First Grow Ever(outdoor Journal)

• Thread starter Bakataha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bakataha

Bakataha

I feel like the closest thing I can guess is maybe some root problems. I was going to transplant monday, but I may tonight. Nothing on there really looks like what's going on with my plants. I believe I've seen people go through their whole grows in a solo cup only, but maybe that's only with coco coir. I hear you need half the size pot compared to soil, meaning 3 gal pot with coco medium is equivalent to a 6 galon pot with soil. My next grow, since it's going to be 100% indoor, I've been doing a bit of researching into coco growing with hydroponic nutrients. We'll see where these plants go from here! Thanks so much again @GrowingGreen

Bakataha

Bakataha

Maybe even a nitrogen toxicity? The nutrient dose I put in my water was 1/4 recommended strength because they're so young. I've ph adjusted my water to 6-7 every time. I use lemon juice from my lemon tree to lower my ph, and I also have raw organic honey i put in my gallon of water, about 1/4 tsp for the microbial life. I don't feel like they shouldhave nitrogen toxicity since I feed lightly now, and I'm on a feed feed water dry schedule. If I had to narrow it down though, I would guess it's on of those two things, though. Too much nitrogen, or root problems.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Maybe even a nitrogen toxicity? The nutrient dose I put in my water was 1/4 recommended strength because they're so young. I've ph adjusted my water to 6-7 every time. I use lemon juice from my lemon tree to lower my ph, and I also have raw organic honey i put in my gallon of water, about 1/4 tsp for the microbial life. I don't feel like they shouldhave nitrogen toxicity since I feed lightly now, and I'm on a feed feed water dry schedule. If I had to narrow it down though, I would guess it's on of those two things, though. Too much nitrogen, or root problems.
If your gonna transplant do it now! How many days are you into flower! When you do check the color of your roots

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Also looks like you only have 1 light maybe add another, might be they want more light, typically when leaves are droopy indicates overwatering, have you calicrated your ph pen once a week!

Bakataha

Bakataha

Do you think they can live their short lives in the solo cups all the way to harvest? They haven't started flowering yet, from the looks of it, but I'm a noob! I don't know as much as you, brother @GrowingGreen.

Bakataha

Bakataha

This is purely for starting purposes because they got burned by the sun originally!!! These big ones have been getting natural sunlight for 5 plus hours a day, or so, and after I transplant them, they're natural sunlight only, and light dep! I'm honestly hoping to see some single cola plants!

Bakataha

Bakataha

I don't believe they're six weeks old yet even, so they would still be in their little miniature mandatory veg cycle, right? I will transplant them tonight!!!! W/ pics

Bakataha

Bakataha

What a difference! Happy plants!:D
20160326 155450

Bakataha

Bakataha

They're also not going into huge containers. They're just going to be going into these little one gallon pots. They're going to get topped of with some even more mulchy soil because of the arid climate I live in. My mom also bought me this cheap little seedling humidifier thing that I will be able to use for clones!!!! Thanks ma:cool::smoking:

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

They're also not going into huge containers. They're just going to be going into these little one gallon pots. They're going to get topped of with some even more mulchy soil because of the arid climate I live in. My mom also bought me this cheap little seedling humidifier thing that I will be able to use for clones!!!! Thanks ma:cool::smoking:View attachment 585336
That'll work brother! Keep learning that is the only way to be a good gardener I'll help you as much as i can! Coo

Bakataha

Bakataha

Happy plants, happy plants :^)))))). Transplanting went VERY well. I didn't mean to get runoff on my watering afterwards, but I got a little bit. I figure it's nbd. I watered generously, but the medium isn't sopping wet. The roots werent brown at all, and there were a lot of little white worm looking ones poking out the sides, and the roots on the bottom were hanging down nicely! Thank you, brother. I'm more than fortunate to have a grower like yourself helping me out! Again, I cannot thank you enough @GrowingGreen, and all that have helped me along the way so far!
20160326 172020
20160326 172113
20160326 172821
20160326 172838
20160326 172903
20160326 173815
20160326 173806

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Let them dryout to let those roots search for water a bit then give them a good watering til you see good drainage good job brother

Bakataha

Bakataha

Both plants appear to be sexing. We've got little white hairs popping out of our og plant!!!! See em on the left there?
20160330 090212
Also, it appears the more sativa plant is showing signs of female pre-flower as well:smoking::D

Bakataha

Bakataha

Also, some great news:D i ordered an led grow bulb (9red 3 blue), plug to socket converters and a lamp to run the led bulb in, and they're getting here tomorrow (thank you gf for having amazon prime)! I'm going to be running 2 cfls on the plug in sockets. So, most of my flowering here is going to be done outside, and then bring them into the grow box when it starts getting too hot
Screenshot 2016 03 30 09 07 26
Screenshot 2016 03 30 09 08 00
Screenshot 2016 03 30 09 08 33

Smerb

Smerb

I guess I'll tell you, your seedlings are to young to flower. They will probably be a waste of your time and you might get irritated finding this out later. I try to help always, start more seeds. No nutrients till they are strong with a few sets of leaves. 18 hours of light or more till you want to flower, than 12 on 12 off.your soil should dry up in 3-4 days. Any longer, deadly. You need perlite for aeration of soil. Anything else? Farm.

Bakataha

Bakataha

Yessir @Smerb. They're both taller than six inches and they're seven weeks old. They don't get their proper exposure to a veg light cycle because I'm flowering straight from seed. I didn't have the resources to keep lights on them, but now I do. I made a light dep cardboard box for them, and made vents for air and everything. I'll convert that into my hoodrat grow box. Optimally, I'm going to order seeds off of nirvanna, since I'm broke and they're pretty cheap, and I'll get 10 free seeds with my order! I'm looking into growing with coir and I'm looking towards general hydroponics nutes and cal mag plus. Definitely looking into some of those sick hydro bags. I have a hydro store roughly walking distance but I make my moves on a bike, so that's ez pz.

Bakataha

Bakataha

I always appreciate your help, man! @Smerb. I'm never goingto get salty about advice:D You're taking time to help me out here. I'd be a fool to get upset! I'm DEFINITELY not arguing the point you made, but this literally started out as a stoner experiment and then I just fell in love with the hobby, and I'm not even dojng my first like real grow yet, you know! Hopefully these are just going to be those single cola plants that look like skyscrapers:cry: that's honestly what I'm hoping for out of these hos. Any bud will help haha. I hear to grow single cola plants you flower from seed, or after like 3-5 nodes I've read around. I'm curious to see how these come out. Again, they were just freebies. ALSO, I ALMOST FORGOT!!! On easter Sunday, I was talking to my girls uncle and showing him the plants and he said he has a bunch of mixed og seeds from bud he's saved up, somewhere around like 30 seeds he said, and he said he would just send them my way. I say mainly og because he told me that's what he always gets, except for a rare switchup haha.:smoking: That won't stop me from buying some skunk genetics though:cool: Do you know anywhere that seels Agent Orange, or Tangie seeds, anyone?

Top Bottom