First grow!!! Any advice appreciated

• Thread starter Gdawwwg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Unless you’re totally locked into indoor grow with lots of available time for care and maintenance of numerous lighting, fan, and air filter systems, before investing LOTS of time and $ for indoor grow setup, consider finding a few locations for outdoor guerilla grows. Costs include seeds and soil amendments and a small T5 light for indoor seed starting in spring. Granted, you don’t have total control but it’s sooooo much easier. Good luck however you grow.

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

When Mars hydro was pumping out those blurpurle lights yes they got a bad wrap. The new “full spectrum” led lights they make now are a much better product. When it came down to picking out a grow light I narrowed it down to the same as you, Mars hydro and spiderfarmer. For me ultimately it came down to price. At the time I could not afford a spiderfarmer so I got a Mars hydro ts2000. If you can afford a spiderfarmer I would get it mainly for the Samsung leds witch are superior to the leds Mars hydro uses. With that being said I think for the price difference the Mars hydro has done great for me. I have had zero issues with the light and was plenty of light to flower a 3’x3’x6.5’ tent.
All these were grown with ts2000
2FC90052 833E 46F0 857F AF4AD3251D3A
854DB666 0CEB 4345 B2AB BDF062D56ECB
84016975 B711 4343 96E6 81AC814EADF5
9EF5B93A 4702 454E 84A5 F08CDECBEC0E

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Quick easy install.
Easy to change filters.
$20 online.

Does not remove everything you might be concerned about.

2021 06 23 20 04 02
Fro5ty

Fro5ty

Yeh better be safe than sorry. I feel like i need a back up of everything lol. But thats just way too much money.

Also struggling on which ph and ec meters to buy. So many mixed reviews put me off. Bluelab seem generally the favourite but more at the high end. I was gunna get 'essentials' brand ph and ec meter because they are slightly cheaper.

I think pests are not as much of an issue in dwc from what iv heard. But again better to be safe i spose. Main issue iv heard about is root rot mostly because of high water temps.

My mistake. Im buying the ts3000 not the 'sp' im sure they have a dimmer built in. I might be wrong though. Iv read so much the past month my head is scrambled 📖🤔😳
First time grower here too.

when you buy an EC/pH pen, look at what the calibration fluids cost. Mostly they are a little off from other brands. And in the long run, this is what you are going to spend most money on.

I noticed thatmost people use bluelab. I’ve got an Aquamaster. As long as you don’t buy a cheap $30/€30 piece, you should be good.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Quick easy install.
Easy to change filters.
$20 online.

Does not remove everything you might be concerned about.
Whats the name of it?
Preferably want a unit that can just slide straight onto regular tap and then pack away.rather than actually install it underr sink. Seen a couple that come with like a hose pipe adapter

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

First time grower here too.

when you buy an EC/pH pen, look at what the calibration fluids cost. Mostly they are a little off from other brands. And in the long run, this is what you are going to spend most money on.

I noticed thatmost people use bluelab. I’ve got an Aquamaster. As long as you don’t buy a cheap $30/€30 piece, you should be good.
That makes a lot of sense. Im definately being cheap by not just grabbing the bluelab ec and ph. But would cost me like £140 for the pair. Surely gotta be something just as reliable for less money

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

When Mars hydro was pumping out those blurpurle lights yes they got a bad wrap. The new “full spectrum” led lights they make now are a much better product. When it came down to picking out a grow light I narrowed it down to the same as you, Mars hydro and spiderfarmer. For me ultimately it came down to price. At the time I could not afford a spiderfarmer so I got a Mars hydro ts2000. If you can afford a spiderfarmer I would get it mainly for the Samsung leds witch are superior to the leds Mars hydro uses. With that being said I think for the price difference the Mars hydro has done great for me. I have had zero issues with the light and was plenty of light to flower a 3’x3’x6.5’ tent.
All these were grown wit

All these were grown with ts2000View attachment 1186102View attachment 1186103View attachment 1186104View attachment 1186107
Exactly what i heard to. With the spider youre just paying for the samsung premium. The mars hydro is arguably just as good. Those plants seem more than ok to me 👍🏽

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Unless you’re totally locked into indoor grow with lots of available time for care and maintenance of numerous lighting, fan, and air filter systems, before investing LOTS of time and $ for indoor grow setup, consider finding a few locations for outdoor guerilla grows. Costs include seeds and soil amendments and a small T5 light for indoor seed starting in spring. Granted, you don’t have total control but it’s sooooo much easier. Good luck however you grow.
Gotta be indoor. Unfortunately the weather here is too inconsistent. Too cold aswell most the year. Get a few real good weeks of heat in the summer. Although i have heard of it being done. Indoor definately for me though

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Whats the name of it?
Preferably want a unit that can just slide straight onto regular tap and then pack away.rather than actually install it underr sink. Seen a couple that come with like a hose pipe adapter
It's just a counter top unit that connects to the tap.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If I have to drink the water so do my plants lol, seems like you have your ducks in a row, I would recommend a battery operated thermometer that shows your rh as well as temp.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

If I have to drink the water so do my plants lol, seems like you have your ducks in a row, I would recommend a battery operated thermometer that shows your rh as well as temp.
I will check my water with ec pen. But a lot of people say u notice significant difference with growth. And sometimes nutrient lockout. If the ppm between 100-200 max im guessing should be ok though. Might just be overkill but iv tried to elimimate every possibilty of having a shitty first grow lol

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I appreciate the knowledge though man. Sometimes feel u cant trust everything on certain websites as they could just be talking shit to get sales. Prefer hearing feedback off all u actual growers. Definately helps

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
I will check my water with ec pen. But a lot of people say u notice significant difference with growth. And sometimes nutrient lockout. If the ppm between 100-200 max im guessing should be ok though. Might just be overkill but iv tried to elimimate every possibilty of having a shitty first grow lol
Keep in mind your ppms are going to differ depending on if your pen is based on the 500, 700 or maybe even the 650 scale.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Most of my kit has been delivered now. Pretty much just gotta set up and grab some clones.

Still gotta get humidifier. Do i really need dehumidifier and humidifier both in my tent. Or is it that u find u just need one or the other. Any suggestions on what to buy. Needs to be fairly small as guessing wont be much space for a huge unit.

Also a light timer. I read somewhere that mars hydro dont work the best with super cheap timers(not sure how true this is)

Again any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Most of my kit has been delivered now. Pretty much just gotta set up and grab some clones.

Still gotta get humidifier. Do i really need dehumidifier and humidifier both in my tent. Or is it that u find u just need one or the other. Any suggestions on what to buy. Needs to be fairly small as guessing wont be much space for a huge unit.

Also a light timer. I read somewhere that mars hydro dont work the best with super cheap timers(not sure how true this is)

Again any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated!!!
Awesome hope to see some pics after all set up. Humidifier and dehumidifier really depends on where you live. In Colorado the air is dry here so all I had to use was a humidifier. But if you are somewhere that rains a lot and typically has high rh then you will want a dehumidifier, witch from your other posts sounds like the case being you can’t grow outside do to weather. What Mars hydro did you end up getting? My tsw 2000 came with a timer and works fine, just a cheap one you press the tabs down. Also what size tent did you get? ✌️

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I don't like the tab timers. They seem to mess up often. We use a basic digital one.

You may not need a humidifier because the plants themselves humidify the air when they breathe out.
Yes, plants breathe. They breathe out water thru the pores in the leaves.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

Awesome hope to see some pics after all set up. Humidifier and dehumidifier really depends on where you live. In Colorado the air is dry here so all I had to use was a humidifier. But if you are somewhere that rains a lot and typically has high rh then you will want a dehumidifier, witch from your other posts sounds like the case being you can’t grow outside do to weather. What Mars hydro did you end up getting? My tsw 2000 came with a timer and works fine, just a cheap one you press the tabs down. Also what size tent did you get? ✌️
Will post some pics soon as everything ready to go. Yeh im in england rains quite a bit and is cold right now.

I got the ts3000. Actually havent unboxed it yet so maybe i got a timer too. Got the 1.2m x 1.2m tent

Going 4 dwc setup. Preferably one of the haze strains.

Gdawwwg

Gdawwwg

I don't like the tab timers. They seem to mess up often. We use a basic digital one.

You may not need a humidifier because the plants themselves humidify the air when they breathe out.
Yes, plants breathe. They breathe out water thru the pores in the leaves.
So would you say just a dehumifier then with humidistat?

Dont mind buying them. Just wondering how necessary are they. Also because of having small tent dont wanna cram too much in. Unless i really have to

Latest posts

Top Bottom