First Grow Diary with Photos

• Thread starter Maxwax
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I just love being able to monitor from downstairs via camera. (Grows in upstairs room) If I didnt have this Id be up there checking once an hour.
The camera is cool. Alternately, check out one of these.

You can get extra sensors and have as many as 3 on one monitor and just put the sensor in the tent and put the monitor where you hang out most. They get fancy with keeping logs of daily temps/humidity levels and they have some that have an app where you can check it wherever you are I think. I don't get that fancy and this unit serves me well.

Maxwax

Maxwax

The camera is cool. Alternately, check out one of these.

You can get extra sensors and have as many as 3 on one monitor and just put the sensor in the tent and put the monitor where you hang out most. They get fancy with keeping logs of daily temps/humidity levels and they have some that have an app where you can check it wherever you are I think. I don't get that fancy and this unit serves me well.
Interesting. Thats a 2 sensor deal they have a one sensor thats even cheaper. I may get one.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Day 18: Topping was successful and new leaders are there at the ready now and I had to expidite my transplant because these things are node stacked like crazy and I need some stretch to get my LST going. Lots of light blockage happening right now with these big fan leaves.

These three went well in transplant. The roots were circling so it needed transplanted maybe thats why my stretch is so short. Lights are at appx 600/Umol now. I left the light where it was I dont want it any closer and dont need it closer yet. Not sure what it is probably 25-26" No watering yet, Im gonna let te soil settle down maybe till tomorrow morning. Let the roots search for moisture and the Happy Frogs pretty fresh out of the bag I have, nice and cool.

I have PH balanced water ready with some Myco brew with a whole lotta good Mycorrhizae and 1% N. I may add a dash of Molasses and Big Bloom (guano and castings) Ive given these plants NO nitrogen to date. Which is ironic because I apply Nitrogen to lawns for a living.

Now I have bad news to report. Mini me was murdered by my dog. My fault. Had her comfortable in her soil in a 3 gallon pot fresh planted and on the floor as I did my others and well....she likes her veggies and it makes sense. My fault but it looked like a murder scene. Bummed too because I worked hard manipulating and bringing her along I expected a fruitful bounty as a reward.

Rest easy tiny dancer. May you fill mason jars with fresh nugs for the fellas in that great smokers lounge in the sky...

IMG 5550
IMG 5551
Last edited:
Blastfact

Blastfact

Day 18: Topping was successful and new leaders are there at the ready now and I had to expidite my transplant because these things are node stacked like crazy and I need some stretch to get my LST going. Lots of light blockage happening right now with these big fan leaves.

These three went well in transplant. The roots were circling so it needed transplanted maybe thats why my stretch is so short. Lights are at appx 600/Umol now. I left the lkight where it was I dont want it any closer and dont need it closer yet. Not sure what it is probably 25-26" No watering yet, Im gonna let te soil settle down maybe till tomorrow morning. Let the roots search for moisture and the Happy Frogs pretty fresh out of the bag I have, nice and cool.

I have PH balanced water ready with some Myco brew with a whole lotta good Mycorrhizae and 1% N. I may add a dash of Molasses and Big Bloom (guano and castings) Ive given these plants NO nitrogen to date. Which is ironic because I apply Nitrogen to lawns for a living.

Now I have bad news to report. Mini me was murdered by my dog. My fault. Had her comfortable in her soil in a 3 gallon pot fresh planted and on the floor as I did my others and well....she likes her veggies and it makes sense. My fault but it looked like a murder scene. Bummed too because I worked hard manipulating and bringing her along I expected a fruitful bounty as a reward.

Rest easy tiny dancer. May you fill mason jars with fresh nugs for the fellas in that great smokers lounge in the sky...
Looking good Max. I only transplant photos once from solo cups to permeant pot. I never transplant auto's. Following,,, glad I saw your post!

Maxwax

Maxwax

They should start to get taller anytime .
They look good .
💪
Thanks! Theres a lot happening under those big fans and I need to get light down there. Id like more stretch to make my first bend easier and less dramatic.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Looking good Max. I only transplant photos once from solo cups to permeant pot. I never transplant auto's. Following,,, glad I saw your post!
I wasnt planning on going to half gallon pots first and wont again. It worked out because the plants loved it but these roots are active as fuck and they would have been G2G in the 3's. Ill start with a larger solo cup then go straight into 3's or 5's next time.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Note the packaged coco coir blocks Im using to elevate my fan...lol I bought that stuff and decided against using it as a first time indoor grower. A wise choice I believe. I also think the Happy Frog was a good choice. I know what Im doing nutrient wise but am still enjoying not having to add much at all yet other than some mycos and sweet stuff, dash of cal mag. We'll push the N here soon enough, then go P-K for flower.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Well I watered now so ,my first isnt in the morning b4 work. Added correct amounts of FF Big Bloom, Molasses, Cal-Mag, and FF Bush Doctor Microbe Brew. Used 1 gallon Got very light runoff on 2 at least I should be good. Ill topdress as they stretch and the soil settles in.

Maxwax

Maxwax

Day 20: Started LST with a bend over to try to get exposure to all the great stuff happening below these huge fan leaves of these node stacking shortys. I fully expected them to be taller by now and so it made the training challenging but I think I accomplished what I set out to do. Also tried pulling a fan leaf or two out of the way.

Plants are taking about 1/3rd gallon water each day.

Im gonna start pushing some N to these plants once they recover from this.

Im wondering if the genetics is a mess on these Ive never seen such big fat fan leaves on such a short plant.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated, thank you.

Day 20 LST1
steamroller

steamroller

They really should take off soon .
They have been growing their roots ,but eventually they will show more from their hidden activity .
I like the hard side of the bucket .It helps me water allowing the pot to dry out slower since there is less evap besides training advantages .
First grow had root bound 5 g buckets .Many say air style pots don't allow such expansive root growth since the edges of pot are often dry ?

Maxwax

Maxwax

They really should take off soon .
They have been growing their roots ,but eventually they will show more from their hidden activity .
I like the hard side of the bucket .It helps me water allowing the pot to dry out slower since there is less evap besides training advantages .
First grow had root bound 5 g buckets .Many say air style pots don't allow such expansive root growth since the edges of pot are often dry ?
I keep telling myself "But steam says theyre gonna take off soon!" lol My taining looks a mess but because they were so short it wasnt easy or as fruitful as Id like but I had to get light to the lower stuff now. People been growing in plastic pots since plastic was invented. These new wheels/bags arent all theyre cracked up to be. Thanks man.

Blastfact

Blastfact

Day 20: Started LST with a bend over to try to get exposure to all the great stuff happening below these huge fan leaves of these node stacking shortys. I fully expected them to be taller by now and so it made the training challenging but I think I accomplished what I set out to do. Also tried pulling a fan leaf or two out of the way.

Plants are taking about 1/3rd gallon water each day.

Im gonna start pushing some N to these plants once they recover from this.

Im wondering if the genetics is a mess on these Ive never seen such big fat fan leaves on such a short plant.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated, thank you.
Max there Indica's. More than likely a near pure indica. They produce the big and fat fan leaves and by nature are a short and squat plant. We can hope it will be good couch lock and drool inducing strain.

Maxwax

Maxwax

23 Days: 5 days since topping (successfully!) and 3 days since bending and Im happy. Im still worried about the big fan leaves blocking light and while I try to keep them out of the way Im easy nutrients, watering every other day now and nothing really planned other than looking for LST opportunities. I have those LST clips, soft wire, pipe cleaners, whatever Ill need. Trainings gonna be tricky because these seem to want to be stumpy fatties which is fine and Im in no hurry to push them into flower.

Just trying to get light past these big fan leaves. Id love to remove a few but wont. Yet.

Thoughts?

23 Days 2
23 Days
Maxwax

Maxwax

30 Days: Plants grew a lot in the last week. One got over fertilized and is acting unlike the others but hanging in there. Tried and accomplished some LST but theyre short and stout and not easy to bend. I also topped a second time by hand by pinching the tops so IDK thats still to be determined if successful.

So the plants are sortof stressed from messing around, but still truckin. I raised the light. Stopped adding Nitrogen and most everything else and theyre getting straight h20 at 6.2- 6.3 and Im not seeing any deficiencies.

Raised the lights think I noticed some light burn on the new shoots and maybe a curled fan.

I built a couple scrog frames with nets Ill attach with ball bungies in all 4 corners so they can be moved etc. Thanks to CannaGranny for the inspiration on these.

Im probably going to veg for 6 weeks IF....the latest top yields good results and Ill top once more before flower....

Im topping more than I wanted because I cant LST as well as Id like but were building a canopy thats for sure.

IMG 5576
IMG 5575
IMG 5574
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Can’t wait to see them with the scrog installed, there looking nice after that last push lots of nice looking tops!

Maxwax

Maxwax

No guts no glory. More LST today as well as a pretty extensive defoliation of the larger lower and a few upper fans to expose more bud sites and lower youngsters in preparation for flipping in 2 weeks.

Went a little crazier than I planned but think I made good cuts and decisions. Theyre 4 weeks and 3 days old these fans have served their purpose and provided much needed and appreciated photosynthesis.

Watered one plant to runoff and PH and PPM is fine to go.

Watered with Bushwacker microbe goodness which is actually analyzed with 1% N and a ton of other stuff including BT. Good stuff check it out.

Theyre definitely gonna be stressed out but nothing Ive done so far has seemed to piss them off for very long before they take back off.

IMG 5577
IMG 5578
Top Bottom