First grow, Autoflowers, and the Mediterranean winter...

• Thread starter fatconeskills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

how does one deal with overwatering when watering is daily ? I suddenly got these ladies to droop after days of the same exact schedule.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Screen Shot 2020 02 04 at 114904 AM

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Proceeded to flush with calmag sensi extra. runoff measured at 6.5. Just on the peak. Will monitor next feeding runoff. PPM ordered, Mars Hydro TS-600 ordered. Looking forward to the warmer light for flower.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

SO everything that could go wrong, has gone wrong. I feel absolutely terrible, not only are they struggling, but my experience as a grower is limited, so I hope to learn how to cure my ladies symptoms. At this point I'm not even concerned with yield, but just want to restore the health of these poor things. Really don't want to pull the plug.

IMG 20200206 120853
IMG 20200206 120900
IMG 20200206 120904
IMG 20200206 120908
Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m a new grower myself it looks like to much love, hopefully you have stopped the training? And feeding u til ya get the meter, post your info and a picture in the infirmary and hopefully someone with experience will chime in.

How old are they ?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have been growing autoflowers for 9 years, first off do not feed till day 21 there much to small, in veg i feed lightly with botanacare pro grow in veg after day 21, and very lighley autos are easy to burn, im running a 600w 2 cycle led, never used blim burn or whatever but you want to steer clear of f2 plants to unstable, try something further along for stability, i usalley use methisto or Sweet but right now im running critical by Nirvana at week 8 see pics, once i take my plants out of veg i put them under a booster and give atami bloombastic but again lightly, autos are fussy bitchy time oreented plants that are simple to burn and you do not run them like photoperiod plants, if you need help or advice ask i will b glad to help, allso when running autos run 1 strain at a time, running multiple strains mean some plants will be smaller and maybe not get enough light and suffer for it remember time oriented, last pic was a grow i just finished toof decay by Methisto, there is nothing wrong with f2 plants but they do tend to b more unstable.

20200206 085056
20200206 085108
20191228 182511
Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

They aren't dead yet. You've been feeding at a reduced schedule until you get your ppm meter so you don't burn them. I bet you're just low on nutes at this point. Increase to half strength if you want but you really need to know the condition of your coco and the best way to do that is to ppm your runoff. When you get the ingoing ph and ppm, then the outgoing pH and ppm, we can narrow down what's wrong.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I’m a new grower myself it looks like to much love, hopefully you have stopped the training? And feeding u til ya get the meter, post your info and a picture in the infirmary and hopefully someone with experience will chime in.

How old are they ?
hey bud. they're. 5 weeks going into 6 weeks. I will flush and. wait to see what happens.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

We should be clear about the difference between flush and water to runoff. Flushing uses about 3 times the volume of your medium in water so if you're in 3 gallon pots you would use 9 gallons.

What you want to do is water to runoff, where you just give between 2-4 liters per pot to the point of getting a decent amount of runoff. Then you can test the runoff to know what the deal is.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

We should be clear about the difference between flush and water to runoff. Flushing uses about 3 times the volume of your medium in water so if you're in 3 gallon pots you would use 9 gallons.

What you want to do is water to runoff, where you just give between 2-4 liters per pot to the point of getting a decent amount of runoff. Then you can test the runoff to know what the deal is.
you're the best dude. Thats what Ive been doing. I'll let them finish there time. I noticed that the. pistil hairs on the bud sites have turned brown. Is this the a sign they won't flower ?

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

you're the best dude. Thats what Ive been doing. I'll let them finish there time. I noticed that the. pistil hairs on the bud sites have turned brown. Is this the a sign they won't flower ?
Just a sign they are reaching the end of their life cycle. Maybe they are starved. Like I said you can bump up the nutes a bit. Get your bloom recipe going if you wanna try to harvest these ones. Next plants should do much better.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Just a sign they are reaching the end of their life cycle. Maybe they are starved. Like I said you can bump up the nutes a bit. Get your bloom recipe going if you wanna try to harvest these ones. Next plants should do much better.
Thank you my man, you've been nothing but a savior to this grow and my sanity. I'm going to do as you suggested. Will keep you posted as always

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

little update, Things are much better but not great. They are showing signs of healthier growth. Will do my best to keep these ladies as healthy as possible, and finish this grow to the best of my abilities. I'm not one to give in easy, and these ladies still have some kick in them. I'm really amazed at how resilient they are.

Screen Shot 2020 02 07 at 20509 PM
Screen Shot 2020 02 07 at 20527 PM
Screen Shot 2020 02 07 at 20538 PM
Screen Shot 2020 02 07 at 20552 PM
Screen Shot 2020 02 07 at 20607 PM
Screen Shot 2020 02 07 at 20618 PM
Moshmen

Moshmen

hey bud. they're. 5 weeks going into 6 weeks. I will flush and. wait to see what happens.
Kool glad EDIN stopped by, ur in good hands . Just remember autos are different ! And easily burnt so when the photo guys are tellin you to feed be careful! Just my experience. I’m like @Edinburgh I don’t feed for the first 3-4 weeks water only . good info there the autos are super fussy and don’t eat much

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Kool glad EDIN stopped by, ur in good hands . Just remember autos are different ! And easily burnt so when the photo guys are tellin you to feed be careful! Just my experience. I’m like @Edinburgh I don’t feed for the first 3-4 weeks water only . good info there the autos are super fussy and don’t eat much
I'm definitely going to follow your advice. When watering, can I add calmat, or not necessary ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I'm definitely going to follow your advice. When watering, can I add calmat, or not necessary ?
Again be careful I personally don’t anymore if your using tap or spring water you should be getting enuff calcium, here’s a pic of a burnt plant that was fed incorrectly the last two is what I got goin now and one just harvested

82DF485F C474 4CCC A568 27143CE9CF5C
F48C98E2 364D 4C04 9BFE F43A59CF8FF4
ACA00867 6839 423E 86FA 668D99C0D261
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Again be careful I personally don’t anymore if your using tap or spring water you should be getting enuff calcium, here’s a pic of a burnt plant that was fed incorrectly the last two is what I got goin now and one just harvested
Really happy plants ! That last one... phenomenal colors and colas. Bluedream derived strain ?
For now I'm looking out for new pistils, I really hope she doesn't go full ruderalis on my ass and give me tiny calucs.
I do see fresh pistils, and the strain is a 9-10 weeker, so I'm hoping for just some buds. The worst part is I had my dad all excited to get off his prescription medication, wanted him to do the RSO switch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom