First Grow — Never Knew Farming Was So Much Fun

• Thread starter dadsautomotive
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chobble

Chobble

I had a ton of help from all of you. No joke first time growing anything. I just did a ton of homework about every stage of it before I even bought my first light bulb. Can't thank you guys enough.

Its how you do it :p Now I would recommend moving that HPS to the middle, and those two T5 hoods to the left and right. It'll help make your bud's a lot denser.

Your grow looks great though. Ill definitely tag along.

Also, I dont think any home made Carbon filter is gonna make the cut for you. Get a nice big one so the inlaws dont go lookin for a skunk ;)

Chobble

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

Great job on your first grow. Now just work on controlling plant height, creating a level canopy, and maximizing the canopy and you're all set.

Congrats!
No kidding, I had no clue they would stretch like that when fliped. Dont know how I missed that piece of info.

Chobble

Chobble

No kidding, I had no clue they would stretch like that when fliped. Dont know how I missed that piece of info.

Stretching is something that really varies strain by strain. Plan on a foot of vertical minimum with sativas My strawberry cough(80/20 Sativa) grows about two feet when flowered as to my Master kush (100% Indica) Will maybe stretch like 3 inches. Learn your strains before you do em.

Also! Take clones off now if you want to keep any genetics alive.

Chobble :D

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

Its how you do it :p Now I would recommend moving that HPS to the middle, and those two T5 hoods to the left and right. It'll help make your bud's a lot denser.

Your grow looks great though. Ill definitely tag along.

Also, I dont think any home made Carbon filter is gonna make the cut for you. Get a nice big one so the inlaws dont go lookin for a skunk ;)

Chobble
I have both HPS hoods in the middle and then the T5s on each side of them, I will get rid of the T5s all together after the room is done and replace them with 2 more HPS hoods. I have a carbon filter its about the size of 2 5 gallon buckets maybe I need to get another one.

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

Agreed, if the in-laws can smell it walking the dog, you may be inviting trouble.

outwest
I agree about the trouble thing, my only saving grace with the smell is that I live in the middle of no where and our nearest neighbor is the inlaws. I do need to figure out how to control it better though.

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

Stretching is something that really varies strain by strain. Plan on a foot of vertical minimum with sativas My strawberry cough(80/20 Sativa) grows about two feet when flowered as to my Master kush (100% Indica) Will maybe stretch like 3 inches. Learn your strains before you do em.

Also! Take clones off now if you want to keep any genetics alive.

Chobble :D
I can clone this late into flower ?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I agree about the trouble thing, my only saving grace with the smell is that I live in the middle of no where and our nearest neighbor is the inlaws. I do need to figure out how to control it better though.

Safety first, brother! Post some more details about the intake/outtake of your room, and I'm sure someone will chime in with solutions. You can also post in the Grow Room A/C thread and I'm sure it will get picked up there.

outwest

Chobble

Chobble

I can clone this late into flower ?

Yeah re-veg will take a while, but its better then waiting till later. You have a lot of lower branches with smaller buds down there on a few plants.

When breeding Ill take a clone off the mother plant after she has flowered.

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

Yeah re-veg will take a while, but its better then waiting till later. You have a lot of lower branches with smaller buds down there on a few plants.

When breeding Ill take a clone off the mother plant after she has flowered.

I am going to try that. Any certian method I should use ?

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

Safety first, brother! Post some more details about the intake/outtake of your room, and I'm sure someone will chime in with solutions. You can also post in the Grow Room A/C thread and I'm sure it will get picked up there.

outwest

I think my odor problem has to do with my passive intake. It is a 10 inch intake vented through a central A/C 40 micron filter . The exhaust is 8 inch and is pulled through a charcoal filter not for sure of the size but its pretty close to 2, 5 gallon buckets stacked ontop of each other. How ever it is sitting on the floor and I think I should have hung it from the ceiling.

420alldaze

420alldaze

hey dads , i dont know how i missed this thread, you killed it for a newb;). itll be even better next time 42o

dadsautomotive

dadsautomotive

hey dads , i dont know how i missed this thread, you killed it for a newb;). itll be even better next time 42o

Going to start cutting the mvtf tomorrow those have colas that will make the god bud seem small

philly kush

philly kush

yo dad u killed it!cant wait 2 see some more pix of this killa grow!

Top Bottom