First grow, Autoflowers, and the Mediterranean winter...

• Thread starter fatconeskills
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Really happy plants ! That last one... phenomenal colors and colas. Bluedream derived strain ?
For now I'm looking out for new pistils, I really hope she doesn't go full ruderalis on my ass and give me tiny calucs.
I do see fresh pistils, and the strain is a 9-10 weeker, so I'm hoping for just some buds. The worst part is I had my dad all excited to get off his prescription medication, wanted him to do the RSO switch.
Has some blueberry In it

EA5C6013 EECF 4C12 B407 7AE09F00A8BD
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Things seem to be under better control. Pistil hairs have started to pop out again, plants are perky and stronger. Is it recommended I defoliate these autos ?

IMG 8113
IMG 8114
IMG 8115
IMG 8116
IMG 8118
IMG 8119
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I have been feeding using distilled water. Yesterday they received a gallon of fertigation. Dosing using "Lucas formula", just to not over do N. 2ml cal mag, 2 ml micro, 4ml bloom ph'd 5.8. New tops did show some burning, so today they got a distilled water ph'd at 5.8. The more sativa dominant pheno in the square pot seems to be eating more, and is more tolerant to feeding. I fed her 2ml micro 4 ml bloom without cal mag.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

No. If you defoliate you will shorten their life span and make the harvest smaller. Nothing more than low stress training and scrogs in my opinion.
They sure are looking better. Think they were just starving for nutes. Step them up again if you think they are ready.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

No. If you defoliate you will shorten their life span and make the harvest smaller. Nothing more than low stress training and scrogs in my opinion.
They sure are looking better. Think they were just starving for nutes. Step them up again if you think they are ready.
good thing I didn't ! I'll bump it up to 3/6ml on micro and grow and see how they respond. Low ppm to no in the water seems to be the safest bet until that darn pen gets here.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

once I upped the P like you said, the pistils showed. Also runoffs are now always the clarity of the feed, I'm no longer getting brown tinted runoff.

Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

Very nice! Now watch for the leaf tips to start yellowing. If you see a sign of that you're probably giving too many nutes. Get your feed schedule between there and you'll have a good idea of what most strains need. Problem with autos is they can be temperamental and just when you think you've figured things out they flip the script. Diagnosing any problems is easier when you know the only thing they are getting are the nutes you're giving them and not some shit in your medium. You're locking in the essentials.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Small update. TS 600 is in and I really like It. It's brighter than I thought. First driverless quantum board ? Quality is good, not much you can break on it, it's light, and solid. I hope I get a better flowering spectrum. There is still a single 75w cfl hanging adjacent to the seedling. I will probably add supplemental 3000k cfl lights later.
Feedings still at 2ml micro, 4ml bloom, and 2ml cal mag. should I expect any. more vegetative growth at this point ?

IMG 8144
IMG 8145
IMG 8146
IMG 8147
IMG 8148
IMG 8149
Hedimitrius

Hedimitrius

Man those ladies are happy! You probably won't get too much more growth now that buds are forming, but different strains are capable of stretching in flower. I'm growing jack herer and I have been getting another 6 inches or so after flower sets in.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Man those ladies are happy! You probably won't get too much more growth now that buds are forming, but different strains are capable of stretching in flower. I'm growing jack herer and I have been getting another 6 inches or so after flower sets in.
Lets hope I can keep them happy. I. heard gorilla glue tends to be a bigger plant, but after the LST they are on the bushy side. Aroma is starting to permeate. I defoliated the dead leaves slightly. I chewed on the stem for some reason, and I was able to make out some terpenes, just a little teaser.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Gonna see the stretch, try to keep the canopy as even as possible then they will fatten lookin good !!!

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Gonna see the stretch, try to keep the canopy as even as possible then they will fatten lookin good !!!
thank you Moshmen ! I wanted to SCROG but I remove them every watering. I'll restart LST tomorrow. I removed all the LST ties when all the stress happened. Safe to LST again ?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I just bend the tallest east colas with some weights not saying it’s right it’s just what I do , some people use fishing weights, I use nuts . If ya do it becareful not to break the top

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

I just bend the tallest east colas with some weights not saying it’s right it’s just what I do , some people use fishing weights, I use nuts . If ya do it becareful not to break the top
Im not that brave. I had me self shitting bricks doing light defo. The stems are more brittle as you stated. Let the cola go wild I guess for this grow. I do however have some nice lower growth tops catching up, and one of my ladies has 6 homogenous tops. the weighted list will come when my growing testicles finally drop.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Small little update. First, the runtiest of the runts. Purple genetics are kicking in, purple coloration in calyx. Some resin is forming so even as little as this plant is, this is my first time being resin being produced. I decided to run her in a 50-50 coco potting soil mix to experiment...stunted the shit out of her, and before any explosive veg could happen, she flowered. Also small pot was a terrible idea. I think 1 liter. Don't do it folks. I may top dress with some of the potting soil I used, what do you guys think ? NPK is hot @ 14:10:18. Other plants were watered with cal mag in distilled water, total of 4.79 liters between 4, they are getting thirsty. Noticed some roots peeping out the drainage. should I be concerned ?
I noticed even with the distilled water, and the. 1/4 dose of Lucas formula, they still burn. I'm not really complaining, just changes my perspective on fertigation, and how much under the assumption I was that the more I feed the bigger and better.

IMG 8178
IMG 8179
IMG 8180
IMG 8181
IMG 8182
IMG 8184
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

little update. Things feel more comfrtable with coco, but still having issues diagnosing my ladies. They seem hungry, yet I'm getting burnt tips. I'm assuming some lockout is occurring. I plain watered earlier today with some calma g. Will fertigate in a bit as a secondary feeding.

1BD0ACE0 0468 49C6 A25D FE52A091F8C3
1C1C8DD9 65FC 4A0F 8144 300093F9AD63
A395B725 D734 432C 8DDF 30EDF351BCF6
IMG 8246
IMG 8249
IMG 8250
fatconeskills

fatconeskills

This Monday marks 7 weeks since sprouting. Breeder says 8-9 weeks, I call bull. Most of these time frames are exaggerated. Maybe in a hydro system and blasting the bloom nutes at week 3, maybe they could finish. They've been shooting pistils for a week, hopefully these flower. Looking like a 10-11 week finisher. Clear difference in the phenos. Interesting to see bud structure and development if these do end up finishing.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Hey bro, are you feeding? Autos are very simple to burn, i never feed till day 21 and very lighley, i use botanacare pro grow and mix 3/4 of 1 tablespoon per gal of water, when you do a grow run the same strain makes life easier, i taught my bro in Scotland how to grow autoflowers over e mail, it took me a year but he rarely asked for advice anymore, the main thing is good drainage, good dirt, and leave them alone, i have a 2 cycles 600w led with seedlings about 30inc then down 2 24inc you want your little plants reaching for the light not shying from it, when my plants are 21 days old i feed lightly remember autos are not photos they flower with time not photoperiod, they will go into a growth spurt starting around 3 weeks strain dependent and lasts for a week or 10 days, then the plant will slow considerably and start to flower, i still keep them in veg, at around day 50 i give a light flush and start giveing atami bloombastic 2ml per gal and put plant under a booster for the rest of the grow, dont get discouraged were here to help, i suggest you star off with Northern lights, a big simple plant that lets mistakes slide, my biggest problem teaching my frien was he kept burning his plants bc he did not understand how little they need, second he kept messing with them topping and such, leave them alone use good dirt and drainage, feed a good food but lightly after the plant is big enough to take it. Im just trying to help you with the basics bc you do not grow autos the same as photos, in fact you can do everything right and you have messed up seeds, there expensive, i grow Sweet, Buddha, Methisto (great auto breeder) Fast Buds, Nirvana, these breeders are legitimate and breed great autoflowers a good seed makes all the difference, im about a week from chopping a run of critical by Nirvana, see pics, you can easily grow like this if you understand that autos need good dirt and drainage, feed a good food lightly after day 21, use a good flowering agent, i recommend atami bloombastic when you take your plants out of veg and start giveing atami your flower will blow right up. Any time you need advice just ask, and no im not preaching to you just trying to impress that autos are different i have been growing them continually for 9 years june. Good luck!

20200215 193610
20200215 193628
Top Bottom