5102
IMG 5103
IMG 5104
IMG 5105
IMG 5106

Latest posts

Top Bottom