First grow ever Am I doing something right or wrong

• Thread starter sjs1488
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I have my ac infinity 6in fan vented into the dome with temp and rh sensor in dome and another AC infinity 6in in tent with separate temp and humidity sensor in tent tent I keep cooler and rh in basement and tent stay around 50 or below so I spray dome 2 or 3 times a day as needed to bring the rh back up between 70 and 80 but the fan dries the dome out everytime it kicks on
Do you not have a humidifier that can keep things in range? If not then, as suggested, continue with what you've been doing and try and hit those targets the next time you do a run. If you can procure a humidifier that can keep things in range then you'll be able to better control the environment and keep the girls in the sweet spot.

S

sjs1488

Do you not have a humidifier that can keep things in range? If not then, as suggested, continue with what you've been doing and try and hit those targets the next time you do a run. If you can procure a humidifier that can keep things in range then you'll be able to better control the environment and keep the girls in the sweet spot.
That's the next step this is just kinda a test run with some seeds from a buddy they started out as skunk #1 from like 10 years ago from Amsterdam that a buddy has been growing outside and picking the cream of the crop to pollinate just to see how it works and I have gorilla glue # 4 fast version from Herbie's usa I am going to get a humidifier from AC infinity for the next round

S

sjs1488

Seedling looks good.

Wait until you have around 5 or 6 nodes before you transplant them. Your pots look like gallon pots so you really don't need to repot for a while. You could veg until you're a couple weeks out from flip and transplant them.
The pots are about a half gallon

S

sjs1488

PXL 20230329 053225156
PXL 20230329 053221542
PXL 20230329 053153820
PXL 20230329 053145644
PXL 20230329 053130469
PXL 20230329 053115229
PXL 20230329 053011641
PXL 20230329 052957844

A lil concerned about second picture and 4,5,6. 5 and 6 are the same plant

S

sjs1488

PXL 20230329 053221542
i only watered this plant and almost immediately changed color on the lower leaves with 50 ml with 1 ml per gal of calmag, VEVO kelp and micro and grow from remos in 50|50 mix composted manure and pearlite what should I do to recover

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Did you nute burn them on foliar? The foliage is tender at this stage. Try not to spray it with anything but clean water. It needs to get a little bigger ands stronger with some branch and leaf development before you start foliar feeding.

I personally don't foliar feed. The only time I spray anything intentionally on the leaves is if I need to apply pesticide. Wet leaves promote mold.

Last edited:
S

sjs1488

Did you nute burn them on foliar? The foliage is tender at this stage. Try not to spray it with anything but clean water. It needs to get a little bigger ands stronger with some branch and leaf development before you start foliar feeding.

I personally don't foliar feed. The only time I spray anything intentionally on the leaves is if I need to apply pesticide. Wet leaves promote mold.
I've been spraying with same mix whole time but I am quitting now and only straight water from now on and if I did burn them are they recoverable

S

Shona

also take care not to leave moisture on leaves when under light as they will fry, inside or out water on the actual plant will cause a few problems, but this baby isnt suffering from sun or light burn, it looks like nute burn, I wonder what the medium is and if its got nutes in it already? a seed raising mix is preferable for germinating, with some blood n bone added lightly just to fortify the soil to give babies a little extra popping power, we dont usualy feed for the first week or so and use a buffer between the new seedling and the built soil we use when u transplant, Cannabis is pretty forgiving and this may recover if u are careful, spray around the stem at soil level using a soft spray nozzle till they are a little hardier. taking care not to leave the foliage of the plant wet.

S

sjs1488

also take care not to leave moisture on leaves when under light as they will fry, inside or out water on the actual plant will cause a few problems, but this baby isnt suffering from sun or light burn, it looks like nute burn, I wonder what the medium is and if its got nutes in it already? a seed raising mix is preferable for germinating, with some blood n bone added lightly just to fortify the soil to give babies a little extra popping power, we dont usualy feed for the first week or so and use a buffer between the new seedling and the built soil we use when u transplant, Cannabis is pretty forgiving and this may recover if u are careful, spray around the stem at soil level using a soft spray nozzle till they are a little hardier. taking care not to leave the foliage of the plant wet.
The medium is composted manure and pearlite 50 50 mix nothing else added and I have been spraying with a misting bottle around the stem about every 4ish days as needed. I just started a measured amount at 50 ml about an inch outside of the "leaf zone" as I call it to try to stretch the roots out and I know I started in a hot medium I didn't know I couldn't when I started will start in neutral soil next time

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
View attachment 1345548i only watered this plant and almost immediately changed color on the lower leaves with 50 ml with 1 ml per gal of calmag, VEVO kelp and micro and grow from remos in 50|50 mix composted manure and pearlite what should I do to recover

The medium is composted manure and pearlite 50 50 mix nothing else added and I have been spraying with a misting bottle around the stem about every 4ish days as needed. I just started a measured amount at 50 ml about an inch outside of the "leaf zone" as I call it to try to stretch the roots out and I know I started in a hot medium I didn't know I couldn't when I started will start in neutral soil next time
lord you need more than poop and perlite

add some soil in there plz

B

Ballisticsuk

I feel like this is kind of a loaded question. 50% - 60% humidity is passable but higher humidity in early development is almost always better for overall plant health in that early stage. Obviously high humidity environments present their own problems but I think with proper air circulation and cleanliness protocols those problems can be minimized and managed and still be able to provide the best environment for our plants to thrive in.

My early seedlings through early veg get humidity levels averaging around 70% - 80% consistently and, so far, I haven't had any mold or mildew issues. I'm currently in week 2 of flower and the humidity in the tent hasn't gone below 60% throughout and has spent most of its time in the 70% - 75% range. I'll start lowering the humidity after week 6 but moreso to stress them to produce the desired effect rather than any issues with disease or pests.
Damping off is the problem that can hit if left under domes to long the stalk goes mushy around the base it folds over and dies once the first true leaves show the dome is no longer needed as the root will begin to take the needed elements

S

sjs1488

Damping off is the problem that can hit if left under domes to long the stalk goes mushy around the base it folds over and dies once the first true leaves show the dome is no longer needed as the root will begin to take the needed elements
I just fixed the problem for now I got a rag wet and hung it on the outlet of one of my 6in ac infinity fans and jumped my rh up drastically so I took the dome off a few mins ago lol thank you I didn't know that that would cause damping off

S

sjs1488

Well I mean if you have that much natural fertilizer on hand I’d assume you could use a promix or something less hot
I have 9 5 gallon buckets full of 50\50 mix composted manure and pearlite lmfao how much would I need to add to say just 1 bucket 25% 50% ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom