First Ever Grow Dwc I Keep Posting In The Wrong Places Lll

• Thread starter Newbie83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

looks good. im about to start my first dwc grow and have 3 buckets ready but have been debating doing a rdwc since i have uniseals and an extra tub. would just need to get a water pump.
Without a doubt... 1 res to ph and ec.... Don't think anymore about it.. get to building. I've done both and currently run rdwc.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yeah i have airstones in each bucket and the res but also have a water pump to recirculate the water to the buckets

kinda like this one. not mine but same concept...
It's a decent setup. I would rather the water inlet at the bottom and exit the top tube tho... keep roots from clogging up lines and overflowing buckets.
Its kinda over kill if you have a rez and circulateing water i wouldn't use any airstones cuz the circulateing water airates the water all by itself if I did use a air stone at all it would be in the rez and thats only if the res was kinda deep ..... if you do dwc then there is no circulateing water at all just buckets of water with a airstone in each bucket .....I have seen people keep a rez for mixing nutrients and use a pump like a hose to fill up the dwc buckets with water and to empty the buckets but each bucket is isolayed not connected to prevent cross contamination .... with a rez and all the buckets connected it will also make your grow more expensive for nutrients I personally would not use a res at all for dwc or ebb flow at all unless you want the res for pre mixing alot of nutrients at once then transfer that water to the bickets with a pump
I will agree that you have to worry about cross contamination but many many ppl run rdwc with no problems. But then again most of us have spent money from res monitors and ph dosers. Either way rdwc is about as easy as anything ever invented. Sure problems arise, as they do with anything in life. But a 4 bucket rdwc would be a breeze to care for. 4 times easier than 4 single buckets.

Just my opinion. Really it's what op likes. Are you a techie? Do you like sophisticated stuff. Well for me, growing in dirt is about as exciting as playing in dirt at 50 years old. Now water chemistry, and hydro... my new love. ...
Not being argumentative, just showing my love for rdwc.... mines actually a waterfarm.
20160908 003119
20160908 003119

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

As you can see they work pretty good.. and that's without a cooler. Your right I only have an air stone in the res. None in the buckets. The ebb and flow of the buckets airates the water in the buckets. Every 4 hrs in circulates the whole system. Res sets outside the tent and is filled with plain RD water. Every 3 days or so I add 10ml of FNB to control bucket to raise EC back to 100% at 2.0 EC. Ph stays around 5.7 to 6.0 without any activity from me... I find it to be wonderful. ...
Downloadfile 18
Downloadfile 17

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

and i first was planning a 4 bucket bubble bucket setup but came across a RDWC setup and it made it look so much more convenient to PH and add nutes to the water and keep it equal for them all. its my first time trying it so im sure it will be a learning experiance.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

and i first was planning a 4 bucket bubble bucket setup but came across a RDWC setup and it made it look so much more convenient to PH and add nutes to the water and keep it equal for them all. its my first time trying it so im sure it will be a learning experiance.
It's easy! If you can do dwc, then Rdwc is same thing. When you add nutes to a single bucket you times gal by ml/per gal. So in rdwc, you times ml/per gal times total gallons of system. Like mine is 40 gal. Eventho. 22.5 gal fills my system. Each bucket only holds 2 gal and it maintains that level constantly. I have a auto top off valve inside the control bucket that allows clean ro to come in from a res outside the tent.
It's pretty simple. I love it. No complaints. Other than I want a UCXL 8 CURRENT CULTURE SYSTEM with a cooler. :)

N

Newbie83

Another weeks worth of root growth are they looking alright

IMG 2206
IMG 2318
D

dab science

@Newbie83 roots look great id try to add something for support and try to get that stock to grow a little straighter upwards like unless your going to train in a manner that also supports the weight but either way its looking awsome bro good job so far

D

dab science

I
As you can see they work pretty good.. and that's without a cooler. Your right I only have an air stone in the res. None in the buckets. The ebb and flow of the buckets airates the water in the buckets. Every 4 hrs in circulates the whole system. Res sets outside the tent and is filled with plain RD water. Every 3 days or so I add 10ml of FNB to control bucket to raise EC back to 100% at 2.0 EC. Ph stays around 5.7 to 6.0 without any activity from me... I find it to be wonderful. ...
View attachment 644248View attachment 644249
I like what you did there with your air splitter .... you ever used one of those non return valves they only let air go one way through it and no water its awsome for me as I get power outages a few times a year and dont want to ruin my air pump in the middle of the night when my power goes out from water going up the line to the pump

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I

I like what you did there with your air splitter .... you ever used one of those non return valves they only let air go one way through it and no water its awsome for me as I get power outages a few times a year and dont want to ruin my air pump in the middle of the night when my power goes out from water going up the line to the pump
I actually plan to move the air pump out side the tent. And I have one of them non return lines on them too. Lil blue one...

Bill22

Bill22

mines actually a waterfarm.
Ha. Twenty-plus years ago I used the predecessor to your waterfarm called an aquafarm, by Genl Hydro w/ the GH Flora series of nutes. The aquafarm was the hot hydro system of its day. I recall all of my friends used soil until they saw the results of the aquafarm. It worked beautifully. Never any pests.

Like you I will soon be using a Current Culture UCXL system. I will be trying out the O2 Grow emitters in 12 of the modules. O2 says the emitters raise DO by 50%. Two universities use the O2 Grow emitters and claim 13%-55%+ increase in yields as a result. The goal: 3 lbs/thouie. Anything less will be a disappointment.

N

Newbie83

@Newbie83 roots look great id try to add something for support and try to get that stock to grow a little straighter upwards like unless your going to train in a manner that also supports the weight but either way its looking awsome bro good job so far
Hey dab thanks man she's starting to smell now, i only noticed this morning. I planning an even canopy so had tied her down, had a delivery of Yo yo's yesterday have thought about a scrogg but she's still small in height I keep dropping and raising the light as I'm trying to sort the leaf curl.

N

Newbie83

She is still supporting herself the stork is quite impressive. Think it's fattening out due to the topping last Thursday. I put Epsom salts into the Kush mix this morning will see if that changes anything, probably not knowing my luck with that plant. Also changed the air stones but they weren't sitting flat on the bottom of the bucket left in for tonight to see if there any good and change them if the plants look bad. Maybe changed to much this week as I won't know specifics now as bad changes could be a number of things doh

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Ha. Twenty-plus years ago I used the predecessor to your waterfarm called an aquafarm, by Genl Hydro w/ the GH Flora series of nutes. The aquafarm was the hot hydro system of its day. I recall all of my friends used soil until they saw the results of the aquafarm. It worked beautifully. Never any pests.

Like you I will soon be using a Current Culture UCXL system. I will be trying out the O2 Grow emitters in 12 of the modules. O2 says the emitters raise DO by 50%. Two universities use the O2 Grow emitters and claim 13%-55%+ increase in yields as a result. The goal: 3 lbs/thouie. Anything less will be a disappointment.
The system works good but I want more control. Faster circulation. Bigger buckets. Mine are 4 gal filled to about 2 1/2 gal each. 8 gal filled to 5 would be much better. But I am gonna rock this system out a couple runs first. I got a few thing a Lil more important than a new 1k hydro system..

N

Newbie83

IMG 2338
IMG 2274
A picture of the blue from Friday and how I left her this morning. A lot of new foliage that I keep having to tie down. Noticing what looks like a bit of nutrient burn as I'm wanting to get her ready for flower so am boosting some of my nutes, while holding others back to deal with the clawing. Ready to deal with it if the solution needs diluting gonna see what she looks like in the morning and decide. Guessing I should see further signs by the morning if she's struggling.

N

Newbie83

Was planning on vegging 6 weeks but maybe longer depending on what she looks like. Would that be ok to veg for 8weeks? as I only have one good plant in my 4x4 tent

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

View attachment 645006 View attachment 645005A picture of the blue from Friday and how I left her this morning. A lot of new foliage that I keep having to tie down. Noticing what looks like a bit of nutrient burn as I'm wanting to get her ready for flower so am boosting some of my nutes, while holding others back to deal with the clawing. Ready to deal with it if the solution needs diluting gonna see what she looks like in the morning and decide. Guessing I should see further signs by the morning if she's struggling.
Its Hard To See The Color Of The Leaves IN The hps light. From the pic it does look to be quite dark green and the leaves seem a Lil ruffled. What is your EC? Ph?

N

Newbie83

Its Hard To See The Color Of The Leaves IN The hps light. From the pic it does look to be quite dark green and the leaves seem a Lil ruffled. What is your EC? Ph?
leaves are quite dark and have had trouble with the clawing from the start. I've not been checking EC just TDS, PH on Wednesday the day after I changed the solution had to be brought down ( which I have to do every week with the drift) been keeping it between 5.6-5.9 and Ppm was at 441

N

Newbie83

IMG 2362
IMG 2363
Accidentally snapped one of my bigger leaves off trying to move it out the way. Not sure how it's gonna effect her as she's a little weird

N

Newbie83

This is the Kush and I have no clue how to fix this one. That droopy leaf on the top is new any help today would be great as This afternoon will be the last I see of them until Monday, unless it's majorly advised too

IMG 2371
Top Bottom