First Grow ~ 4x4 1000w MH/HPS

• Thread starter RogueWiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Ive got a water question. What changed with RO filters over the last 5 to 10 years that caused them from being almost 1:5 sometimes to now 1:1 to 1:2 on waste? Filter tech?

RogueWiz

RogueWiz

Ive got a water question. What changed with RO filters over the last 5 to 10 years that caused them from being almost 1:5 sometimes to now 1:1 to 1:2 on waste? Filter tech?
The Membranes changed. You order them by water temperature and quality, so certain areas have certain membranes that work better and more efficient for them. Also technology and manufacturing, of course they're finding simpler more efficient ways of removing things in certain orders.

RogueWiz

RogueWiz

So I gave a pretty heavy feed on the 21st in the morning and by today the ladies soaked almost most of that up so I hit it again with around 400TDS 6.2 PH (my PH is still just under 7 in soil) , light first feed of Kelp, Forest Farms bloom and grow big; as my TDS Runoff is coming down to around 550 now. Suggestions on when to increase TDS and start feeding them well? I only have had these in the FF soil since the 10th.

-Rogue

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looking good just 1 note. Seeing humidity spikes after lights out. Be careful of PM.

RogueWiz

RogueWiz

Read an interesting article today , here it is but what intrigued me was this .

"The germicidal effect of UV light, however, diminishes at humidities greater than 70% and is low at humidities greater than 80%.27 Technical aspects have been described elsewhere.27,28"

Anybody reading this use UV from seed vs T5s?
-Rogue

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Read an interesting article today , here it is but what intrigued me was this .

"The germicidal effect of UV light, however, diminishes at humidities greater than 70% and is low at humidities greater than 80%.27 Technical aspects have been described elsewhere.27,28"

Anybody reading this use UV from seed vs T5s?
-Rogue
I'm guessing we are talking UVA?

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Hey, super sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question, but I saw a ton of people on this thread talking about how they're running 1000w setups in a tent. Do you guys mind how if I ask how that is in terms of drawing power? So... I have a friend who can't necessarily attract attention in a condo, and just needs a little advice one when wattages start drawing attention.

Thanks!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hey, super sorry if this is the wrong spot for this question, but I saw a ton of people on this thread talking about how they're running 1000w setups in a tent. Do you guys mind how if I ask how that is in terms of drawing power? So... I have a friend who can't necessarily attract attention in a condo, and just needs a little advice one when wattages start drawing attention.

Thanks!!
Depends where ya live. 1000w per hr. X how many hours a day X how many days in the month. Then look at your electric bill to see the rate per KW/hr

A 1000w light will basically be 1kw per hr of use.

mantistoboggan

mantistoboggan

Depends where ya live. 1000w per hr. X how many hours a day X how many days in the month. Then look at your electric bill to see the rate per KW/hr

A 1000w light will basically be 1kw per hr of use.
Makes sense, thank you man. Been a while since it has been indoor, much appreciated.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Thanks!!
Where I live electricity cost .15 Cents per KWHR so my 1000w hps cost .15 cents per hr to run x12 hrs per day =$1.80 per day = $54 per month + tax + fans & dehumidifier = close to $100 per month. This will get noticed in an apartment with everyone else being lower than you. I'd suggest LED's or lower wattage lights 1000watts is hard to hide.

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

Where I live electricity cost .15 Cents per KWHR so my 1000w hps cost .15 cents per hr to run x12 hrs per day =$1.80 per day = $54 per month + tax + fans & dehumidifier = close to $100 per month. This will get noticed in an apartment with everyone else being lower than you. I'd suggest LED's or lower wattage lights 1000watts is hard to hide.
Right- 1000w isnt too bad by itself, until you include a window AC unit, humidifier, fans, thats another 3400 or so and suddenly your bill has quadrupled.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Noticed by who? Unlikely a $100, $500, or even $1000 difference at an apartment would be an issue, as long as the bill is paid. Running 1000w hps, fans, even a/c, my bill is just $123.

Last year this time, doing nothing, it was about $60.

No one is gonna say anything, or care about electric bill unless meter is bypassed

Bigger issue in apartments is smell and noise. Hell, when I was moving in to a spot once, my neighbor had a bag of Promix outside his front door. We all know no one is growing house plants with Promix. Stuff like that gets folks popped, not $200 electric bills

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
No one will say boo about large electricity bills. Unless they are not being paid!

Think if the hydro company bill are always paid then they want you to use more hydro. No for profit buisness is gonna say anything as long as they get paid. On that hand my light running 12hr a day plus exhaust fan and a circulating fan costs me an un noticeable amount in my hydro bills. It helps if your bills are large already as mine are, my wife elderly parents live with us so they are home all day and use cpap machines all night. I'm not running a ac unit yet and don't even plan on it.

So my advise on hydro costs is simple what ever the bill is PAY IT! On time.

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Of course this is assuming you actually pay the bill, if your in an apt where the landlord pays all the bills and hydro is included in your Monthly rent, and your portion of said hydro bill goes up by 100$.

Your proabably gonna have a problem.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Noticed by who? Unlikely a $100, $500, or even $1000 difference at an apartment would be an issue, as long as the bill is paid. Running 1000w hps, fans, even a/c, my bill is just $123.

Last year this time, doing nothing, it was about $60.

No one is gonna say anything, or care about electric bill unless meter is bypassed

Bigger issue in apartments is smell and noise. Hell, when I was moving in to a spot once, my neighbor had a bag of Promix outside his front door. We all know no one is growing house plants with Promix. Stuff like that gets folks popped, not $200 electric bills
Sure take a chance at growing in an apartment, If its legal wtf if not and you want to remain stealthy go to a lower watt bulb or LED. Or take a chance you bill won't attract attention its up to you. The folks here don't have to pay your fine or do the time if you get caught. I'm too paranoid to take chances like that.

RogueWiz

RogueWiz

Plants are bushing up!! Still letting them grow out the mains and pull down the ends so the insides start rising up on the stems. Still figuring out the basics as this is my first grow but I think it's going good for a first time. Any suggestions ?

-Rogue

20200426 092845
20200426 092851
20200426 092848
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom