**First Grow** Journal (PUDC & Sour Power) with the Spider Farmer SE5000

• Thread starter Dothraki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dothraki

Dothraki

did you put a white peace of paper and a clear tape over the camera with photone app
The tape doesn’t matter because it doesn’t go over the camera but yes I used white printer paper.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Ya know....I wonder if the calcium and magnesium is being absorbed by the coco. I remember seeing that was a downside of coco. If that’s the case I’m hoping it can be absorbed by the plant on the next watering.

Jakecan

Jakecan

Are you using Mantis as a foliar spray as well watering the substrate? Sorry i've been bed ridden all week so i'm a bit behind on this thread. To be honest you'r plants really don't look that bad. They are still growing and look health since your transplant (not as droopy). They do look a little pale green so i'm wondering if it is a lighting thing as someone else mentioned. The thing i've found with Mantis in my 3 years using it is it's a safe bet, you can rule out nutrient deficiency and focus on other things that may need tweaking. Although some strains are a bit hungrier and require a bit of calmag (i've only ever had to add once out of 50 strains i've grown).

Dothraki

Dothraki

Are you using Mantis as a foliar spray as well watering the substrate? Sorry i've been bed ridden all week so i'm a bit behind on this thread. To be honest you'r plants really don't look that bad. They are still growing and look health since your transplant (not as droopy). They do look a little pale green so i'm wondering if it is a lighting thing as someone else mentioned. The thing i've found with Mantis in my 3 years using it is it's a safe bet, you can rule out nutrient deficiency and focus on other things that may need tweaking. Although some strains are a bit hungrier and require a bit of calmag (i've only ever had to add once out of 50 strains i've grown).
Damn...sorry to hear, hope you’re feeling better!

I turned the lights down to 20-25% power and raised to 24” and will be monitoring for a few days. I couldn’t find pictures of too much light that looked like mag deficiency but hopefully that’s all it is. If anything is getting locked out it would most likely be due to my city water maybe too high PPM and PH. The Mantis man gave me a possible solution if that’s the case, mixing 50/50 distilled water with tap water, and see if there’s a change. But he also suggested moving the light further up to see if there’s improvement.

I haven’t purposely foliar sprayed lol. But some leaves had to be dabbed with a paper towel to soak up droplets after I used the pump sprayer. Can you foliar feed with it???

I will say this...
The small Mantis team gives the absolute best customer support I’ve seen since the 1980s.

Based on that alone, the product is worth trying for yourself. If this grow works out to my liking, I will stick with mantis. I would like to try organic at some point but Mantis is just so easy.

Jakecan

Jakecan

I turned the lights down to 20-25% power and raised to 24” and will be monitoring for a few days. I couldn’t find pictures of too much light that looked like mag deficiency but hopefully that’s all it is. If anything is getting locked out it would most likely be due to my city water maybe too high PPM and PH. The Mantis man gave me a possible solution if that’s the case, mixing 50/50 distilled water with tap water, and see if there’s a change. But he also suggested moving the light further up to see if there’s improvement.

I haven’t purposely foliar sprayed lol. But some leaves had to be dabbed with a paper towel to soak up droplets after I used the pump sprayer. Can you foliar feed with it???

I will say this...
The small Mantis team gives the absolute best customer support I’ve seen since the 1980s.

Based on that alone, the product is worth trying for yourself. If this grow works out to my liking, I will stick with mantis. I would like to try organic at some point but Mantis is just so easy.
I am feeling better today! Negative flu test but the flu or cold I caught rocked me.

Let those seedlings grow out of the seedling stage a little bit more and access from there. I think you're doing a fantastic job so far especially for your first grow. You're going to be growing quads by your second, you're so dialed in and asking all the right questions! Totally could be due to city water. I'm glad they are able to assist you. I have gained a lot of info from them as well. Super nice people that just want to see everyone succeed at growing cannabis.

I see. Lol yea i saw pump sprayer and I was like... Hmmmm interesting I have never heard of anyone using Mantis as a foliar. I feel like your leaves would get somewhat filmy doing that?

Dothraki

Dothraki

I am feeling better today! Negative flu test but the flu or cold I caught rocked me.

Let those seedlings grow out of the seedling stage a little bit more and access from there. I think you're doing a fantastic job so far especially for your first grow. You're going to be growing quads by your second, you're so dialed in and asking all the right questions! Totally could be due to city water. I'm glad they are able to assist you. I have gained a lot of info from them as well. Super nice people that just want to see everyone succeed at growing cannabis.

I see. Lol yea i saw pump sprayer and I was like... Hmmmm interesting I have never heard of anyone using Mantis as a foliar. I feel like your leaves would get somewhat filmy doing that?
Awesome thanks so much! Couldn‘t have gone this far without you and the other guys helping out so much! Plants are still not drooping so I’m hoping they were not affected too much by the transplant.

Next thing I look forward to is training, if any. I’m leaning towards not defoliating or at most, very minimal defoliation. I’m having a blast with this haha.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Awesome thanks so much! Couldn‘t have gone this far without you and the other guys helping out so much! Plants are still not drooping so I’m hoping they were not affected too much by the transplant.

Next thing I look forward to is training, if any. I’m leaning towards not defoliating or at most, very minimal defoliation. I’m having a blast with this haha.
i'd suggest joining some of other growers diaries and read, read, read.... Not defoliating. #LMFAO!

Jakecan

Jakecan

I will forsure be along for the ride! I can do my best to help you with your training as well!

Dothraki

Dothraki

I will forsure be along for the ride! I can do my best to help you with your training as well!
Awesome, much appreciated!!

i'd suggest joining some of other growers diaries and read, read, read.... Not defoliating. #LMFAO!
yeah that’s a good idea...but I cant figure out where the categories are on this forum lol.
As for defoliating...I might if humidity can’t be kept in check, otherwise I’d only cut what’s necessary. But I’ll read more into the effects on the plant and look for the info. I know some ”knowledge” can be concluded from personal experience or passed on and regurgitated from others...so I’ll keep that in mind when trying to learn more about it.

Baby girls~
Hope so, don’t want any dudes in there lol.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
on the top menu click on forums, on the new page that loads on the left hand menu you find diaries, in there you can find all the members diaries.
On the same menu you also see a lot of other categories as far as hydro, dirt and few other options for growing. It takes a bit of looking around to get use to the site but it is easy once you figure it out.

Dothraki

Dothraki

on the top menu click on forums, on the new page that loads on the left hand menu you find diaries, in there you can find all the members diaries.
On the same menu you also see a lot of other categories as far as hydro, dirt and few other options for growing. It takes a bit of looking around to get use to the site but it is easy once you figure it out.
Aha! I see it now, thank you! It should be in the drop down menu but it’s not...weird.

Frostfire

Frostfire

I will say this...

I can see the beginning of what looks like a deficiency but it's no cause for panic, especially when you have organic, to back you up and give you luck in case of difficulties on the road to success. But If you're asking is it safe to foliar feed with the fert you are using you haven't done your homework, that being said, I am aware you did not pre-charge your coco, that is not a disaster either, your plant will adjust but it will take time. I do not know of ANY non-organic fert that is made for foliar; chemical products in general are not!
Yes, you can (and should) foliar feed, that is a tonic straight to the heart of any problems you have, it's quick, easy and often very effective, now, what to do, what to do?? There is the question, the answers are many and varied, more to come...

Frostfire

Frostfire

Yes this is my first grow. I’m just trying to identify issues before they become big problems...and it looks like color is leaving in between the veins. It’s a little easier to see in person though.
What do you have in the way of organics just sitting around that you could give to your plant as a quick 'shot in the arm' to give it a boost and help guard against deficiencies taking hold?
Your plant needs time to adjust to the 'king sized' coco bed you just laid her down in, in the interim what can you feed her right through her leaves to give her extra power? Castings, aloe, kelp/seaweed comes to mind, what say you?

Frostfire

Frostfire

Yes this is my first grow. I’m just trying to identify issues before they become big problems...and it looks like color is leaving in between the veins. It’s a little easier to see in person though.

I’m on 20/4 cycle currently. What’s important is intensity, not how close the lamp is for the most part.
What was the lux lvl before you changed it? Closer to 20k?
Absolutely! Light is a form of food for plants and as long as the plants has this, it always had a chance to look for and find what it needs to thrive in the medium.
The importance of light, in the right spectrum and quantity/intensity cannot be overstated!

Dothraki

Dothraki

I can see the beginning of what looks like a deficiency but it's no cause for panic, especially when you have organic, to back you up and give you luck in case of difficulties on the road to success. But If you're asking is it safe to foliar feed with the fert you are using you haven't done your homework, that being said, I am aware you did not pre-charge your coco, that is not a disaster either, your plant will adjust but it will take time. I do not know of ANY non-organic fert that is made for foliar; chemical products in general are not!
Yes, you can (and should) foliar feed, that is a tonic straight to the heart of any problems you have, it's quick, easy and often very effective, now, what to do, what to do?? There is the question, the answers are many and varied, more to come...
I’m not sure why you thought I was asking about foliar feeding with the nutes Im using... that wasn’t discussed.

What do you have in the way of organics just sitting around that you could give to your plant as a quick 'shot in the arm' to give it a boost and help guard against deficiencies taking hold?
Your plant needs time to adjust to the 'king sized' coco bed you just laid her down in, in the interim what can you feed her right through her leaves to give her extra power? Castings, aloe, kelp/seaweed comes to mind, what say you?
I would buy whatever I need...I don’t have anything just sitting around. If they don’t look right by the end of next week, or get worse or slow way down before then, I will look into a foliar feed but for now I’m watching how they react to less light. Seem to have stretched a little since uppotting so I turned the power up around 5% more.

Dothraki

Dothraki

Day 3 since up-potting (day 18 from seed)

63B8DE4E 0946 4436 8C67 6E98321CBC2C
451EB9F7 9A34 435A 8FB8 CC69214D7A6C
4E306A6A 41AB 43C8 A334 E400C3B02AAE
C81881BB 6930 4A0C 8466 5E2611F36A6F

Frostfire

Frostfire

I’m not sure why you thought I was asking about foliar feeding with the nutes Im using... that wasn’t discussed.

I would buy whatever I need...I don’t have anything just sitting around. If they don’t look right by the end of next week, or get worse or slow way down before then, I will look into a foliar feed but for now I’m watching how they react to less light. Seem to have stretched a little since uppotting so I turned the power up around 5% more.
"I haven’t purposely foliar sprayed lol. But some leaves had to be dabbed with a paper towel to soak up droplets after I used the pump sprayer. Can you foliar feed with it???"

This is why... maybe you're referring to the pump sprayer and not the nutes, hahaha, if so, you can f. feed with a pump sprayer, or any sprayer, some are better than others, a spray bottle that atomizes being the best. If you do, a surfactant will also help the ff to adhere to the leaves.

But I also agree with your plan in waiting, patience is key and if you sort of stage things (as you seem to be doing by waiting to see if it was a light problem), maybe you can better identify any issues. Latest pics look good!

Dothraki

Dothraki

"I haven’t purposely foliar sprayed lol. But some leaves had to be dabbed with a paper towel to soak up droplets after I used the pump sprayer. Can you foliar feed with it???"

This is why... maybe you're referring to the pump sprayer and not the nutes, hahaha, if so, you can f. feed with a pump sprayer, or any sprayer, some are better than others, a spray bottle that atomizes being the best. If you do, a surfactant will also help the ff to adhere to the leaves.

But I also agree with your plan in waiting, patience is key and if you sort of stage things (as you seem to be doing by waiting to see if it was a light problem), maybe you can better identify any issues. Latest pics look good!
Ah, gotchya. Yeah I bought one of those pump sprayers thinking it would be easier to reach the back pots...not realizing it would take 3 hours to water with it lol. But when I was using it some accidentally sprayed on the leaves so I dabbed them up with a paper towel. Im tempted to get a cal/mag foliar feed but I just don’t want to cause further problems...especially the way my nutes are represented, like not recommended to use anything else...you can...but it’s not recommended. Theres a section that also stated due to the ph buffering it will cause your plant to take up a lot more of anything you add. On the flip side...those who ha e used it and not added anything else have had great results so....def going to wait it out a little bit and see if new growth looks the same.

I can’t imagine the trial and error involved for my buddies that used to grow before the internet lol. My god it must’ve been a nightmare. I remember crawl spaces with ducktaped halogen lights and aluminum foil covered closets, without all the knowledge available at the touch of a button. Respect for the pioneers.

Top Bottom