First Grow, CLf's

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jagle

jagle

I know you know what your doing

just barely haha still very green

and thanks for that article, ya i fucked up had them covered for the better part of the first day, think i starved em of oxygen, my soil is moist, not over moist but a good amount so pretty sure i havent drowned the fuckers

resisting the urge to uncover the earth see if anythings going on

B

Bluberry

Thats what they say, and the mandala article says to plant in soil, so you have that right, the warmth is good, so you should be fine ! I guess all first time fathers stress a bit ! Good luck bro !

jagle

jagle

Thats what they say, and the mandala article says to plant in soil, so you have that right, the warmth is good, so you should be fine ! I guess all first time fathers stress a bit ! Good luck bro !

thanks BB, ya i think im just over thinking it 2 days since plant now, im gonna give it another 2 then well see

B

Bluberry

It will probably be longer, remember when you paper towels it can take a day or two for the seeds to crack, then they have to be replanted and grow through the soil, so you will have a longer wait. Get the cigars ready !

jagle

jagle

It will probably be longer, remember when you paper towels it can take a day or two for the seeds to crack, then they have to be replanted and grow through the soil, so you will have a longer wait. Get the cigars ready !

thanks BB, right no more crap updates, next time im back with dead seeds or pics

B

Bluberry

Jang, are you budding in those big pots - they look a bit big to be starting with? Also the soil should be moist but not to damp, I think it looks ok. This is what Mandala says...

Fresh and healthy seeds prefer a nurturing and airy substrate to germinate in – just as mother nature has meant it to be. Cannabis is a plant species originating from semi-arid and temperate biotopes and the vast majority of modern cannabis hybrids contain a substantial percentage of these genetics. Cannabis seeds are not adapted to swampy wetlands, but they are suited for germinating in well drained soil/substrate. In nature they rot if they fall into a puddle of water...and there are no paper tissues lying around either. Taking into account these botanical facts, it is quite logical that by creating germination conditions that are similar to those of the natural habitat you can expect the best results.

But I am a really not the one to give advice - ANY EXPERIENCED FARMERS OUT THERE?

B

Bluberry

also when watering I am sure I read that you should use room temp water?

dextr0

dextr0

Just wait a couple more days.

I do not like popping in soil because i feel the wait is so long and u have no idea whats going on. I use hot water in a mug and set the seeds in there for 2 days at most, keeping covered to hold in warmth (not HOT)(Oh I actually use a baby wipe warmer, but covered coffee mug works fine). By then most will have popped or not. I watch them very closely, as i dont want them to drown, and they wont as long as they are not popped and setting in water a long time(this means that once they pop u get them out and transplant, u are not looking for a long root. You are looking for the top to crack and u will barely see the root popping out.). When I am doing this I check on them about three times a day after the first 12hrs. That ensures they dont drown. This method lets you know that the seed has popped and was viable to use. If the plant dosent come up in say 3 days after that something is probably wrong.

Hope that helps.

Soil looks ok, I keep em wet the first days so they will pop, heat is also very important.

Edit: If it was me, I would be giving light already. If the seed was good and popped then the light gives it a heat source and the top will strive to reach the light.

jagle

jagle

Jang, are you budding in those big pots - they look a bit big to be starting with?

there just 6inchs, ill be trans planting them out at about 2 maybe 3 weeks once they out grow it just didnt wanna use too small a pop be transplanting at a few days

jagle

jagle

thanks dextr0, maybe putting them under 24 hours light till they pop heads and then go 18/6? r just under 18/6?

Just wait a couple more days.

I do not like popping in soil because i feel the wait is so long and u have no idea whats going on. I use hot water in a mug and set the seeds in there for 2 days at most, keeping covered to hold in warmth (not HOT)(Oh I actually use a baby wipe warmer, but covered coffee mug works fine). By then most will have popped or not. I watch them very closely, as i dont want them to drown, and they wont as long as they are not popped and setting in water a long time(this means that once they pop u get them out and transplant, u are not looking for a long root. You are looking for the top to crack and u will barely see the root popping out.). When I am doing this I check on them about three times a day after the first 12hrs. That ensures they dont drown. This method lets you know that the seed has popped and was viable to use. If the plant dosent come up in say 3 days after that something is probably wrong.

Hope that helps.

Soil looks ok, I keep em wet the first days so they will pop, heat is also very important.

Edit: If it was me, I would be giving light already. If the seed was good and popped then the light gives it a heat source and the top will strive to reach the light.

jagle

jagle

18/6 is cool if thats how u gonna run em.

ya just having problems with temp, my room gets up to 75 -80 but when lights go off down to 40 now after 5 hours of off. will have to fix this before plants go in so trying to read as much as possible at the minute

jagle

jagle

lights on in grow box moved plants in there for the heat, already at 52degrees i know thats cold up in a half an hour it should be plenty warm for them will check up on them in there tonight and keep soil moist

dextr0

dextr0

If you dont have anything else for heat then yes keep them 24. Sounds good tho.

Top Bottom