First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Own this place and just recently sold our other acerage that is exactly 1/2 mile north the way the crow flies. We bought this place a year ago and i wanted to compare.
20200129 093652

Water was tested "safe to drink

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Soil question since the hydro plants are lame and not doing much.

2 gallons of tap water in a bucket. 8.0ph

I added 1ml per gallon of silica. That raised ph to 9.7. It’s sitting with an air stone bubbling it before I add more stuff. That should mix it.

so just add some ph down, then micro bloom and grow, then my other shit, then ph it again?
Ph down to 6.5 and let mix for a while then micro and mix a while then the rest

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Own this place and just recently sold our other acerage that is exactly 1/2 mile north the way the crow flies. We bought this place a year ago and i wanted to compare.
View attachment 1075634

Water was tested "safe to drink
Damn... that tap is almost at the other end of the insulator spectrum. 0 ppm water is an insulator, it's the sediment in it that makes water a conductor. i think the next end is something like 3k PPM, or 4 EC roughly? Can't imagine what that does to the kidneys...

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

@User59204626117 for future reference now that u have experienced the headache of la k of knowledge combined with DWC blues. once ur done this run. just make hempy buckets with their short learning curve and no maintenance or electricity. u could always do coco for hydro type results as well. slightly longer learning curve compared to kiss and hempy buckets. wish u the best

p.s best to do all ur homework before u start and now u know why. lesson learned you don't need to ever repeat.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
@User59204626117 for future reference now that u have experienced the headache of la k of knowledge combined with DWC blues. once ur done this run. just make hempy buckets with their short learning curve and no maintenance or electricity. u could always do coco for hydro type results as well. slightly longer learning curve compared to kiss and hempy buckets. wish u the best

p.s best to do all ur homework before u start and now u know why. lesson learned you don't need to ever repeat.
his next run will be alot better and easier. His main issue was that the plants were in soil and afterwards he put them in hydro setup.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Yeah I don’t think I was THAT unprepared.

mainly mixed the nutes wrong and made a few mistakes. I’d rather learn as I go I guess.

Definitely not going backwards after this run and downgrading that’s for sure

User59204626117

User59204626117

Sooo h202. I don’t think I’ve cracked into it yet. How? And when do I use it?

Also. Can I use it on my soil plants too?

its 29%. If I remember right. I mix that 10:1 to make it 3%. Then add 1ml per gallon?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Sooo h202. I don’t think I’ve cracked into it yet. How? And when do I use it?

Also. Can I use it on my soil plants too?

its 29%. If I remember right. I mix that 10:1 to make it 3%. Then add 1ml per gallon?
I think one mliter per gallon is for full 30% strength. I use 2 tsp per gallon of 3% which equals about 10 mliters 👍

Last edited:
User59204626117

User59204626117

What beneficial microbes? It’s basically the exact same liquid solution I’m using for hydro as I am in soil. It’s not live soil or organic or anything.

The dirt is acting the same as my clay pebbles... it’s just a mechanical means of supporting the roots isn’t it? It doesn’t provide anything else.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What beneficial microbes? It’s basically the exact same liquid solution I’m using for hydro as I am in soil. It’s not live soil or organic or anything.

The dirt is acting the same as my clay pebbles... it’s just a mechanical means of supporting the roots isn’t it? It doesn’t provide anything else.
Not really the same. Hydrogen peroxide does add o2 to the root zone for maybe an hr? Its not something I would recommend at all. I'm not a fan of hydrogen peroxide in any media bit especially not soil. All media will benefit from from beneficial bacteria and soil mycos. Even in hydro the hydrogen peroxide doesn't last long at all less than 24 hrs and probablymore like hrs. This is why you need to add frequently.

The claims of using for o2 made by the internet are laughable. Like I say yes it does but its broken down and depleted in no time. Its used to wiped out all microbes good and bad. The reason you need to use it every 2-3days is because by that point they have started to colonize the media again. It doesnt keep killing them for 3 days it just wipes them out and is literally depleted very quickly.

Thats all I'm gonna say on it. It works in hydro but not my cup of tea and would never think of adding it to soil.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
I only use it to "shock" my rez clean when I do a change. Nerver for any oxygen baloney. I actually like it because it's so harmles and breaks down so fast. Super cheapo too!

Top Bottom