First grow! How's my Royal Dwarf auto doing?

• Thread starter Cd993
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cd993

.......they're not real strains.... 😞
Haha with names like that, they should be!
Even my 'little' Royal Dwarf, she's not tiny as such at 54cm, but I can only but imagine what having a bigger plant would be like!

I reallyyy wanna try Durban Poison.... but that's off topic... 😜

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Haha with names like that, they should be!
Even my 'little' Royal Dwarf, she's not tiny as such at 54cm, but I can only but imagine what having a bigger plant would be like!

I reallyyy wanna try Durban Poison.... but that's off topic... 😜
You can do anything you want. ;)

The key with varieties like DP is getting true genetics. That's not the only one. I'd love to tackle that one myself, it's on my list. There are many......

C

Cd993

You can do anything you want. ;)

The key with varieties like DP is getting true genetics. That's not the only one. I'd live to tackle that one myself, it's on my list. There are many......
What attracts me, is the 'pure' sativa buzzy/energetic variety... Seems I've only ever had hybrids, so something like that is of appeal, for a time/place...

C

Cd993

Getting there...
PXL 20230702 121538604

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
What attracts me, is the 'pure' sativa buzzy/energetic variety... Seems I've only ever had hybrids, so something like that is of appeal, for a time/place...
I'm gonna start tackling sativas soon, even better, some landraces and heirlooms. They all have their particularities but for the most part it's all about more time. 11 weeks, 12
...14 weeks. Whatever it takes. You want to learn patience and discipline? Grow a sativa to full maturity, full ripeness. Throw your calendar out the window. Get some Zen and grab a seat for the long game....

Stokes

Stokes

I'm gonna start tackling sativas soon, even better, some landraces and heirlooms. They all have their particularities but for the most part it's all about more time. 11 weeks, 12
...14 weeks. Whatever it takes. You want to learn patience and discipline? Grow a sativa to full maturity, full ripeness. Throw your calendar out the window. Get some Zen and grab a seat for the long game....

I had my eye on some chocolate thai before this grow, decided against it because i didnt like my light. I upgraded my light and may do a couple after i get these skunks and GDP’s out the door

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I had my eye on some chocolate thai before this grow, decided against it because i didnt like my light. I upgraded my light and may do a couple after i get these skunks and GDP’s out the door
Like.....milk, or dark..?

I'm currently growing probably every major company's "Skunk". I'm expecting none of them to come close. There are some other sources that claim to have more "original" or "old-school" genetics......I haven't seen anyone claim "We have the same Skunk #1 genetics from 35+ years ago. Or they use superlatives....."the dankest, stinkiest skunk you've ever had". The difference is like the difference between ripe, sweer summer watermelon, and artificially flavored sour watermelon candy.

I got seeds of this "Ultimate Purple" that has GDP genetics but other purples as well. The picture sure looked good.

Stokes

Stokes

I'm currently growing probably every major company's "Skunk". I'm expecting none of them to come close. There are some other sources that claim to have more "original" or "old-school" genetics......I haven't seen anyone claim "We have the same Skunk #1 genetics from 35+ years ago. Or they use superlatives....."the dankest, stinkiest skunk you've ever had". The difference is like the difference between ripe, sweer summer watermelon, and artificially flavored sour watermelon candy.

I got seeds of this "Ultimate Purple" that has GDP genetics but other purples as well. The picture sure looked go im

I got seeds of this "Ultimate Purple" that has GDP genetics but other purples as well. The picture sure looked good.

Im doing dutch passions euforia, which is (to my understanding) a sativa dominant pheno of the old school 90’s skunk, which the website says gave birth to skunk #1.

Im admittedly no expert on skunk, and this will be my first skunk cultivar since ‘98 or so. Is it legit? Who knows. Im just calling it skunk because that’s essentially what it is.

The GDP im doing is a the original by ken estes, gifted by a hell of a good guy on another forum. I have been sitting on them for a while and decided to kick the pablos revenge out.

IMG 4393
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Even Euforia may not be anything like it used to be. These Dutch and Spanish, UK companies........they're selling nostalgia, the reputations of what these varieties used to be.

Skunk #1 was a specific, stabilized variety that was a cross of Columbian Gold, Afghani, and Thai......I think it was those 3, something like that....the exact crosses can be looked up along with the story. Check out an old Seed Bank catalogue from the mid to late 80s.

Stokes

Stokes

Even Euforia may not be anything like it used to be. These Dutch and Spanish, UK companies........they're selling nostalgia, the reputations of what these varieties used to be.

Skunk #1 was a specific, stabilized variety that was a cross of Columbian Gold, Afghani, and Thai......I think it was those 3, something like that....the exact crosses can be looked up along with the story. Check out an old Seed Bank catalogue from the mid to late 80s.

We’ll see how it turns out. If its a banger i’ll let you know. But yea, i dont expect much these days

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
We’ll see how it turns out. If its a banger i’ll let you know. But yea, i dont expect much these days
If any of these old-school strains have even a small percentage of the original genetics, they're worth making 500, 1,000 seeds and then really trying to hunt.

C

Cd993

PXL 20230704 091913008
PXL 20230704 091525604

Buds maturing nicely! Trichromes aren't changing yet from cloudy to amber, perhaps that's down to her being an autoflower. I'm still gonna wait a few days and may chop her by Friday

C

Cd993

PXL 20230707 091158637
PXL 20230707 091211182

... and there we go!

Top bud trichomes were about 50/50 cloudy/amber, that'll do me nicely! She's chopped up and drying commenced 😎

Top Bottom