First Grow, CLf's

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jagle

jagle

If you dont have anything else for heat then yes keep them 24. Sounds good tho.

ya nicely warm now, id say they were too cold and stunted growth, gonna mist em and keep an eye on them all night, when they pop, they will pop into a 18/6 cycle too so itll be good for em

B

Bluberry

Jang I just picked up a heated germination pod at B&Q for 13.00 , Might be to late but it may make it easier for you, just pop the pots in it and see what happens?

jagle

jagle

Jang I just picked up a heated germination pod at B&Q for 13.00 , Might be to late but it may make it easier for you, just pop the pots in it and see what happens?

thanks ill get that for the next run.

GREAT NEWS
as of 7.30 thats 44.5 hours in KOKush 1 and JB 2 have sprouted, i was checking up on temps, misting them and moving the soil around gently for air and i stumbled across 2 1/8 of an inch lil roots, no pics as i didnt wanna leave em uncovered for long so gentle moved a bit of soil over em and gave a light pat.

very excited, would the baby roots being in the air damage them? i made sure not to touch them

dextr0

dextr0

U can stop misting. Dont let soil completely get dry but let it dry out a little. U want your roots to search and grow, less water will make them search for it.

Do not let it get completely dry tho, as your roots are small and will dry out quick.

Dont compact the soil by patting down or scratching through it anymore as u might damage a root.

If u do anything just water lightly when needed and make sure they stay warm.

lazarus718

lazarus718

More than likely, I'm guessing you didn't pre-soak them either?

jagle

jagle

thanks dex, ya soil is moist to the touch now,
ya just gonna leave em off, afraid the temp in the 6 hour dark will get very cold tomorrow tho, nothing i can do tho, bloody freezing here lately

U can stop misting. Dont let soil completely get dry but let it dry out a little. U want your roots to search and grow, less water will make them search for it.

Do not let it get completely dry tho, as your roots are small and will dry out quick.

Dont compact the soil by patting down or scratching through it anymore as u might damage a root.

If u do anything just water lightly when needed and make sure they stay warm.

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Jagle. Member me. You posted at the beginning of my last "ghetto" grow. Looks like you've done your research cause your setup's pretty clean. Sub'd. Always down for a 1st grow. Looks like you have some pro's following along too, so your in good hands.

P.S. Love the modesty jagle.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Yeah, you would have had a little quicker germination probably with a soak...the 18/6 or 24 on question is a hotly debated one...basically your plants will grow faster with 24 hours of lights but you'll save some $ by running the 18/6. I go with the 18/6 and keep mine running overnight so that my space doesn't get too cold during the winter. I know its tempting to investigate the ones that haven't popped yet, but like Dex said it is really easy to damage a root by just moving your soil around. Some of those beans might take quite some time to sprout.

jagle

jagle

hey ya man how you getting on.

thank you, ya just did my reading
ya getting a great response ye guys, im nervous but i know i get ye, so again thanks to everyone.

Jagle. Member me. You posted at the beginning of my last "ghetto" grow. Looks like you've done your research cause your setup's pretty clean. Sub'd. Always down for a 1st grow. Looks like you have some pro's following along too, so your in good hands.

P.S. Love the modesty jagle.

jagle

jagle

thanks laz, ya just gonna leave em if they come up they come up, just gonna keep doing what im doing so far

Yeah, you would have had a little quicker germination probably with a soak...the 18/6 or 24 on question is a hotly debated one...basically your plants will grow faster with 24 hours of lights but you'll save some $ by running the 18/6. I go with the 18/6 and keep mine running overnight so that my space doesn't get too cold during the winter. I know its tempting to investigate the ones that haven't popped yet, but like Dex said it is really easy to damage a root by just moving your soil around. Some of those beans might take quite some time to sprout.

dextr0

dextr0

That low temp can cause stress and slow growth, If you have no way to deal with heat (no heating pad?) then leave the lights 24 (if possible) until u are able to heat with something. If you want to go 18/6 then get that heating pad as soon as possible so they spent as little time as possible in 24 hr lighting until u get the heat situation settled.

jagle

jagle

shit right see ill see what i can do about that, would 24 on be quite bad for them?

That low temp can cause stress and slow growth, If you have no way to deal with heat (no heating pad?) then leave the lights 24 (if possible) until u are able to heat with something. If you want to go 18/6 then get that heating pad as soon as possible so they spent as little time as possible in 24 hr lighting until u get the heat situation settled.

lazarus718

lazarus718

shit right see ill see what i can do about that, would 24 on be quite bad for them?
Nah bro, 24 is nothing but good! Their access to light at this stage is the most important factor in their growth so the longer they have it the happier they are.

dextr0

dextr0

No. There are people who dont agree with 24hr lighting, but even they would have to agree that with 24hr lighting u will get good/great results. Its whatever u want to do, or may need to do in this case.

jagle

jagle

Nah bro, 24 is nothing but good! Their access to light at this stage is the most important factor in their growth so the longer they have it the happier they are.

cool, so 24 on it is for now, till the pop the surface a good amount?

lazarus718

lazarus718

cool, so 24 on it is for now, till the pop the surface a good amount?

I keep mine next to my water heater but I sprout in paper towels, they don't need the light until they have popped the surface. You want them dark until they sprout.

jagle

jagle

well atleast 2 have popped so hopefully the other 2 have now

I keep mine next to my water heater but I sprout in paper towels, they don't need the light until they have popped the surface. You want them dark until they sprout.

Top Bottom