First Grow, CLf's

• Thread starter jagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluberry

lol... try this >

http://www.invalid.com/advanced-marijuana-cultivation/95992-increasing-odds-female-seeds.html

jagle

jagle

K.O. Kush 2 has popped its shell, tiny 1/8th of an inch tap root, covered lightly with soil and misted

jagle

jagle

good news

yep havent fucked too much yet, still waiting on one more seeds, the 2 i noticed yesterday were lightly covered in soil and nothings grown up past soil yet, slow and steady they say, so hopefully over the next few days ill get a lil seedling or 2

dextr0

dextr0

Ive had seeds take up to 10 days to show when I directly plant into soil...be patient.

dextr0

dextr0

How about them reflectors? Are they working as well as u thought or what??

jagle

jagle

How about them reflectors? Are they working as well as u thought or what??

ya honestly impressed by beer cans, dont get hot and i can notice a difference in light hitting the corers and sides of the box without em, for the cost of a few cans how bad.

jagle

jagle

question, how long after the seedling sprouting, or how big should the seedling get before i go from 24/0 to 18/6?

dextr0

dextr0

There should really be no need to change from 24/0 to 16/8. Unless u want to or u dont like the way your plants grow. The only reason im advising 24/0 right now is because of the cold. I do run 24/0 but that is my preference for what I need.

What im saying is this changing of 24/0 to 16/8 is not a process like 12/12 is.

Cannabis will veg well in 24/0 or 18/6. This is a choice.

But Cannabis generally needs 12 hours or more dark for Flowering. 12/12. This is a process.

jagle

jagle

totally understand you dex, only reason i would change to 18/6 is because i read that the plants like the darkness for roots to grow, gives them a rest and its what nature is like, do you notice any adverse effects of having 24/0?
with the cold the way it is i may just run 24/0 for the time being

There should really be no need to change from 24/0 to 16/8. Unless u want to or u dont like the way your plants grow. The only reason im advising 24/0 right now is because of the cold. I do run 24/0 but that is my preference for what I need.

What im saying is this changing of 24/0 to 16/8 is not a process like 12/12 is.

Cannabis will veg well in 24/0 or 18/6. This is a choice.

But Cannabis generally needs 12 hours or more dark for Flowering. 12/12. This is a process.

jagle

jagle

hey guys, home from work to this,
its K.O. Kush 1, must of come up in the last 8 hours or so maybe, unless i missed it last time i was in there, this baby is way ahead of the others.
sign of a male? or good pheono, well have to wait and see

very excited

again, a big thank you to everyone, specially you guys watching me

CIMG1959b
CIMG1964b
hiboy

hiboy

Ive always germinated in moist paper towels. Softens that hard shell nicely. I would also leave lights always on...

jagle

jagle

Ive always germinated in moist paper towels. Softens that hard shell no nicely. I would also leave lights always on...

cool thanks for the vote for 24/0, gonna read more on it, seems they way to go quicker growth

dextr0

dextr0

totally understand you dex, only reason i would change to 18/6 is because i read that the plants like the darkness for roots to grow, gives them a rest and its what nature is like, do you notice any adverse effects of having 24/0?
with the cold the way it is i may just run 24/0 for the time being

Im not sure jagle. I can say im going to try 18/6 then next grow to find out. I do feel they take up water like a mfer when I run 24, I want to cut down on that and I want to see if my plants stay more hardy with a little down time. I think one of the reasons Ive always ran 24 is because I hate timers and I like to get up at night and look in on my grow or just spend time when I feel like it. I get more time with the girls when I dont have to worry about lights off. Of course during flower the dark is very important. And i dont interrupt under any circumstances.

Ive always germinated in moist paper towels. Softens that hard shell no nicely. I would also leave lights always on...

I have done this before but as stated above if find the rootlets very fagile and have harmed more than one either moving to transplant spot or opening paper towel. The warm water leaves less of a chance of mess up in my opinion. No long rootlet to mess with, I just use sterilized tweezers and pick out of water drop into medium of choice.

lazarus718

lazarus718

I have done this before but as stated above if find the rootlets very fagile and have harmed more than one either moving to transplant spot or opening paper towel. The warm water leaves less of a chance of mess up in my opinion. No long rootlet to mess with, I just use sterilized tweezers and pick out of water drop into medium of choice.

I know what you mean by the taproot getting caught in the paper towel, but it isn't a huge deal...you just tear that portion of the towel off so that the root isn't disturbed and bury it all. The paper towel will break down in the soil and won't affect anything. I've had a 98% success rate with the paper towel method over the last ten years, occasionally one seed out of all the beans I pop may not sprout (this includes other veggies and flowers since I grow all my gardens from seed). I like the towel method because you know the seed sprouted and you don't have to worry about digging around in your soil to find out what's going on.

hiboy

hiboy

Ya forgot about damaging that little root in the towel. Think it happened before, havent grown from seeds since i was a teen back in a tree house, man that was fun. Now its all clones of course.

dextr0

dextr0

Hey laz, yea my main gripe is still the long rootlet, I like to get them right as they pop and I dont know if because I check so often or what but I never get a long rootlet. No accidental bending of a long rootlet.

Just my method.

Top Bottom