First grow ever Am I doing something right or wrong

• Thread starter sjs1488
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Ballisticsuk

My VPD has to be dialed in to get the best results with these sprays it's kinda hard to keep parameters in "green zone" I would say at best I'm in mid yellow zone
Its your first go feller just go with it vpd are gjesstimates at best some strains require dramatically different care and attention if you want to dial in then grow 1 strain for a couple of years tl learn wbat it needs bubblegum was my choice strain back in the day when i was on it

The only way to dial in is to know your ladys needs both in life and the grow room

B

Ballisticsuk

Its your first go feller just go with it vpd are gjesstimates at best some strains require dramatically different care and attention if you want to dial in then grow 1 strain for a couple of years tl learn wbat it needs bubblegum was my choice strain back in the day when i was on it

The only way to dial in is to know your ladys needs both in life and the grow room
Some strains grow better on top of mountains some in desserts some in the lowlands of afgahnistan lol

S

sjs1488

Well then you need humidifier and other equipment to dial in your environment but the seedling will damp off if you leave it in there.
I took them out and figured out how to keep it in 70s
Screenshot 20230331 215051
range I hang a wet towel up in front of my fan

S

sjs1488

Rh is no good without airflow to keep the humid air patogen free its not the kind of rh she is looking for
PXL 20230401 025243151
PXL 20230401 025231174
PXL 20230401 025212762
PXL 20230401 025205636
Screenshot 20230331 223623

What do u think about this setup for coco coir and I can set it to spray 2 or 3 times a day for how ever long I need I'm gonna add 2 more buckets and either loos the baskets or buy one this was just a kinda diy thing just to test run

X

Xcepter

Greetings !

I would like to ask advice from the community, I'm first time grower ( this is my first of the first grow )

I've watched many many growing videos from germination till harvest and maturing the harvested buds. But my plants are crazy fuckers that I've not seen in any video or in article that I read....

These plants are just bushy as hell.

I have trimmed them 4 times (2nd major trim example in the picture ) and they become an unpenetrable forest every time within 2 weeks.... During trimming I have removed 1/3 of the plant lower branches entirely.
All pictures ( apart from the first ) are taken today and this is end of 1st week of flowering stage ( 12 hours light )

Strain : Supler Silver Haze.

Are these fuckers growing and spreading crazy like this is normal ? Shall I do a big trimming and remove many big leaves at this stage from all around the plant brances ? ( Will affect bud growing if I take out let's say 3/4 of the leaves that are present on the pictures ? )

Thanks for any advice !

After 2nd major trimming on leaves and lower branches removal
Epic bushy from side
IMG 20230401 091854 144
IMG 20230401 091850 057
IMG 20230401 091844 633
IMG 20230401 091820 581
B

Ballisticsuk

Greetings !

I would like to ask advice from the community, I'm first time grower ( this is my first of the first grow )

I've watched many many growing videos from germination till harvest and maturing the harvested buds. But my plants are crazy fuckers that I've not seen in any video or in article that I read....

These plants are just bushy as hell.

I have trimmed them 4 times (2nd major trim example in the picture ) and they become an unpenetrable forest every time within 2 weeks.... During trimming I have removed 1/3 of the plant lower branches entirely.
All pictures ( apart from the first ) are taken today and this is end of 1st week of flowering stage ( 12 hours light )

Strain : Supler Silver Haze.

Are these fuckers growing and spreading crazy like this is normal ? Shall I do a big trimming and remove many big leaves at this stage from all around the plant brances ? ( Will affect bud growing if I take out let's say 3/4 of the leaves that are present on the pictures ? )

Thanks for any advice !
Have you fliped them 12 and 12
If not then do what you like to them
And flip them soon or you gonna have a jungle

B

Ballisticsuk

Have you fliped them 12 and 12
If not then do what you like to them
And flip them soon or you gonna have a jungle
Sorry lol just spotted 1 week flower
So you can take light blocking leaves and pissy branches off slowley up to the end of week 3 then one major defol strip or fans and lollipop the shiz out of it but wait to week three untill out of puberty

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Basic defol rules I was taught. If you're lighting is HPS or HID, anything 12" or more from top of canopy gets removed. last 3 inches of the bottom of the 12" gets every other leaf removed. Water leaves take precedence over new leaves for removal. Any leaves blocking bud sites from the top that can't be tucked or moved away are also removed.

Same idea with LED but canopy depth should be 8" - 9".

X

Xcepter

Basic defol rules I was taught. If you're lighting is HPS or HID, anything 12" or more from top of canopy gets removed. last 3 inches of the bottom of the 12" gets every other leaf removed. Water leaves take precedence over new leaves for removal. Any leaves blocking bud sites from the top that can't be tucked or moved away are also removed.

Same idea with LED but canopy depth should be 8" - 9".
I have Mars Hydro TSL 2000 Full Spectrum Dimmable 300W LED Grow Light. So burning is not a problem. I do a massive trimming on both to clear out all bud sites.

S

sjs1488

PXL 20230401 233316958
can I go from soil to aeroponics without hurting my plants substrate suggestions are greatly appreciated
PXL 20230401 233321206
should I go with the plastic basket or the net I was worried about the rocks falling through the one then on the other hand the roots coming out of the net might get cut cause of the small holes
PXL 20230401 233324162
the tube coming up is to see water level I'm getting the air stones tomorrow 4in round should be adequate o yeah I tiled my tent floor to work on lol
PXL 20230401 233327257

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

View attachment 1346759can I go from soil to aeroponics without hurting my plants substrate suggestions are greatly appreciated View attachment 1346760should I go with the plastic basket or the net I was worried about the rocks falling through the one then on the other hand the roots coming out of the net might get cut cause of the small holesView attachment 1346761the tube coming up is to see water level I'm getting the air stones tomorrow 4in round should be adequate o yeah I tiled my tent floor to work on lolView attachment 1346762
No. Something about how the root develops in the soil vs water. Aqua talked about it in one of the threads but I don't remember which one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom