First grow—good morning!

• Thread starter amekins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
amekins

amekins

Very nice work Amy? I think I saw someone say Amy? Anyways, stellar work. The tent above ⬆ was my first tent. Only good for 1 plant. Looks like that’s all you’ll be growing indoor? So that tent would be perfect for your corner. Keep up the great work. Happy grows and happy harvest.
BurnZ
Yes, it’s Amy. Thank you for your input! These are actually both on my amazon grow wish list. I’m working on it. Though the corner tent may be harder to access because of where I’d need to tuck it. I do have another grow started with two plants that I will be keeping (no current means to manage flowering). So I’ve been looking at these...and then talking with the guy at our local hydro store about a deal.
https://smile.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Reflective-Hydroponic-Growing/dp/B06ZY9Z7T8
I believe the same light you posted would work here as well.

amekins

amekins

Hey Amy :) Looks like all is more than well madam! I doubt I have more experience as I didn't put a seed down until '95 (lol). But I'm with both Grown and Shocked (oh im fng KILLING it today). But I'd go for some more time too even if it's in a window or by a door in the too cold days and outside when it's ok. You can get a bit more bulk and quality out of her I think.
What is too cold for her to be outside?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
In VT we leave ours out until frost. It will go at least few weeks with daytime temps barely breaking 50. My dads outdoor grows in NY were always going until at least Halloween

amekins

amekins

I’m still running three outside in ne mass, mid 30s last night. Only a hard frost kills them but the cloudy days slow things down considerably. I would leave her out til theres a frost.
I’ve brought her in at night when we’ve had frost (she’s in a 3-gallon fabric container) which is easy enough. I’m just not sure how cold is too cold during the day.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If your looking for a tent try hydro crunch from home depo, very good quality, much less mony than name brand tents was surprisingly happy with mine, just saying.

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Yes, it’s Amy. Thank you for your input! These are actually both on my amazon grow wish list. I’m working on it. Though the corner tent may be harder to access because of where I’d need to tuck it. I do have another grow started with two plants that I will be keeping (no current means to manage flowering). So I’ve been looking at these...and then talking with the guy at our local hydro store about a deal.
https://smile.amazon.com/MARS-HYDRO-Reflective-Hydroponic-Growing/dp/B06ZY9Z7T8
I believe the same light you posted would work here as well.

I just bought that mars 2.3x2.3 for my mom, Amy. It came with the mars ts1000 light which is definitely worth the upgrade from the 600 from what I’ve read.

amekins

amekins

I just bought that mars 2.3x2.3 for my mom, Amy. It came with the mars ts1000 light which is definitely worth the upgrade from the 600 from what I’ve read.
Thank you so much for this feedback. It’s exactly the kind of info I’m looking for. Your mom is probably my age 😂. The guy at the hydro store said he has that tent at his dad’s and they currently have 4 plants in there. I only need 2. :-)

Hortulanus

Hortulanus

Thank you so much for this feedback. It’s exactly the kind of info I’m looking for. Your mom is probably my age 😂. The guy at the hydro store said he has that tent at his dad’s and they currently have 4 plants in there. I only need 2. :-)

My mom is still young! She’s 60 and it’s perfect for her. I’ve got her set up with 4 plants but they are from reg seeds so she will end up culling some for sure.

She’s got the vent exchanging air every 15 minutes. Temp stays around 70. She still needs to get a humidifier in there though.

I will say that the tent is well made and so is the light but there is no way (at least I think not) that it could do 2+ grams per watt like they say in Mars’ marketing media.

amekins

amekins

My mom is still young! She’s 60 and it’s perfect for her. I’ve got her set up with 4 plants but they are from reg seeds so she will end up culling some for sure.

She’s got the vent exchanging air every 15 minutes. Temp stays around 70. She still needs to get a humidifier in there though.

I will say that the tent is well made and so is the light but there is no way (at least I think not) that it could do 2+ grams per watt like they say in Mars’ marketing media.
Excellent! When did your mom start growing? I’m 52, btw. I have the above in my cart. When I can get to feeling good enough to cull some of the stuff I don’t need around here and make proper room, it will be bought I suspect. How does it vent every 15 mins? I did get a humidifier as it is crazy dry in here.

amekins

amekins

Psssst... Amy... the temps for next week during the day are good. Anything approaching a frost is bad. :)
Well she spent the night inside and got kicked outside for the day when the cats were fed at 6. It’s too raw for me out there. I think a hot shower, heating pad, movie/nap are coming up. 😂

amekins

amekins

I’ve become rather diligent about checking for regularity in the buds after my last plant had a bud worm in a really nice cola. This morning, I noticed this discoloration. I poked gently around it with a pin as a probe to see if any of the leaves were loose, and nothing. Everything is solid. Is this something I should be considered about or just keep an eye on? The rest of the plant looks great.
D4276B71 DBD6 4AC7 AB5A 9FDB36493940
D9570538 18FC 4945 8747 28E664594233
5E483E64 7B24 49DB A87B FD5B8FB18055

Top Bottom