First Diary.

• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

Started out green crack fem ,sour d fem , and blueberry reg.

I know I'll probably get blasted but miracle grow cactus n palm soil with perelite and desert sand

600w led(cheap one) and 2 , 4bulb t5 setups.

At the beginning i had big issues. I lost 9 plants

Now I'm in flower first time indoors. Still have a lot to learn. But also learning fast.
This site is why my plants stopped dying. A member on here and good advice. Now I'm in flower and open to all input to advance my knowledge.( And grow of course. )
I have a total investment of under $500. Not counting the $250 in seeds I watched half die.
I'm not a dealer , this is a hobby that I'm serious about. Keeps me off the streets out of trouble. And I really enjoy it.

Monster762

Monster762

IMG 0389
This is what I had to show after about 6 weeks of veg plants dying off one after another until I came here for help and advice.

Monster762

Monster762

Then dnewsome2 pointed out my bug problem. And gave me a method to fix it. Which I overdid.
I ended up tearing my whole growroom down and rebuilding and had to bottom feed my babies(same 3above) after I did a transplant and root drench

S

Socalking

Hey brother! Good to see you hangin in there, watch out for those cheap LED's I had one, and after a couple weeks it started to burn all of my babies, i gave it to a friend and the same thing happened to him, the secret is to keep the cheap LeDs about 3 ft from the plant. The harmful uv and uvb rays burn the babies up close, but you cn get good yeilds from 3 ft away

Monster762

Monster762

I want to clone the one in the back. All are female. I was just putting up the history of these plants. I will be updating this thread so I don't keep jumping in everyone else's threads when I'm in need of advice or help. There is so much I don't know. And want to learn it all. All input positive or negative can be learned from and is welcome. Thanks for reading through my book so far. Also I never topped or lstd. I am using advanced nutrients bud blood , rhino skin and bud candy as my water additives. I want to try dwc bucket system individual buckets next run. And maybe build bigger area and more light. I'm not in it for money. It's just something I enjoy

Monster762

Monster762

They look beautiful? You plan to flower with those bulbs?
What did you change to make it work?
Mainly killed the bugs ,redesigned room ,ripped out the led and put the t5s in. But put led back in for flower and took half the 6500k bulbs out n put 3000k in. I'm not 100% sure it's right yet but plants seem to like it. Open to any advice, opinions. I'm learning so I clearly don't know it all. I want to stay away from high heat because it's hard to keep under 80 now. It's 90-100 outside daily. New 6000btu a/c helped a little. I don't have an unlimited budget.

Monster762

Monster762

Hey brother! Good to see you hangin in there, watch out for those cheap LED's I had one, and after a couple weeks it started to burn all of my babies, i gave it to a friend and the same thing happened to him, the secret is to keep the cheap LeDs about 3 ft from the plant. The harmful uv and uvb rays burn the babies up close, but you cn get good yeilds from 3 ft away
It bleached mine at first that's why I pulled it. I have 9ft ceiling so I'm running it 4 ft above canopy now. I have 45 w panels to sidelight later on if necessary.

Monster762

Monster762

Is that I can or can not get good yields from 3 ft? Let me know.

Monster762

Monster762

Oh and the light is a lot brighter than the pic makes it look. My lumens at canopy were little over 28000 but now plants are a little taller so it's more. And my spaceship lighting covers all of the room angled. I even clearly see the purple on bottom branches under the bush.

S

Socalking

Is that I can or can not get good yields from 3 ft? Let me know.

You CAN! It would be better to add the LED during the 3-4th week of flower, because for some reason after a month or so, the Cheap Chinese LED's begin to burn the plants. But boy does it make for frosty buds, it attacks the plant so badly with uvs that it will over produce trichs

Monster762

Monster762

You CAN! It would be better to add the LED during the 3-4th week of flower, because for some reason after a month or so, the Cheap Chinese LED's begin to burn the plants. But boy does it make for frosty buds, it attacks the plant so badly with uvs that it will over produce trichs
Can't I put sheet of real glass to block uv?

Monster762

Monster762

I'll keep an eye on that. I got a 10 wk flower time so I'll be looking. I am in there every day. At least twice. Like I said on another persons thread I'd put a couch in the room if it fit n live in there. I'm running timer myself cause I couldn't find one that sounded reliable enough for me. I started 11 hrs dark. And slowly moving up. I'll be running 14hrs dark by 8th week. And I'll stay at 14. Just my experiment.

If you know anything bad about that tell me.

Supposedly some Dutch study claims the longer dark period at the end betters quality. Increases trich and resin production. It's pain in the ass keeping time right but it'll be worth it. I run my dark during daytime for temp stabilizing. I do need to figure how to drop temps toward end on dark hours. I will hook a vent directly to my a/c and feed it to my intake if I have to. I have intake at the bottom of the room. A 3 inch elevated floor so it pulls cool air under the plants to the back of the room where I have holes in the false floor to allow air in. But no light. And exhaust is in the front top of the room blowing through a homemade filter for smell. I used a 5 gal paint strainer bag n put moth balls in it in the duct. It goes to attic n never gets back into room. I don't even smell the moth balls at all. But no green smell either.

S

Socalking

I'll keep an eye on that. I got a 10 wk flower time so I'll be looking. I am in there every day. At least twice. Like I said on another persons thread I'd put a couch in the room if it fit n live in there. I'm running timer myself cause I couldn't find one that sounded reliable enough for me. I started 11 hrs dark. And slowly moving up. I'll be running 14hrs dark by 8th week. And I'll stay at 14. Just my experiment.

If you know anything bad about that tell me.

Supposedly some Dutch study claims the longer dark period at the end betters quality. Increases trich and resin production. It's pain in the ass keeping time right but it'll be worth it. I run my dark during daytime for temp stabilizing. I do need to figure how to drop temps toward end on dark hours. I will hook a vent directly to my a/c and feed it to my intake if I have to. I have intake at the bottom of the room. A 3 inch elevated floor so it pulls cool air under the plants to the back of the room where I have holes in the false floor to allow air in. But no light. And exhaust is in the front top of the room blowing through a homemade filter for smell. I used a 5 gal paint strainer bag n put moth balls in it in the duct. It goes to attic n never gets back into room. I don't even smell the moth balls at all. But no green smell either.

Yep! I'm running 14.5 hrs dark on week three, and my buds are fat asf for week 3. I used to run my plants with lights on during nighr and somehow they just know, and it causes them problems. Now i run it in sync(90 degrees at times) but the heat doesnt reallly affect end product so long as you have proper ventilation(5 or 6x the rooms volume per minute)

IMG 1645
IMG 1654
Monster762

Monster762

Ok now I am about to be day 15 of flower. I'm not sure exactly what a plant at 15 days 12/12 should look like flower wise. Opinions?

I know they are stretching. Definately females and flowers are starting up. I didn't smell anything when I went to the bedroom but when I opened the green room door it smacked my in the face. Smelling good now. And obviously my exhaust filter works. I definately think the stretch is good. I have 9 ft ceiling so I want to reach a bit.
I need input on how to stabilize them once they put weight on n try to lean.
I have gc which claims 10 week flowering period.
I'm running 12/12 now. Started at 11 dark and moved up 15 minutes every 3-4 days. I'm going to continue that until I hit 14 hrs dark then run 14 til the last 3 days where I will keep lights out entirely. If that's not a good plan tell me. Oh and they are eating good. Need to swap out my homemade co2 for new sugar n yeast but need yeast. All I've been able to find is dinky little 3 packs of packets. I did put the small ones in a different room days back so now it's just the 3 in the pic. I am going to trim all the tiny trash branches off bottoms tomorrow to stop them from wasting energy.

Let me know how they look for day 15.
IMG 0491
IMG 0492
IMG 0493

Latest posts

Top Bottom