First Diary.

• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

As soon as I saw your last trich shot I was like, "Cut that b*tch, cut that b*tch!" Lol

I think you nailed it if you're going for couch-lock. Nice colas. She's a monster.

I'm looking for an answer to your yellow spots.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Ok today is day 42. Once I hit the lights. Again having issues. The spotting is back. I'm convinced it's not a fungus now but still can't id it. Posted it on here n no solid answers. It's annoying. I flushed again. They seem to love being flushed. They put off such a good smell. This time and last time soon as I'm done flushing they just saturate the air with a very good sweet funk smell. They are really oily now too. But back to the issues. I got same rust colored spots and now yellowing. I knew I was way low on k. 1-10-1 was the npk. I bumped the k a few days back then the yellowing went crazy. Runoff this flush was little yellow but nowhere near dark like last flush. View attachment 736948View attachment 736949View attachment 736950View attachment 736951View attachment 736952

Looks like a magnesium deficiency, maybe? Cannabis Encyclopedia says to use a 2% Epsom salt solution (2 teaspoons to 1 gallon of water) every watering if no dolomite was added to the soil before planting. For fast results do a foliar spray using the same solution every 4-5 days. I'm assuming instead of watering with it. Should see it starting to green from the top down in 4-6 days. I'd go with the foliar spray myself. I'd be a little afraid to do a watering unless I knew for sure.

It says that this problem is commonly confused with excess of potassium, ammonium nitrogen, and calcium carbonate.

Heres a partial pick from the book just so you can see what I see...

Hope this helps. I couldn't find anything closer to your pics or description than this.

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks. I think
As soon as I saw your last trich shot I was like, "Cut that b*tch, cut that b*tch!" Lol

I think you nailed it if you're going for couch-lock. Nice colas. She's a monster.

I'm looking for an answer to your yellow spots.
it's at couchlock. Trichs were about 100% amber when chopped. Probably 90%. And might be magnesium. Cause I never used epsom. I used calmag but cut it cause of the nitrogen. I cut the nitrogen to 0 about 4 weeks into flower.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Thanks. I think

it's at couchlock. Trichs were about 100% amber when chopped. Probably 90%. And might be magnesium. Cause I never used epsom. I used calmag but cut it cause of the nitrogen. I cut the nitrogen to 0 about 4 weeks into flower.

Fox Farms has their Bushdoctor line. If you do need to break the salts loose in the soil there's always Sledgehammer. I don't know how effective it is yet but it came highly recommended to me by a horticulture professor. I'll be doing my first salt flush with it this week. The cool thing is you can still add nutes while using it. Advanced Nutrients B-52 worked great as well when I was having nitrogen uptake problems.

Every mistake we make is an opportunity to improve our skills. I'm glad my grow wasn't anywhere near perfect. I learned a lot this season and my yields next year will greatly improve because of it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Fox Farms has their Bushdoctor line. If you do need to break the salts loose in the soil there's always Sledgehammer. I don't know how effective it is yet but it came highly recommended to me by a horticulture professor. I'll be doing my first salt flush with it this week. The cool thing is you can still add nutes while using it. Advanced Nutrients B-52 worked great as well when I was having nitrogen uptake problems.

Every mistake we make is an opportunity to improve our skills. I'm glad my grow wasn't anywhere near perfect. I learned a lot this season and my yields next year will greatly improve because of it.

I was just reading further about the Epsom salt. If you do go that direction, get the salt formulated for plants not the grocery store stuff. It says in another part of the book the formulation is 9% magnesium, 2% calcium, and 13% sulfer.

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0832
Almost 2 days into dry n not all crispy. Think I got the room dialed in pretty good. Smelling really good too. Unlike any time I tried drying before. Holding 70-75 degrees humidity 50-55%
And that's not mold the white is crystals. Side nug shot not the main cola. All seems to shrink just a little bit. Gonna give it 1-2 more days at this rate then seperate branches to finish the dry.

Monster762

Monster762

Oh and my seed hunt failed. Got like 5 seeds left total. So soon to be all in and I'll be cloning off those before I flower. Feminized seeds. Same Gc and sour d seeds I had left over. Still got my 4 clones off this plant though. Rooting up. ;)

Madbud

Madbud

View attachment 742937 Almost 2 days into dry n not all crispy. Think I got the room dialed in pretty good. Smelling really good too. Unlike any time I tried drying before. Holding 70-75 degrees humidity 50-55%
And that's not mold the white is crystals. Side nug shot not the main cola. All seems to shrink just a little bit. Gonna give it 1-2 more days at this rate then seperate branches to finish the dry.
I hung three tonight after 72 hours dark, 70's at 50%. I've been wet trimming too but think i'll let these hang longer, maybe 14 days then dry trim. Nice crop.

Monster762

Monster762

Well not weighing as good as it looked. Pretty sure it'll be good smoke. Today I big plant down to branches. Weighed them. Combined weight of the whole plant minus stalks only hit 82 grams. I thought it was dry cause it was solid n crispy feeling but it's not dry yet either. Sucks but I'm gonna get better at it. No ideas what the other 2 will weigh. The one has some serious nugs. The other has smaller bugs but looks n smells a lot different. It is the plant that had all 11 blade leaves. Maybe polyploid. It is odd. But brighter green n all too smells real good. Also taking its time getting anywhere near done. Gonna cure a month or 2. Once it dries all the way. Will be starting up another run soon sour diesel and green crack. Will be cloning them. and won't be jumping in half prepared this time. I started this grow not even having a room to put em in. Then ran into every problem in the book almost.

Monster762

Monster762

Nah looked good to me too. I thought for sure it weigh more. I thought 4-5 oz. but shit don't weigh nothing. The buds solid and pretty big but litterally a half oz would fill a sandwich bag. I mean fill it. But not spongy or fluffy. Stuff n sticky as shit. My fingers were coated in black just from cutting the excess stalks off. I knew it wasn't dry once I got into curing it for a minute. But at that point was no turning back. I made a hammock out of a paint strainer bag and set it up in drying room. Spread the buds out so they aren't in a pile. Give it a day or 2 more before it hits jars. It's just like it weighs nothing. Probably gonna smoke real good though. I'm curing a long time I'll be done next run by the time I smoke it. I may sample a piece in a few weeks.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Well not weighing as good as it looked. Pretty sure it'll be good smoke. Today I big plant down to branches. Weighed them. Combined weight of the whole plant minus stalks only hit 82 grams. I thought it was dry cause it was solid n crispy feeling but it's not dry yet either. Sucks but I'm gonna get better at it. No ideas what the other 2 will weigh. The one has some serious nugs. The other has smaller bugs but looks n smells a lot different. It is the plant that had all 11 blade leaves. Maybe polyploid. It is odd. But brighter green n all too smells real good. Also taking its time getting anywhere near done.
Nah looked good to me too. I thought for sure it weigh more. I thought 4-5 oz. but shit don't weigh nothing. The buds solid and pretty big but litterally a half oz would fill a sandwich bag. I mean fill it. But not spongy or fluffy. Stuff n sticky as shit. My fingers were coated in black just from cutting the excess stalks off. I knew it wasn't dry once I got into curing it for a minute. But at that point was no turning back. I made a hammock out of a paint strainer bag and set it up in drying room. Spread the buds out so they aren't in a pile. Give it a day or 2 more before it hits jars. It's just like it weighs nothing. Probably gonna smoke real good though. I'm curing a long time I'll be done next run by the time I smoke it. I may sample a piece in a few weeks.

Doing great. When I get bud that is still a bit to wet for a cure jar I find putting them in paper grocery bags lets them slowly finish and doesn't alter the smell. I close the top of the bag and occasionally give the bag a gentle turn upside down to keep the buds from matting.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah I got a big paper bag. I know back 10-15 yrs ago dude came over here from cali n that's how he did his. He hung it then used paper bags to draw moisture from the centers out. Then after it got crisp again he jarred it.

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0844
IMG 0847
The buds were crispier today after sitting on the hammock. I put in paper bag with holes in it. This is what 1 oz weighed looks like. Looks good n smells good. Got some crystals. Really stiff n solid too no sponge. Just don't weigh nothing. Figuring it'll go in jars in another day or 2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom