First DWC. overwhelmed with names and chemicals and additives

• Thread starter User59204626117
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
User59204626117

User59204626117

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well there we go. My meter saying 8.10 is damn close.

so. I’ve been feeding my soil plants 8.0ph nutes forever. They’ve been doing good. Wtf
All good there... low sodium, good alkalinity. The PH is from the bicarbonate and will act as a good buffer to help keep ph stable after you add the nutrients and ph down. But you don't want to use citric acid with it or it will skyrocket right back up over about 12 hrs.

User59204626117

User59204626117

What’s citric acid and why would I use that? I don’t think I got that in my arsenal

My silica bottle says ph up. Silica are pretty important to use in soil grows aren’t they? Therefore if I want to use some it’ll bring it up even more. I can just add ph down at that point can’t I?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

You drink that water? Is that 2460 ppm for just the water?

Ph is only 6.7...that high of ppm and only 6.7 ph..wtf
All potable water is the same ro water used in the grow which exits the system around 80 ppm / 500 scale.

That 2460 is just as the water was pumped from tbe well. Notice the temp

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

All potable water is the same ro water used in the grow which exits the system around 80 ppm / 500 scale.

You personally consume that water? If so that ppm coming out is most likely all the bad stuff the filter can't catch...ummm, like dont drink the water! Lol..do you live real close to the ocean? How is it so high?

tobh

tobh

Supporter

If you own, might be worth the cost of having the well dug deeper. That well is sitting in a serious sediment, likely lyme, channel. Just food for thought.

No expert, but I grew up on a high mesa in the SW USA. Wells hit those super high numbers when aquafers got low and all the water flow from the mountains kicked up a bunch of shit. Soon after those high levels of sediment hit, the sulfur smell and eventual unpottable taste came.

User59204626117

User59204626117

Soil question since the hydro plants are lame and not doing much.

2 gallons of tap water in a bucket. 8.0ph

I added 1ml per gallon of silica. That raised ph to 9.7. It’s sitting with an air stone bubbling it before I add more stuff. That should mix it.

so just add some ph down, then micro bloom and grow, then my other shit, then ph it again?

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Soil question since the hydro plants are lame and not doing much.

2 gallons of tap water in a bucket. 8.0ph

I added 1ml per gallon of silica. That raised ph to 9.7. It’s sitting with an air stone bubbling it before I add more stuff. That should mix it.

so just add some ph down, then micro bloom and grow, then my other shit, then ph it again?
Yup, allow a few minutes after you add pH down to confirm it's thoroughly mixed, and where you want it. Then, each additional part plus a few minutes in between each additional part to allow thorough mixing, then final pHing.

Mixing nutes is a PITA, through and through. It's time consuming, but when done right, makes all the difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom