First Grow Ever(outdoor Journal)

• Thread starter Bakataha
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bakataha

Bakataha

It's done, guys. Built and the lights are rocking and rolling.
20160331 154736
20160331 154723

Bakataha

Bakataha

Mini update: plants are responding extremely well to the lights. These hairs are blowing up, fellas. I'm so excited to see how this turns out. I'm broke so instead of using cal-mag I just threw some milk into my feeding and the plants seemed to respond well. The deficiency looks like it may have even regressed? Is that possible? The leaves just look a whole lot healthier! I also moved the led light to the very top of the box because it's supposed to be like 1-5 feet away frm the tops. Hopefully I don't roast em
20160402 150059
20160402 151841

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Mini update: plants are responding extremely well to the lights. These hairs are blowing up, fellas. I'm so excited to see how this turns out. I'm broke so instead of using cal-mag I just threw some milk into my feeding and the plants seemed to respond well. The deficiency looks like it may have even regressed? Is that possible? The leaves just look a whole lot healthier! I also moved the led light to the very top of the box because it's supposed to be like 1-5 feet away frm the tops. Hopefully I don't roast emView attachment 587239View attachment 587240
You can control the node spacing by the height of your light i try to keep my node between 1-1 1/2 inches, you can adjust your lite or you plants, do you have a small fan on them?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Mini update: plants are responding extremely well to the lights. These hairs are blowing up, fellas. I'm so excited to see how this turns out. I'm broke so instead of using cal-mag I just threw some milk into my feeding and the plants seemed to respond well. The deficiency looks like it may have even regressed? Is that possible? The leaves just look a whole lot healthier! I also moved the led light to the very top of the box because it's supposed to be like 1-5 feet away frm the tops. Hopefully I don't roast emView attachment 587239View attachment 587240
Just remember if your plant is in flower, they need to be in complete darkness no light leaks none or they'll herm on you!

3N1GM4

3N1GM4

Wtf happened to this leaf? This is the only leaf that did this on all of the plants? All the fingers are like, webbed? It's just one solid leaf i guess would be the best way to put it. This is also the plant that has the absolute slowest growth.View attachment 581805
I have a runt that is growing super slow with the same growth on both of the second leaves. Its like three leaves fuzed together into one leaf.

Smerb

Smerb

Well things are looking better brother. Keep growing. Wtf I posted this but it went haywire. Yo smoke one.

Last edited:
Bakataha

Bakataha

Yessir @GrowingGreen. I have a small battery powered desk fan on them at all times. The led bulb came with a manual, and it suggests being like 1-5 feet away from the cannopy. I'll try to maintain that as best I can with the amount of space I'm aorking with. For my next grow, I'm definitely going to be growing 2, maybe 1 plant, and I'm going to veg for like 2 weeks to a month with topping, and LST so I can really take advantage of this small space. I was even thinking about some gentle LST on these current plants, but I'm afraid they will be a lot easier to break because I hear the stems become more brittle during flower so it can support the bud weight. Any and all suggestions help! Thank you @Smerb, and best of luck with your runt plant, I have one as well! @3N1GM4
First two pics indicaa
Second pic sativaa

Bakataha

Bakataha

Went ahead and also did some LST so, maybe I won't have to move my led! I was going to wait until my next grow to LST, but I figured what the hell, I have a small grow space, and this will supposedly give me more yield, and I'm all for more smoke:smoking:

BudBogart

BudBogart

Looking very good. I lst'd a plant that insisted on being tall and long branches.
It ended up with all of the side branches bending up until they were all straight up. Each branch grew a near identical "top" cola. It was like harvesting a dozen top colas off of one plant.
As long as you are not snapping branches, you won't go wrong bending your plants to get max space usage. Happy growing.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Yessir @GrowingGreen. I have a small battery powered desk fan on them at all times. The led bulb came with a manual, and it suggests being like 1-5 feet away from the cannopy. I'll try to maintain that as best I can with the amount of space I'm aorking with. For my next grow, I'm definitely going to be growing 2, maybe 1 plant, and I'm going to veg for like 2 weeks to a month with topping, and LST so I can really take advantage of this small space. I was even thinking about some gentle LST on these current plants, but I'm afraid they will be a lot easier to break because I hear the stems become more brittle during flower so it can support the bud weight. Any and all suggestions help! Thank you @Smerb, and best of luck with your runt plant, I have one as well! @3N1GM4
First two pics indicaa
Second pic sativaa
You should be able to put that light 16-24" away from canopy, either way your doing a fine job

Bakataha

Bakataha

@BudBogart that's exactly what I'm trying to get this plant to do! I want all of those to cola, instead of having that traditional christmas tree with one cola. More yield would definitely make me happy!
@GrowingGreen thanks, brother!
I rearranged the box a little, and they're looking beautiful now that the tops have oriented back towards the light!
Ft. Runt plant (aka shit head)
20160405 173401

Bakataha

Bakataha

Moved the runt plant down so that I could drop those cfls down toward the sides (now tops) of the plants! I also have a cup of ice water sitting in here at all times to help with humidity and temp. Good idea or bad? No ice? Etc. I believe this little box sits around 85 degrees. I'm not too sure how else I could make it cooler. I dont think it's too bad. I've read some micro grows really struggling with heat problems, like 105+. I'm looking into a real led light. Just a small ufo panel for like 120. Do you guys think I should roll with that, or something a little bigger?

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Moved the runt plant down so that I could drop those cfls down toward the sides (now tops) of the plants! I also have a cup of ice water sitting in here at all times to help with humidity and temp. Good idea or bad? No ice? Etc. I believe this little box sits around 85 degrees. I'm not too sure how else I could make it cooler. I dont think it's too bad. I've read some micro grows really struggling with heat problems, like 105+. I'm looking into a real led light. Just a small ufo panel for like 120. Do you guys think I should roll with that, or something a little bigger?
Yes i think ufo would be perfect for you, also remember that at 80degrees mites gnats and other bugs start to come around, you really dont want them around in flower! Mites can reproduce at a 1000 to 10,000 a day in temps 80 an above

Bakataha

Bakataha

There's already a hole cut in the top, and that would be the most optimal @3N1GM4. The problem is, do you have to have a power supply to connect it, and run it? Or do they have adapters?

Smerb

Smerb

Never stress a flowering plant. Branch training usually is done by the time flowering begins. If you do it right your branches shouldn't be brittle they should hold weight. When a plant is topped it will branch out, that's when you get multiple tops. 82° or less so plant don't stress. I'll answer any question.hit me back

Top Bottom